• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't usually have a second Steam thread open during sales.

Ah. Makes sense.

I was pretty resigned to not making any purchases during this sale but as usual (I think I've said this every sale the last 2 years) I ended up spending a non-trivial amount. So far I've picked up The Talos Principle, Ori and the Blind Forest, The Fall and Life is Strange.

Already finished The Talos Principle and I was completely engrossed. Fantastic game. Portal 1 was a long time ago but I remember in the second it seemed like solutions were very very rigid. The Talos Principle seems a lot more loose in that respect and I felt like there was a lot more room for ingenuity. I've noticed on more than one occasion the game will fake you out with completely useless stuff to break your balls a little bit. Love that kind of stuff. Then there was the story, honestly did fuck all research on the game but after looking it up post completion a criticism is that the game feels divorced from the narrative. I don't get that. It felt like there was more than enough to drive you forward between the voice in the sky, the AI questioning your personhood, the very well done time capsule audio logs (Erin Fitzgerald the goat) and the Dark Souls-esque QR codes, especially when other test subjects chained messages arguing with each other. The game makes it clear that you're being tested from the outset so doing tests should follow. I dunno, people are weird.

Anyway, really good game and I was kind of moved by the conclusion tbh lol. Conceptual stuff resonates more with me rather than characters which may or may not be written well or have graphics good enough to genuinely convey feelings, uncanny valley etc. I still have another ending to go where I have to collect all the stars. I tried but some of those things look impossible.

I made a start on Ori and as nice as it looks, I'm not feeling it. Not really in the mood for whimsy right now. Can't overstate how good it looks and it feels pretty nice too. Might move unto Life is Strange and come back to it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of InsaneMonkey, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InsaneMonkey, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Origin) -- MB-A45685DAF9A2ED39 - Taken by Pafnucy. 1 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising -- MB-CD3C2A61361D3F97 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-5E91217AD12E6E34 - Taken by Mixed2k. 3 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-5976E85416543AF9
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-CD2F16C0DB278500 - Taken by SilentRacoon. 3 entrants total.

t1434823153z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A lil' shocked that Dark Souls got ignored this sale.

Not shocked that Ikaruga did.

Sacred 3 didnt get a deal either, although Risen 3 did. Oh well

Cant find any price mistake either

I bought pretty much everything that I wanted/needed. Luckily, it was all funded through card selling profits, so my bank account can breathe easy.

Ozium

straight up, no jive ya turkeys, is hexcell infinite good? I liked the first one and didnt like the 2nd as much because it wasnt as relaxing if infinite is 2hard4me then I'd have to skedaddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom