• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
it has yuri so it gets a pass
canon yuri too
the best kind of yuri
latest
I thought you meant this Yuri for a second.. I was like YAY!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Blackguards 2: -75% ($8.74)

Blackguards Franchise Bundle (Includes 3 items: Blackguards 2, Blackguards Deluxe Edition, Blackguards: Untold Legends): -85% ($8.24)

What's wrong with this picture? >.>

The bundle was already cheaper than 2 before the flash sale, too.

I still haven't played the first game even though I bought it in a bundle, so I can't complain too much.

Jawmuncher

Thanks. What about Space Run?

You got me never played it. The Agarest games are decent though. Characters are fun. Can't really legitimately comment on them since I use a trainer to play them for the characters and story.

I was interested until I saw the $14 worth of DLC. :s

Yeah, I'd noticed that. It had me wondering what the point of the flash sale was, exactly.

Pretty sure it's all just cheat code DLC type stuff .

-------------

If anyone does get Agarest games Zero is the best place to start. Prequel and it fixes the crap route management the original Agarest had. Hello you're probably better of playing 0 and then 2.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I was interested until I saw the $14 worth of DLC. :s

From what I understand, the DLC essentially makes the game easier and doesn't really add any content. Most of the DLC packs are filled with extra weapons, items, and exp. & gold boosters. You probably won't miss much if you only buy the base game.

Shadownet

Banned
This can't be right.. I checked Isthereanydeal, it's telling me this is the first time Agarest Complete Sage has been on sale.

also.. the Complete Saga doesn't even include Agarest Zero DLCs? w8t...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
STFU
Apotheon
Metal Slug X

Those are damn good deals. I gotta sell a kidney within these 12 hours. (or idle cards and pray for foils)

baterism

Hmm, so supposedly Agarest series are half-decent right? I have Gen1 and Zero which I haven't touch at all. Gen 2, at 66%. To get or not to get...

Get Metal Slug series gais.
Should I get Metal Slug defense DLC pack? Ufufufu

ExoSoul

Banned

The writing's not for everyone.
Although it has its moments

Now that that's taken care of: there's enough stage variety, each character is truly unique and you can definitely develop your own play style although some are situational and late game you'll have a preferred rotation.

The music's ok, it's good but not great or specially memorable. Great map variety and the levels get longer and longer as you go.

The challenges will mock you and good luck talking with the superior race. But the gameplay is basically figure out how to move forward in the most efficient way, collecting stuff as you go to unlock more chars, and then go back in time to make to process faster until you can finish the level.

Hmm, so supposedly Agarest series are half-decent right? I have Gen1 and Zero which I haven't touch at all. Gen 2, at 66%. To get or not to get...

Get Metal Slug series gais.
Should I get Metal Slug defense DLC pack? Ufufufu

Agarest 1 and Zero are really slow. The battlesystem is a piece of shit. The battle system of Agarest 2 is far better.

Jazz573

Looks more like a doujin to me. Those boys are about to be very lucky.

Well doujins are still manga, they're just independently produced manga. Also I don't like when people refer to them that way, since doujin refers to independent Japanese products in general. I mean there's cg sets, games, manga, music, etc. Is there such thing as doujin anime?

EDIT: Oh shit, it's futanari! RUN AWAY!

That just makes it even better. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I need to know what it's called for science.

This can't be right.. I checked Isthereanydeal, it's telling me this is the first time Agarest Complete Sage has been on sale.

also.. the Complete Saga doesn't even include Agarest Zero DLCs? w8t...

Don't get the Complete Saga. That bundle is more expensive than getting the individual games separately. Save $3 getting them by themselves.

Milamber

Well doujins are still manga, they're just independently produced manga. Also I don't like when people refer to them that way, since doujin refers to independent Japanese products in general. I mean there's cg sets, games, manga, music, etc. Is there such thing as doujin anime?

Doujin Anime? Tons. Lots of independently produced school club anime are shown and sold at Comikets. Doesn't mean they are good tho.

Specifically, chapter 3 of FutaKyo! by Kurenai Yuuji.

Eila

Damn, just bought Agarest 2 and Zero. Got the first one earlier on GMG.
I don't event want these games. Please, stop me.

Lain

What is that picture from? I don't read manga, so I wouldn't know.

Milamber answered it, in a funny way. It's from Kurenai Yuuji (futanarun), though it's not really a doujinshi because it was published in one of the latest Comic Masyo. Story is called FutaKyo.

Deitus

Super Time Force was a weird one for me, because I enjoyed the gameplay, and I thought the time rewind mechanic was really neat, but it also completely undermined all of the challenge in the game (except for the challenge of getting to that dude in every level under par time, but that was just not fun at all). It's a cool game, and well worth playing, but it ended up feeling a bit more hollow than I was hoping on account of nothing you do really matters when you can just rewind time.

A scientist like you ought to know how to reverse image search. :p

Milamber

Anime seems like a pretty difficult thing for a bunch of amateurs to make.

If I was still in college, I'd set up a collection drive at my local anime club to raise money for hiring a bunch of Korean animators overseas to do our animation work.

It'll be a story of a single lonely animator with his estranged wife and his crippling Starcraft addiction in South Korea dealing with the pressures of work and his separated parents over the DMZ at the north.

Irony!

Super Time Force was a weird one for me, because I enjoyed the gameplay, and I thought the time rewind mechanic was really neat, but it also completely undermined all of the challenge in the game (except for the challenge of getting to that dude in every level under par time, but that was just not fun at all). It's a cool game, and well worth playing, but it ended up feeling a bit more hollow than I was hoping on account of nothing you do really matters when you can just rewind time.

I think a lot of people (such as myself) go in expecting a fun/wacky action game. But it really is a puzzle game, where aiming for perfect scores and solving mind-bending problems are the core of the game, rather than mowing down hordes of enemies with weird anachronistic heroes. It's just not what I expected, and for that reason I couldn't enjoy it much.

Plus it's short. And that writing... eugh.

Jazz573

If I was still in college, I'd set up a collection drive at my local anime club to raise money for hiring a bunch of Korean animators overseas to do our animation work.

It'll be a story of a single lonely animator with his estranged wife in South Korea dealing with the pressures of work and his separated parents over the DMZ at the north.

Irony!

Would it be an H anime? Well, I guess since it's you, I already know the answer. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom