• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I like this one.
Of course, it'll never happen.

It's not so much how the OS looks, as how it works under the hood. A lot of things changed in 7 (and then again in 10)
They seriously still do Vista updates for mainline NVIDIA cards?
I know they do for their business Quadro line, but that's because business are all about outdated OSes to keep their shitty old software running.

I said that poorly. It functions fine for all games and I don't need to look at it to make sure it's still functioning or require alterations to run games smoothly.

For the most part, any update for Windows 7 works for the 64-Bit incarnation of Vista. It's 32-bit that hasn't gotten anything nor should it.

Not sure how I should feel about Milamber being the reason for my tag.

Sexy? Tags work together after all.

Jawmuncher

Hey Jawmuncher. I just sent you an invite on Steam.

Excellent accepted. Though you should put an avatar on there as well. I just love people having more than one identifier.

Keyword: positive representation. Deus Ex: Human Revolution was horrible with that ghetto accent.

Still amazed that one woman didn't become a meme. My buddies still joke about it.

"Well SHIET! If it ain't da cap'n him self"

Khronico

Woah my refund request for TFU1&2 actually went through I think. I got an alert that they where both removed from my account but I haven't received a refund yet.

Jawmuncher

Also for those not tracking I am currently doing work out of state again so all I have is my phone and vita. So any steam related taskings I will get to at some point. I check my steam app periodically. Just glad the app supports voting during holiday sales.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Does buying games from other regions on Origin still work? I'm thinking of getting Battlefront and it's only around 50 loonies from Mexican Origin, compared to 80 bucks in Canada.

I'm probably going to wait until after the summer sale and E3 before preordering.

Woot, got my $100 Steam wallet card from Best Buy from that deal yesterday. My wallet is ready. I probably should have tried to order more though, because $100 definitely won't be enough.

iosefe

If elite dangerous is on sale, how many games do I have to idle?

(GAF Steam math)

tumblr_mx36znMXdb1qeam2so4_250.gif

Jawmuncher

Hmmm I really don't get this. I can't just log into steam on safari on my phone. However if I add something to my cart it goes to the payment page.

I havent idled at all and im at $0 for the summer sales purely cause last time I went idle crazy I felt bad for all my non factual gameplay time padding

but.. yeah.. that $0 is starting to bother me

It doesn't bother me too much, but I do hope they eventually let us reset our play clocks on a per game basis.
If elite dangerous is on sale, how many games do I have to idle?

(GAF Steam math)
If it gets a 50% discount, I will be buying one game this sale.

Khronico

Why did you buy The Force Unleashed 2? Man...

Should be kept on your account as a mark of shame

I thought I could play it for the gameplay and ignore the story... Normally I can do that pretty well (Like with vanquish which is amazing).

Holy crap that story is garbage.

Like, I've read some pretty trashy star wars EU stuff but MAN.

I probably should've gotten in on the Best Buy Steam credit deal, but I don't really need $100 in credit. Pretty much just D4 for me and maybe a couple games on sale -- $50 would've been plenty.

EDIT: Actually, if anyone feels/felt the same I'd totally go halfsies with someone (one $50 card for each of us, at the sale price), if the deal is still up.

donny2112

Cool! Got another Riddick to give away. (^_^)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam GOG key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena -- MB-5CD2C56174F17EE1 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.

t1433914071z1.png

Shoot, forgot to note it as GOG.com. Um, well, if you win, it's from GOG.com! :lol

Man, it just struck me. I think I played a demo of Battle Realms like a decade or more ago. Had no idea what I was doing, but it was neat.

Whoaaaaaaaa.

donny2112

Buying Riddick got me a free copy of SimCity 2000, so have at it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
SimCity 2000 Special Edition (GOG) -- MB-D1F9AFC5CDF46B39 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.

t1433914911z1.png

Thanks for the giveaway!

Thanks! Like sharing games I've really enjoyed when they're on sale like this. (^_^)

Re: elite dangerous

My only wish

Elite: Dangerous is really interesting. I played a ton before Steam Keys became available. It's strangely... relaxing? Throw a podcast on, do some trading runs. I actually broke down and bought a HOTAS for it, but (this is sacrilege I know) I think I actually prefer the "Crab" custom control scheme for a gamepad. It's not quite as immersive, but I feel like i have a bit more control with it, oddly enough.

Also, if you have a decent rig, some of the visuals can be *gorgeous*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom