• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

Jawmuncher, since we were talking about this earlier, I just wanted to show you that Visual Novel Reader, doesn't actually do that bad of a job:

AgoUv6o.png

While this is definitely not perfect English, it's still much better than you would get out of Google translate. It uses different machine translation software to translate VNs. I currently have it set to use ATLAS and Bing translate (surprisingly it's often pretty good). You can click on the Japanese characters, and there will be a little pop-up showing what that character means. In the screen the top text is obviously Japanese, the next line is from ATLAS, and the last line is from Bing.

The nice thing about Visual Novel Reader is that if you make an account you can contribute community translations, and if someone was nice enough to translate that line you will see it (it's not always in Japanese though--I saw some Spanish translations too, but Spanish to English translations generally are better than Japanese to English, so when I put them into Google Translate, the sentences actually translate fairly well).

I don't want to spam the thread with this information, so in case you want more info there's a guide on the Visual Novel subreddit.

Edit: Sorry if the image is too large. I'm going to resize the image.

Jawmuncher

Well this sucks, looks like no steam summer badge for me. Have tried everything to long in to no avail.

Jawmuncher, since we were talking about this earlier, I just wanted to show you that Visual Novel Reader, doesn't actually do that bad of a job:

AgoUv6o.png

While this is definitely not perfect English, it's still much better than you would get out of Google translate. It uses different machine translation software to translate VNs. I currently have it set to use ATLAS and Bing translate (surprisingly it's often pretty good). You can click on the Japanese characters, and there will be a little pop-up showing what that character means. In the screen the top text is obviously Japanese, the next line is from ATLAS, and the last line is from Bing.

The nice thing about Visual Novel Reader is that if you make an account you can contribute community translations, and if someone was nice enough to translate that line you will see it (it's not always in Japanese though--I saw some Spanish translations too, but Spanish to English translations generally are better than Japanese to English, so when I put them into Google Translate, the sentences actually translate fairly well).

I don't want to spam the thread with this information, so in case you want more info there's a guide on the Visual Novel subreddit.

That is pretty cool to actually see. Didn't think it would be so in depth of a program.

Jazz573

Well this sucks, looks like no steam summer badge for me. Have tried everything to long in to no avail.

That is pretty cool to actually see. Didn't think it would be so in depth of a program.

You might want to requote me. I changed the image link and it shows an error in your quote.

Also, I added it as a non-Steam game and the Steam overlay seems to work as well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
what's Battle Realms
its multiple realms of conflict

I have no idea what it is but hey free game with good reviews

one of the best damn RTSes I have ever played, pretty unique too

rather than spawn units you have to train your peasant (worker) unit to a training building, and you can even train said trained unit to other buildings to produce a new one! you only have rice and water for supply and while they are infinite you need to water the rice fields keep them coming out!

also male peasants come in to the "female" training buildings which spawn a female unit, apparently peasants "replace" the female unit in the building but jokes made about stuff

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Which Tera? EnMasse or Gameforge?
EnMasse blocking more IPs? Damn.
Here.

Starting Thursday, June 11, 2015, TERA will no longer be available on Steam for download from certain countries in Europe and Russia. Our decision to enforce this region restriction was influenced by external pressure from the publishers of TERA in these regions.

This means that after June 11, 2015, European and Russian players will no longer be able to access the TERA game page on Steam, add TERA to their game library on Steam, or download the game client through Steam.

All players who downloaded TERA through Steam and added TERA to their game library before Thursday, June 11, 2015 will continue to be able to access and play the game with their En Masse and Steam account.

Uninstalling the game however may prevent you from re-adding TERA to your Steam game library in the future.

Milamber

AgoUv6o.png

Edit: Sorry if the image is too large. I'm going to resize the image.

Wait... Can I hook ATLAS to some Japanese text off a word document or website too? That would be awesome.

EDIT: A 30 day trial!? What the hell?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of donny2112, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena -- MB-5CD2C56174F17EE1 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.

t1433914071z1.png

Add another game to the list of shit that just doesn't work well on my GTX 770: Momodora III

So, I have 3 games now that I know do this:
Momodora III (drops to about 20fps probably lower; afterburner was having issues with the display, seems to have a memory leak, d3d8, GPU usage 0%)
Spoiler Alert (drops to about 20fps, probably lower, d3d9)
Sacred 3 (drops to about 7fps, d3d9, GPU usage: 7% or less)

#JUSTMASTERRACETHINGS

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Add another game to the list of shit that just doesn't work well on my GTX 770: Momodora III

Momodora III (drops to about 20fps, seems to have a memory leak, d3d8, GPU usage 0%)
Spoiler Alert (drops to about 20fps, d3d9)

#JUSTMASTERRACETHINGS

Sacred 3 is known for shit performance but Momodora sounds really weird. No clue about Spoiler Alert.

Sacred 3 is known for shit performance but Momodora sounds really weird. No clue about Spoiler Alert.

It's just the latest in the long line of "this game should run like butter cause I could run it at 60fps on an integrated graphics card but it runs like garbage on my GTX 770".

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of donny2112, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
SimCity 2000 Special Edition (GOG) -- MB-D1F9AFC5CDF46B39 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.

t1433914911z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh that looks cool, I just assumed frost was trolling as usual.

Stop playing games on a toaster if you can't run that btw, toasters are for toast. Delicious toast. Not for playing video games.

Momodora III (drops to about 20fps probably lower; afterburner was having issues with the display, seems to have a memory leak, d3d8, GPU usage 0%)

#JUSTMASTERRACETHINGS

Momodora just sounds like
#JustJapaneseDevThings

Yakkue

#JUSTMASTERRACETHINGS

That's a shame, it runs at a smooth 60fps for me.
Have you tried unplugging your controller and playing with the keyboard? (If you have been using a controller in the first place). Some people seem to have problems because of the controller.

What the fuck is a momodora?

nobody reads my game impressions ;p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My name is yakkue and I'm a succubus that doesn't need sleep because I live off the life energy of my victims

And don't think I forgot about you Ningen, you robot. I feel you skulking around.

Go to bed, damn you Europeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom