• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Wonder if Bethesda is ever going to discount Doom and Quake below 50% again.
It's been what, 2 years, since that happened?
For franchises whose games last games are 11/10 years old, and the first ones are 21/19 years old, this is just a bad joke.

It's not like they're DLC.

Nabs

Been playing Arkham Oranges and... it's pretty good. Combat has gotten even better and the story is mildly interesting. The only problem I have so far is the open world feels so unnecessarily bloated with useless collectables. There's some cool stuff here and there but it's mostly just mindless trash strewn about with XP values affixed to them. It's a problem I feel a lot of open world games have where they have this giant world but don't have the slightest idea how to make it more interesting. Arkham City had this same issue but it feels more pronounced in Oranges.

I'll probably just power through the mainline story and move on.

The side stuff in this game is worth doing (not the riddler shit, but the assassins) if you have the time.

dex3108

So SteamGAF should i buy Fallout 3 GOTY and New Vegas Ultimate? Lowest price was on Nuuvem 2 years ago so i don;t think that it will go down to 75% again on Steam.

Pachimari

Final haul - done:

- Hexcells Infinite
- The Talos Principle
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
- Child of Light

I'm happy. Especially as I didn't expect to get anything during this sale.

i was going to buy the neptunia games and valkyria chronicles but then i remembered that i dont like turn based RPGs , due to this i have some extra dollars for something else , any recommendation? ( i like platformers , fighting games , beat em ups , shoot em ups and some puzzle games )

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, bets on how huge is the final day haul of JaseC?

i'd say +300

Around half of my budget was eaten up by the featured deals, which I wasn't expecting; I'm currently down USD$80 thanks to PayPal's temporary hold crap (this may change come Monday, though); and I had to sift through about 60 pages of games to finally find something I didn't already own, so 300+ is unlikely.

Ozium

life is strange ep 1 was 50% off two days ago, now it's 20%

also killing floor 2 is in the encore deal and part of yesterdays dailies that are still up..

lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Speed Gaming - Developer Alliance Bundle edition

decided to quickly try out the 4 games in this ridiculously cheap bundle (.74cents on steam)

header.jpg

Camera Obscura - 2d puzzle platform where you can take snapshots of the level and use the photo as platforms to reach other places. Very weird, neat mechanic. Graphics are ok, game seems neat.

header.jpg

Beep - cute 2d physics based platformer, controls seem a little finicky (like with every physics based game >_>) but the idea is neat and the art is really charming (I apreciate the robot's angry eyes when he shoots).

header.jpg

Polarity - First person puzzle game much like Portal or QUBE or MAgrunner, this time with a polarity shift mechanic. Seems cool if you are into those types of games (which I am).

header.jpg

Out There Somewhere - easily the best of the pack, a awesome looking, mind bender of a 2d metroidvania mixed with Portal. The use of momentum in jumps with the teleports is awesome even early on, and theres the usual metroidvania trapings of open world, items to get, health upgrades, etc. Easily worth the price of the bundle.

Khronico

The side stuff in this game is worth doing (not the riddler shit, but the assassins) if you have the time.

Yeah I'll go for the big side missions but I'm gonna ignore the riddler collectables.

It's weird because I thought I'd be kinda burned out on the Batman games after City but I'm actually enjoying Origins quite a bit.

Vazduh

I have about ~15€ left on my budget and I would like som help to decide between buying one of these deals, pros and cons of the games would be nice if you have the time.

• The evil within
  • The talos principle
  • Wolfenstein: the old blood + transistor
  • The vanishing of Ethan Carter + Transistor + Child of light

I would be thankful for any help in choosing :D

FYI, talos is 6,79€ here (eu2 IIRC). You could combine it with some other games.

Harusame

There weren't many visual novels that had a great deal for this sale, but I may have to just wait for the winter sale instead. I really wanted to try out Princess Evangile, The Fruit of Grisaia, Cho Dengeki Stryker and some others, but it would still add up

Deitus

Yeah, I'm scrolling through the rest of the DLC right now. That's quite a bit, even if it is mostly costumes.

The only other DLC not in the GOTY edition that's even bother with is Ultimate Vault Hunter 2, and all that really does is raise the level cap. And if you aren't planning on playing the game through multiple times on the same character to get the the highest difficulty level, that's pretty useless as well.

header.jpg

Out There Somewhere - easily the best of the pack, a awesome looking, mind bender of a 2d metroidvania mixed with Portal. The use of momentum in jumps with the teleports is awesome even early on, and theres the usual metroidvania trapings of open world, items to get, health upgrades, etc. Easily worth the price of the bundle.

Out there Somewhere is fantastic, even better if you like to do challenge/speedruns for achievements. Highly recommended

derExperte

As Venice > Commonwealth, I shall give a fuller answer. Even if it is much later.

Art of War is essential, as it noticeably revamps the military side of the game, bringing amongst other things an army builder, which is so wonderfully helpful. There's religious league wars, client states, being able to push vassals cb's. It's just amazingly helpful, and I couldn't imagine playing the game without the features it brings.

The rest are dependent upon your preferences and your budget. Common Sense, Conquest of Paradise, El Dorado, Res Publica, and Wealth of Nations are the big ones, with American Dream, Purple Phoenix and Star and Crescent being minor expansions. Women in History, while counted as an expansion, is free. So download it.

Common Sense is the latest, and therefore most expensive expansion, but changes the game in quite a big way. Now, tall nations are more possible, as you can develop your existing provinces to bring better rewards. As someone who doesn't like the Map Painter 4 side of EU4, this is manna from heaven for me. There's also a great deal of expanded content for theocracies, protestantism, and the English get a parliamentary system.

Conquest of Paradise added a lot when it launched, but most of those features are either free or were added for free to the base game later. Now all it offers is the ability to play as colonial or native american nations, and a random new world generator.

El Dorado adds a lot for Central American nations, with massively revamped Inti, Mayan and Nahuatl religious groups. There's also custom nations, which can be a lot of fun if unbalanced, and automated exploration which rather noticeably changes the entire colonial game. You can't just direct your explorer fleets westward anymore, you have to let the explorer do the work.

Res Publica completely changes the Republican governments, adding in things like the Dutch Republic, Dictatorships and loads of new events for Republicans and Elective Monarchies.

Finally, Wealth of Nations revamps the trade system, adding in privateers, trade companies, trade conflicts and trade ports. There's also new features for Hindu and Reformed nations.

Out of those major ones, I'd say that Wealth of Nations is the most universally useful, as trade is something every nation will do. For the rest, it's just a matter of deciding to get them if you want to play as a nation it'll affect.

Now for the minor ones. American Dream is pointless, as it only adds a few events for the USA, and then only if you pick the USA from one of the later start times. So you get some events for a whole 44 years of playtime. Purple Phoenix adds events for Byzantium, so if you want to resurrect the Roman Empire it's essential. But otherwise pointless. Star and Crescent adds in events and decisions for Muslim nations, and so is far more universally useful.

Thanks for that btw. Maybe it's useful for someone else too since UE4 is a deal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom