• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLD

Was hoping Watch_dogs would be cheaper. Might wait until Winter Sale on that one.

Same. At 10 bucks it would've been an instabuy but meh. It's tempting but I just played Shadow of Mordor a few weeks ago and I still have Black Flag on the backlog, so I don't exactly need it right away. It can wait until Christmas.

Really tempted by that Evil Within season pass, though. I loved the main game.

Well, apparently Amazon doesn't sell digital Steam Wallet codes for whatever reason. I was going to convert my $5 credit into a $20 card, but the only option is to pay ~$30 for a physical $20 card.

Seriously, why? That's monumentally stupid.

dex3108

It is night here at my place and it is still damn hot -.-

giphy.gif

And on top of that no cards from Steam mini game -.-

Arthea

This is why you needed to be here at the start

I had very nice group going at the start, then I decided to create another game, to get a card and got all my levels 0-ed again, that was nice, I couldn't join any decent group after that, I entered new and it of course sucks.
I think I'm about to declare I'm done with this stupid game, no cards anyway and unlocks are nothing to write home about.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Thinking of getting an SSD in the 240-260 GB range, do you guys have any suggestions?

I've been looking a little on the samsung evo and the ocz radeon R7.

Eila

I was still around the level, but all the games I tried to join were already full.
Meh, I'll just have to wake up early on the final day, where I guess people are getting the farthest.
Oh, and I didn't get cards at all today. I believe I went 2 > 1 > 0 card drops in the 3 days the event has been on.

Shadownet

Banned
But....I'm weak and need to sleep!
I joined a team while I was at work. On my phone. You gotta want it, son!

I had very nice group going at the start, then I decided to create another game, to get a card and got all my levels 0-ed again, that was nice, I couldn't join any decent group after that, I entered new and it of course sucks.
I think I'm about to declare I'm done with this stupid game, no cards anyway and unlocks are nothing to write home about.
I got 1 card yesterday and the last 2 within 2 hours before I went to bed. Weird.

Still has never even let me start a game :/

I tried joining yours on first day but it bugged out.
Yeah you gotta go fast. Spots fills up fast.
-----
Apparently GAF are a bunch of slackers! Y'all still at 1156. I'm ashamed... Should have joined the reddit team.

Shadownet

Banned
how did titch find our accounts anyway

edit: shadownet stiniks
Well my account is on my GAF profile... Don't know about you guys. He probably work for the NSA...

Don't worry guys I'm home now. I haven't been contributing at all to the Monster Game. Let me upgrade and I'll get to work.

Annubis

Valkyria Chronicle:

English or Japanese voices?

Also, anything big I should know?
I already figured by getting a B on the first mission that rushing is much more attractive (restarted and got my A)

Turfster

Valkyria Chronicle:

I already figured by getting a B on the first mission that rushing is much more attractive (restarted and got my A)

Japanese, duh.
And yeah, going all strategic and slow is counter to the game's design, weirdly.

Unicorn

The Jim Sterling Squirty Play of that dinosaur Early Access game really made me want to play it.

I think that's how bad I want a dinosaur game. Someone talk me out of it, or direct me to a good Dino game on steam...

Mr. Doop

Valkyria Chronicle:

I always play with the original language no matter what. I like Valkyria Chronicles, but I'm still awful at it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Valkyria Chronicle:

Normally I'd say Japanese but English because of the script filling they did with the lip sync. (The lip sync went on long after the text in the Japanese VA so in the English script they filled in more details/dialogue to make it less awkward looking.)

titch

Only the first deathspank game on sale :( c'mon trilogy daily!!!

Edit wrong thread

Drop a raining gold there did someone just nuke the boss?

Chariot

Normally I'd say Japanese but English because of the script filling they did with the lip sync. (The lip sync went on long after the text in the Japanese VA so in the English script they filled in more details/dialogue to make it less awkward looking.)
I don't even wanna know how Isara sounds like in english.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I don't even wanna know how Isara sounds like in english.

Well if you can completely play it in Japanese or have a modified script that reflects the Japanese script I'd suggest that normally. :p
I find the flip flaps going on long after the dialogue stops a bit annoying though which is why I use English in VC.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I think this is the first time I've spent more money on a GOG sale than the concurrent Steam sale.

I've noticed that some games have been cheaper on GOG than they have been on Steam. Wasteland 2 and Avernum 2 are the first games that I can think of (W2 was $15.99 on GOG while it was $19.99 on Steam, A2 was $9.99 on GOG while it was $13.49 on Steam).

Shadownet

Banned
Congratulation Chronomac! You won Nidhogg & Detour! Please add me. Cause I don't think I have you on my friends list. My Steam link is in my GAF Profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom