• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
game is somehow cheaper for me in my part of the world >< (than Bundlestars)

lucky for you

That Bundlestars deal annoys me now...yesterday the time left was over 5 days but they lowered it so that now it ends early Monday morning. I was going to put a few dollars in the bank and pick it up Monday because I didn't have enough in the bank to cover it but now the deal will be over before I can do that. Oh well, I'll just have to wait until the next sale on it.

well good night gaf, work tomorrow morning and then going to the gym. no internets for me till i get home and watch that smash direct(the surprises have been spoiled but in the long run thats good, those 2 characters would've killed my mood, especially roy)

Jawmuncher

My usual theater is nearly all booked, I'll go watch it next week.
Good to hear.
It helped that I thought the Marvel game was a huge step up for the franchise, so I expect similar care and production values for this.
A lot of people are coming out of the wood works saying it's the best Lego game yet. Maybe that's in part to the fandom but even with that I'm hearing the nods to the films and other things are great.

rtcn63

Don't get the hype for World. Just from the commercials, it looks like another decent, if forgettable cash-in with 3D pandering. Like Michael Bay's stuff.

And I grew up with Jurassic Park, even reading the first two books back in high school.

Grief.exe

Don't get the hype for World. Just from the commercials, it looks like another decent, if forgettable cash-in with 3D pandering. Like Michael Bay's stuff.

And I grew up with Jurassic Park, even reading the first two books back in high school.

Hype?

It looked like a joke since the first trailer and I haven't heard anything positive critically.

Shadownet

Banned
My birthday is not for a short while. But I can't wait till then to give back something to you guys so here it is.

I'm doing 23 giveaways. There are only 5 rules.
1. Please only enter for games you don't have.
2. Once you win something, you are no longer eligible to win any other giveaways. So think about and make sure that it is the game you want. Maybe the next one might be better.
3. I reserve the right to take off any name that was entered if I find out you're a lurker or whatever.
4. Each giveaway will most likely be either 24 hours or until people stop entering. Whatever happen first. I will give a warning post before I close up the giveaway.
5. Don't wish me Happy Birthday yet. If you do, I will send ninjas and spiders after you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please quote to reveal the link, input your name and good luck!

Giveaway #6: Valiant Hearts: The Great War
header.jpg

Jawmuncher

Hype?

It looked like a joke since the first trailer and I haven't heard anything positive critically.

Who have you been talking to. It's getting very positive word of mouth and it's sitting at 70% RT. general consensus is if you're going in expecting good Dino action you're getting it. The most critical complaints seem to come from people highly comparing it to the first. I haven't seen it so all I can do is say everything I have gathered.

Also there was hype GAF missed since it's apparently about to have a opening weekend of 170 million +.

I'm thinking a lot has to do with its summer position, the fact that in a way dinosaurs are basically a new thing again, 14 years since the last JP, and lastly this is playing heavy on JP1 nostalgia.

Jawmuncher

In this thread at least, although I could just be fooled by jawmuncher's multiple personalities.

This thread has actual been fairly critical on the movie before it came out. I even jokingly said I was leaving SteamGAF because of it. Thus far only the people who have wanted to see it from the get go have gone. We haven't had any crow eaters yet.

wilflare

Who have you been talking to. It's getting very positive word of mouth and it's sitting at 70% RT. general consensus is if you're going in expecting good Dino action you're getting it. The most critical complaints seem to come from people highly comparing it to the first. I haven't seen it so all I can do is say everything I have gathered.

Also there was hype GAF missed since it's apparently about to have a opening weekend of 170 million +.

I'm thinking a lot has to do with its summer position, the fact that in a way dinosaurs are basically a new thing again, 14 years since the last JP, and lastly this is playing heavy on JP1 nostalgia.

I watched the film on Wednesday (releases in my part of the world)
feels forgettable :/
other than Chris Pratt, the film was... okay? the sense of danger wasn't there

EDIT: it feels Godzilla-ish too lol

Jawmuncher

¯_(&#12484;)_/¯
Haven't seen the film so I can't say anything about it. hope it's not like Godzilla 2010 though. Have nothing but vitriol for that movie. Regardless with all the bank it's poised to get, at least dinos should start making their way back to gaming and other media which is what I'm most excited about.

wilflare

¯_(&#12484;)_/¯
Haven't seen the film so I can't say anything about it. hope it's not like Godzilla 2010 though. Have nothing but vitriol for that movie. Regardless with all the bank it's poised to get, at least dinos should start making their way back to gaming and other media which is what I'm most excited about.

:X thought you've watched.
but it was cool to finally see to see Jurassic make it back to the big screen. still, it could have been a better film :/

when you watch it, you'll understand why I got the Godzilla vibe heh

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Chris Patt is the only reason to watch the movie.
ff3908ffd1.gif

guys, lets all unite and pray to base god and believe that tomorrow will be the ESO becomes a daily for... wait for it... $30(or 40... I'd accept that too)! if we all believe and pray together it might happen, so whos with me?

Amen.
I'm still watching that Elder Scrolls franchise sale page silently.

Milamber

No. Nonononononono. I already don't like crafting games, and this is even worse.
Don't do 7 Days To Die. I bought it on a friends recommendation last summer sale. I still regret that $18 after the hours spent in it. Between
fairly
shitty animations, a crafting system that's absolutely terrible, and the community being such a mess, I can't recommend it. Spend it on a better game. Put the money toward Dying Light if it doesn't get discounted more.
All right.

*puts wallet down*

This will most likely be true. Friends and family are telling me without spoiling anything. That I'll probably be in happiness shock once I see it.

Depends on what you play but there has been a decent amount my picks. Are you wanting specifically that month or from that point until now?

I don't mind anything really. But to drop my favorite genres... Fighting/Action/Horror. Basically from that point on, hah. I haven't really been keeping up.

rtcn63

¯_(&#12484;)_/¯

2014? I believe Asylum, which does those terrible SyFy monster flicks, has a rule where the monster has to appear within the first 20 minutes. Godzilla kinda failed at that. You know there's a cool fight happening at one point, but you're not actually shown more than glimpse. Fuckin' hell.

Jawmuncher

I don't mind anything really. But to drop my favorite genres... Fighting/Action/Horror. Basically from that point on, hah. I haven't really been keeping up.

Sorry Turfster

Alien Isolation, the evil within, Valkyria Chronicles, middle earth shadow of mordor, resident evil remastered, LIFE IS STRANGE, resident evil revelations 2, dying light, grand theft auto V, Mortal Kombat X (PC port is bad though), Wolfensten old blood, witcher 3, D4.

Those are the big ones from the genres you listed. Someone else can probably cover indie stuff.

This is a good resource to use to find stuff you might like that I missed though.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/06/01/2015-video-game-release-schedule.aspx

2014? I believe Asylum, which does those terrible SyFy monster flicks, has a rule where the monster has to appear within the first 20 minutes. Godzilla kinda failed at that. You know there's a cool fight happening at one point, but you're not actually shown more than glimpse. Fuckin' hell.

Yep too much build up for far too little pay off if you ask me. Still prefer 1998.

Life is Strange isn't on sale. :(

Did they lower the price for it? Because I remember paying $25 for it on Xbox One.

Edit: And I thought Godzilla handled it perfectly. I liked that they didn't show him much till the end.

rtcn63

Edit: And I thought Godzilla handled it perfectly. I liked that they didn't show him much till the end.
I understood what they were trying to do. Create that buildup, by only hinting at Godzilla and the other monsters, so that when we finally do see them, we're all super amped. But IMO it failed for the most part, since Kickass and the other characters simply couldn't carry the early half of the film. Once Cranston was out...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dam it took a long time. How are the mods going? The thread died.
Mods are still happening but not on the gaf thread. I kinda stopped doing them cause the program was giving me some weird performance at the start of the matches.
Is it really? Guess it would be a way to sell it during the sale. DOA5 50% off and now with online!
They confirmed on fb that its coming on the 30th (The discount before summer sale was til that date)

Anteater

alright

witcher 3 still looks great in sub hd, at least I can turn on some shit like hbao+ now

even 900p is hella demanding i had to drop it lower

no screenshots because they look like complete ass but it's fine stretched out in motion

Blu(e)

Does anyone know how long the Shadows of Mordor bundle will be available at Bundlestars? I don't see any timer.

It's going to be there for quite a while. Some of the other bundles they have on there that don't have a timer, have been there for months. So you'll have quite some time to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom