• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Oh yeah, this got me to try out the first Momodora:
UGOdAxX.png

The dev gave him Talcon Mode.
I'm just waiting on a sale or bundle before I get the third one.

Yakkue

Some quick impressions on Dokuro (9,99$/€).
Zg35VCa.png

Do you want to save a princess who has no qualms about walking straight into her own spikey death and likes to stand still on platforms that are heating up, slowly but surely turning her into a cannibal's dream feast? Then come and play Dokuro!
You play as a little skeleton who is enarmoured with the princess his master just kidnapped to be his wife.
You resolve to help princess "I have no sense of selve-preservation" escape from her prison by puzzle-platforming through 150 deathly levels.
2HKKl7W.png

While I quickly lost the will to rescue princess darwin-award, the puzzles so far are really nice and engaging and keep the game enjoyable. New puzzle mechanics and new abilities keep things interesting.
You can temporarily turn into a sparkling prince, who is much stronger than your skeleton form, but can't jump as high.

The artstyle is incredibly charming.

You can either play this game with keyboard + mouse or with gamepad + mouse, which seems a bit strange but works alright.
uPBHW6K.png

----
My name is yakkue and I'm a succubus that doesn't need sleep because I live off the life energy of my victims

Haha, I wish ;p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You can either play this game with keyboard + mouse or with gamepad + mouse, which seems a bit strange but works alright.
uPBHW6K.png

This seems like something that you'd only do while waiting for a replacement keyboard.

Some quick impressions on Dokuro (9,99$/).
Zg35VCa.png

Do you want to save a princess who has no qualms about walking straight into her own spikey death and likes to stand still on platforms that are heating up, slowly but surely turning her into a cannibal's dream feast? Then come and play Dokuro!
You play as a little skeleton who is enarmoured with the princess his master just kidnapped to be his wife.
You resolve to help princess "I have no sense of selve-preservation" escape from her prison by puzzle-platforming through 150 deathly levels.
2HKKl7W.png

While I quickly lost the will to rescue princess darwin-award, the puzzles so far are really nice and engaging and keep the game enjoyable. New puzzle mechanics and new abilities keep things interesting.
You can temporarily turn into a sparkling prince, who is much stronger than your skeleton form, but can't jump as high.

The artstyle is incredibly charming.

uPBHW6K.png

Nice impressions. Here's one for those who want to try! :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Give a potato a hug.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dokuro -- MB-3F5D48241DFB4703 - Taken by texhnolyze. 6 entrants total.

t1433923851z1.png

Milamber

Oh I know there are ways, it's just that I can't believe there are still these kinds of limits.

Like everyone else's 30 day winzip/rar limit.

baterism

Bundle left-over. and
Sorry for being cheap, sale is imminent, money is tight,and I forgot to prepare for region free-GA before hand. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
ModBot said:
Instructions for baterism:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (baterism, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Braid -- MB-684E0AA423A74D9C - Taken by Sch1sm. 2 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-CA9C8AD2BD2E21B9 - Taken by DmAc2k6. 4 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-3EC71D9A4677DA69 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Dungeon Defenders Plus All DLC -- MB-10555E27D298C8FD - Taken by chronomac. 6 entrants total.

t1433923731z1.png

Eila

Dokuro is definitely better on Vita. The PC port was cheap, everything is really blurry even at 1080p and the game was just made to be played on a touchscreen with a gamepad. I guess it would work fine on one of those w8 tablets with one of these gamepads:

Turfster

I miss the days when if you wanted a good monitor, you just got a stonking big 19" Eizo or Iiyama CRT.
Buying monitors these days is damn confusing and irritating.

Ozium

e3 needs to happen so I can learn about what awesomeness the Wii U will get

still the best console this generation

PC/Wii U ladies and gentlemen

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
e3 needs to happen so I can learn about what awesomeness the Wii U will get

still the best console this generation

PC/Wii U ladies and gentlemen

So many laughing gifs to choose from, I can't decide :(

Bundle left-over. and

mow22.jpg

Sorry for being cheap, sale is imminent, money is tight,and I forgot to prepare for region free-GA before hand. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Happy birthday, my fellow Indonesian Gaffer!
We're kinda a rare breed around here. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

wilflare

Yes, since the sender is who paid for it.

good! because the checkbox there seems redundant :/
what about keys that you redeem how would the refund work?

and I hope Steam tells us which keys we use to redeem games already :/

----
how do I add a secondary payment (from another country to Steam?)
like Malaysia or Indonesia to my current Steam account?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
good! because the checkbox there seems redundant :/

The recipient needs to approve the gift refund because it's he/she who is impacted by the game's removal (I hope we're talking about the same thing here).

what about keys that you redeem how would the refund work?

Retail copies aren't eligible for refunds. This is stated in the FAQ.

how do I add a secondary payment (from another country to Steam?)
like Malaysia or Indonesia to my current Steam account?

You can't have various methods of payment tied to an equally various amount of countries. Why would Valve facilitate cheaper cross-region purchasing when it has spent the past ~18 months cracking down on it? ;)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KainXVIII, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (GOG) -- MB-F96EFEFF3F66826E - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.

t1433919108z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
pree3party-722x1080.png

HEISTERS!

This Saturday, we are hosting our very own Pre-E3 party here in Los Angeles. We're proudly inviting 50 of our heisters to come join us. Party features a big reveal from Robert Kirkman himself along with yours truly. You'll also be able to try out PAYDAY 2: Crimewave Edition and meet a ton of game industry developers - including the whole OVERKILL crew and everyone at Lion Game Lion!

We're inviting 50 heisters
We threw a vote recently whether or not to host PAYDAYCON in Los Angeles or Seattle. As the vote favored Seattle, we are going to host it there. However, we'll still have some fun in Los Angeles - thus, we're inviting you to a party of OVERKILL proportions!

How to sign up
1) Go to http://otwd-pd2.eventbrite.com
2) Put in the password "bain"
3) Register yourself to attend the event

I missed out!
We might have more tickets become available in the coming days. Stay tuned. We will also stream from the party on Twitch.tv come Saturday. More info to come!

See you on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom