• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

my mom bought me one of those when i was like 10

she got it in cuba of all places

The toys seem to have no point of origin. Everyone I know who had one got it used/second-hand.

EDIT: Was it intentional for Starscream to have He-Man's haircut and physique?

Is the Transformer game made by the Legend of Korra team? Because Platinum does seem to have a couple distinct teams at work... with the team handling the licensed games kinda getting the short stick.

Most likely, the main team is probably working on scalebound, while a smaller team is dedicated onto smaller projects like LoK and this Transformers game.

I pray isn't as hollow as the Korra game, game had good combat and translated the artstyle gracefully into the game, but outside of that it was mediocre at best.

Jawmuncher

I have not seen either of those and have not seen Jurassic Park.

Not seen Jurassic park how could you do this to me. Also before anyone says anything not seeing Jurassic park is the bigger sin here.

---

RIP Prey 2, the Bethesda sequel I wanted but instead I got dishonored 2.

Jazz573

Because they aren't cute girls.

Hey I like cute girls too, but sometimes there's also a time for awesome giant robots. I hope you at least like other giant robot licenses, because you get the best of both worlds--giant robots piloted by cute girls.

FLD

Come on mang, how can you find Transformers disappointing?

Didn't really grow up watching them so the license doesn't do much for me. I really enjoyed that other game (War for Cybertron or whatever? the first one) but I'm not particularly crazy about the license.

How do you know it's a Korra-level game? Did you read the description in the Best Buy link?

I skimmed it. And I meant that more in the licensed game sense, I guess. I'm not judging, it's Platinum so I'm sure the gameplay will be good. I have Korra but haven't actually played it yet. I need to catch up on the show first.

Pupo

Hey I like cute girls too, but sometimes there's also a time for awesome giant robots. I hope you at least like other giant robot licenses, because you get the best of both worlds--giant robots piloted by cute girls.
I liked some giants robots, like eva, aldnoah, but I'm not that fan.

chronomac

6TBE9p7.png

You'll have to wait for a Steam version.

Tizoc

Yeaugh Cute Girls make me think the grown ass men who appreciate them to be creepy as heck.

The girls from Diebuster and Gunbuster are justified cuz they got that 80s youth burning spirit in them.

Didn't really grow up watching them so the license doesn't do much for me. I really enjoyed that other game (War for Cybertron or whatever? the first one) but I'm not particularly crazy about the license.

I skimmed it. And I meant that more in the licensed game sense, I guess. I'm not judging, it's Platinum so I'm sure the gameplay will be good. I have Korra but haven't actually played it yet. I need to catch up on the show first.

Coolios, to me it's a Transformers game.
By Platinum
With a slick Cel shading look
and a bunch of its more common voice actors

Also I get to punch Devestator in the face

I love getting blind hype for games =3

You know how Ys is underrated? So is actual good Transformers media you've turned your eyes from cuz you can't appreciate the finer in things life :V

I watched it as a kid and liked it. I just stayed away from the movies.

If it is anything like the movies, i'll stay away :p

Chariot

I haven't even watched a robot anime, but I know they're awesome. Got to find some time to sit down and watch Eva one of these days. There's also Gundam and Macross, which I'm pretty interested in too.
I think EVA's biggest worth is it's role in history or looked at in the context of it's time. There are better anime out there - with and without robots. If you want to watch something with mechas try Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Full Metal Panic or Nanonha. I would also recommend Code Geass, but the Anti-Mainstream Force would tear me a new one.

Jazz573

I think EVA's biggest worth is it's role in history or looked at in the context of it's time. There are better anime out there - with and without robots. If you want to watch something with mechas try Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Full Metal Panic or Nanonha. I would also recommend Code Geass, but the Anti-Mainstream Force would tear me a new one.

Thanks. I'm still more interested in 80s and 90s anime than newer stuff, but I'll take your recommendations nonetheless.

Tizoc

I watched it as a kid and liked it. I just stayed away from the movies.

If it is anything like the movies, i'll stay away :p

Son please.
Whose posts are you reading?
Do I not know the finer things in life?
Do I not appreciate the greatness of the Ys and Brandish series?

I know the good TF ish son, anytime you want to realize how awesome reading is, let me know; you'll never believe that reading a Transformers comic will make you love reading and appreciate it like ever before.

Thanks. I'm still more interested in 80s and 90s anime than newer stuff, but I'll take your recommendations nonetheless.
Votoms, Patlabor. GET ON IT!

Son please.
Whose posts are you reading?
Do I not know the finer things in life?
Do I not appreciate the greatness of the Ys and Brandish series?

I know the good TF ish son, anytime you want to realize how awesome reading is, let me know; you'll never believe that reading a Transformers comic will make you love reading and appreciate it like ever before.

T-Tizoc's...
Oman was a nice place to visit, I suppose you do.
Y-yes...

Oh, never knew it has comics. Well, one day I suppose, not anytime soon as I need to clear my current plate in what little time I have.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Santerestil, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Santerestil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-Blades -- MB-1FF62672215CCB41 - Taken by texhnolyze. 7 entrants total.
Velvet Assassin -- MB-2950F4584EB9C24B
Brutal Legend -- MB-9DF5BEE410B77639 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 11 entrants total.
Guns'n'Zombies -- MB-270092A2172969E8 - Taken by Pakkidis. 4 entrants total.
The Path -- MB-DB5919ED1BC33690 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-05A82B6FEC1FE8F5 - Taken by EdmondD. 11 entrants total.
Tower Wars -- MB-7AA098D32D55F87E - Taken by tioslash. 4 entrants total.
Runespell: Overture -- MB-25774E845B5F7C9C - Taken by StrangeTaco. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-F5B02CCEF8FF1ED2
Painkiller Overdose -- MB-36A413DF13635303 - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space -- MB-0527599FFC9A79FC
Knights & Merchants -- MB-5F5EA2D789C1E7FD
Painkiller: Black Edition -- MB-D805CE88D7BFFAB0 - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project -- MB-20C57BB23D107EA5 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Cargo Commander -- MB-FADC86D1B0F01E46 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise -- MB-BE070FEDDA455E4E - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-6785AC06831BD356 - Taken by FoneBone. 1 entrants total.
A Bird Story -- MB-45473F1D94639EA9 - Taken by Ben652. 13 entrants total.
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-9437DF11D44841B9 - Taken by EmmanuelMunoz. 1 entrants total.
Hoard Complete Pack -- MB-0C2A5D66A5B96301 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1434277405z1.png

Pupo

Well, I will buy The Evil Within if I can run it with this.

AMD FX 6300 3.5 Ghz
8Gb RAM
Sapphire R9 285 2Gb Gddr5

So, what do you think, guys?

Ghostlight Ltd. [developer] 9 Jun @ 5:56am
Hey. I just thought I'd give you all a quick update.

The last couple of builds have fixed two of the longest standing, most annoying bugs and the game is looking a lot better than it was even a couple of week's ago.

I can't say for sure if it will make June, but if not I think there's a pretty good chance it will be out soon after.

That's from the Way of the Samurai 4 Steam discussion forums. Looks like WotS 4 is coming soon!

Well, I will buy The Evil Within if I can run it with this.

AMD FX 6300 3.5 Ghz
8Gb RAM
Sapphire R9 285 2Gb Gddr5

So, what do you think, guys?

My brother played it on a 3570k with a 7850 and didn't have any outstanding issues as far as I know. You should be more than OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom