• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I'm happy with my haul:

- Hexcells Infinite
- The Talos Principle
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Basically traded my PS4 versions of FIFA 15 and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for these.

zkylon

zkylewd
well, getting miss take "only" 66% off then

pretty decent sale for me, not gonna do listing but got a bunch of games i wanted

takeaways:
- no dark souls is really weird
- rockstar has no shame, is hilariously pathetic
- valve still can't come up with legitimately fun events around their sales for shit lol
- always sometimes monsters for $2.50 is great!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Encore day
Fuck listing everything, though.

NCD6Sq7.jpg

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I have about ~15€ left on my budget and I would like som help to decide between buying one of these deals, pros and cons of the games would be nice if you have the time.

• The evil within
  • The talos principle
  • Wolfenstein: the old blood + transistor
  • The vanishing of Ethan Carter + Transistor + Child of light

I would be thankful for any help in choosing :D

Ozium

so hexcells infinite good or only good if you liked the second one.. halfway through the second one I started to dislike because it was 2hard4me, is infinite even harder or what?

basically I am skared.

cyba89

so hexcells infinite good or only good if you liked the second one.. halfway through the second one I started to dislike because it was 2hard4me, is infinite even harder or what?

basically I am skared.

Hexcells Infinite - The real Hexcells starts here.

It's definitely the hardest.

Ozium

I have about ~15€ left on my budget and I would like som help to decide between buying one of these deals, pros and cons of the games would be nice if you have the time.

• The evil within
  • The talos principle

as many copies of bad rats as your wallet will allow

It was, the first day.
Remember people complaining about the price hike due to it coming out of EA on the first day of the sale?
Edit: Hm, or was that just a general discount...

It's had a general discount the whole sale, but no daily or flash unless I some how missed it, and it's not listed on that site posted above that shows the lowest it's ever been priced.

Oh snap, Scholar of the First Sin is 50% off. That's actually pretty generous. Was expecting that on a daily tbh. Doubt it'd go for less than half price so soon and DS1 while never hitting $5 is almost the same price as usual.

Nabs

basically I am skared.

Infinite is on the same level, the later levels are even tougher.

Tecl0n

encore already? Damn that means alpha protocol won't get discounted further. I am now forced to buy RE4, oh the humanity.

Mr. Doop

basically I am skared.

It gets really hard towards the end. If you thought Plus was tough, then Infinite will be extremely difficult for you. The randomly generated puzzles are pretty easy, though.

BruteUA

With all that fuckery going on in the Alienware twitch chat last night, I didn't realize I won a Dirty Bomb starter pack until I saw the email this morning. Prepare to die.

Turfster

If you don't know what to do with your money, may I remind you that the GOG finale is still on?
I recommend the Quest for Glory series, DRM-Free Prince of Persia, Ultima, Wing Commander and the Lucasfilm Adventures.

MaxiLive

• The evil within
  • The talos principle

Hmm I haven't played most of those games so I can't comment but I really enjoyed my time with the Vanishing of Ethan Carter, such a beautiful world to explore!

Plus that bundle you get the most games :D

chronomac

I have the YOWH script and the Autojoiner and no one in the IRC chat seems to know which room to go to. They seem to be waiting on...something?

EDIT: Apparently they give away the rooms 2 hours after the reset, so in 30 minutes or so.

Oh snap, Scholar of the First Sin is 50% off. That's actually pretty generous. Was expecting that on a daily tbh. Doubt it'd go for less than half price so soon and DS1 while never hitting $5 is almost the same price as usual.

SOTFS : 25
Upgrade with owning DS2 : 24

Yup so fucking generous.

Khronico

Been playing Arkham Oranges and... it's pretty good. Combat has gotten even better and the story is mildly interesting. The only problem I have so far is the open world feels so unnecessarily bloated with useless collectables. There's some cool stuff here and there but it's mostly just mindless trash strewn about with XP values affixed to them. It's a problem I feel a lot of open world games have where they have this giant world but don't have the slightest idea how to make it more interesting. Arkham City had this same issue but it feels more pronounced in Oranges.

I'll probably just power through the mainline story and move on.

Parsnip

Grabbed couple games since it's the last day.
My room is at like 608K, not too strong of a start but bailing early would be a mistake.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you don't know what to do with your money, may I remind you that the GOG finale is still on?
I recommend the Quest for Glory series, DRM-Free Prince of Persia, Ultima, Wing Commander and the Lucasfilm Adventures.

Filter the specials list to show only games, sort the results by price, and go nuts with whatever you have left, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom