• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

After FOUR hours yesterday I managed to defeat her and win the tournament.
This morning I discovered Steam messed up my savegame with cloud and I needed to defeat her AGAIN.
I managed to do it only within two hours.
This quest was a nightmare.

You get to see her nude twice! No downsides!

Derp

Ohhhhhhh I almost bought one of them but heard it had some signal related issues (well that and Samsung's naff stand as per usual). Though that was a driver issue and not the panel itself apparently.

Yeah CRU is basically the more feature rich way of adding custom resolutions and adjusting your monitor properties. Here's a link, and hopefully a not too confusing guide to get started. http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

OH MY GOD CRU MADE IT WORK. I FUCKING LOVE YOU. THANK YOUUUUUUU!

giphy.gif

Must worship the Dogg now.

-dogs-1340102695.jpg

Polari

Anyone know why GTAIV stutters like crazy when I launch from Steam, but is fine when I launch from desktop? What a piece of shit port, fuck you Rockstar.

Don't they usually put up the mystery badge one week before the sale starts? I really hope that's an indication they're bringing back the Steam pre-sale auction. That was the only good thing about the snoozefest that was last years xmas sale.

Deques

Damn! Bioshock Infinite keeps crashing when I am playing Burial at Sea Episode 1. It never crashed during the main game :(

MaxiLive

Anyone know why GTAIV stutters like crazy when I launch from Steam, but is fine when I launch from desktop? What a piece of shit port, fuck you Rockstar.

Not sure, maybe something to do with Steam overlay? You could try disabling that to see if the performance is any better?

Tenrius

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is all kinds of cool. The environments are excellent and the story is gripping, one bad episode where you play as a dog notwithstanding. Hard to believe I've let this game just sit in my library for a year and a half not even knowing it was there. Oh well.

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is all kinds of cool. The environments are excellent and the story is gripping, one bad episode where you play as a dog notwithstanding. Hard to believe I've let this game just sit in my library for a year and a half not even knowing it was there. Oh well.
That series is also sitting on my backlog for too long. I have to play them sometime, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Miguel81

Are the puzzles difficult/obtuse, and how long did it take? I'm thinking of picking it up to join my recent purchase of Crimes & Punishments. Seems like it would be a better idea to play Testament prior to C&P.

I played right up to the point where you become the dog, then went seriously and put it down, not the dog. Keep meaning to get back to it.

Chariot

67 hours, wasn't really rushing, after I found Ciri I just focused more on main quests, plus I was already swimming in gold, doing contract seemed pointless(ended up with 19k crowns).
Weren't you a bit cheating anyways, Ms-to-Westeros-via-jetpack?

I am mean that in a joking way, how you play your games is your thing, don't go Iashman on me :(

Weren't you a bit cheating anyways, Ms-to-Westeros-via-jetpack?

I am mean that in a joking way, how you play your games is your thing, don't go Iashman on me :(
I hate being a map janitor, if I run into it I run into it, if not then oh well.

I made an exception for ursine armor, looks so good.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MMBosstones86, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MMBosstones86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Witcha 3 -- MB-E2E66DC4A5B51615 - Taken by BruteUA. 41 entrants total.

t1433249532z1.png

titch

I just spent about a 1000 USD to fix up my suspension and A/C of my car. I hope I got some left for the sales.

Mine is getting the exhaust done after the arse fell out of it :(

I got to the point that I don't remember if I own the game.

I think I've grown as a steam user.

Congratulations!!!

makes me so happy to know izombie is renewed for a second season

Sweet - I hate that feeling when a show you like gets cancelled!!.

Have a few that I watched the previous series still on my dvr to watch but now the have been cancelled im thinking do I bother or just delete them FWD man.

[iCE2[

Sorry, but is there a thread to give away Steam codes? I found only one for XBL/PSN
Have some left from Humble Bundles for older stuff, please reply when redeemed:

Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War II
DXBFD-CEQXQ-F24VV

Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® - Game of the Year Edition
FZX2H-94GJF-GJNZV

Company of Heroes™ Complete Edition
75W9C-NL92K-YXQ7R

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
FKM8C-3BTLJ-03NTH

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
C7T5I-2QZVE-FPCQ5

Tizoc

Sorry, but is there a thread to give away Steam codes? I found only one for XBL/PSN

DXBFD-CEQXQ-F24VV

FZX2H-94GJF-GJNZV

75W9C-NL92K-YXQ7R

FKM8C-3BTLJ-03NTH

C7T5I-2QZVE-FPCQ5

Use ModBot :p
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Loptous

DXBFD-CEQXQ-F24VV

FZX2H-94GJF-GJNZV

75W9C-NL92K-YXQ7R

FKM8C-3BTLJ-03NTH

C7T5I-2QZVE-FPCQ5
Got Deus Ex
Thanks!

Jawmuncher

My only nitpick with Witcher 3's ending is the epilogue's cutscene was too short.

Hell they don't even tell you a lot. Found out more about stuff I didn't care about rather than the people who were with me.

Oh good I found out what happened to both kings, What about Yennefer, Dandelion, and all the other people who helped me?

Arthea

I see all cheerful Ozie is back, Nintendo direct sucked or what?

edited: if Batman kiwi is so cheap everywhere, why exactly PE is 81€ on steam? That's almost as ridiculous as was price of DAI whatever edition on Origin.

Tenrius

Are the puzzles difficult/obtuse, and how long did it take? I'm thinking of picking it up to join my recent purchase of Crimes & Punishments. Seems like it would be a better idea to play Testament prior to C&P.

There's one particularly difficult puzzle involving a chesspiece right near the beginning, otherwise it's all pretty manageable (and you can skip the most difficult puzzles). I'm about 6 hours in (Steam says 8, but some of that was idling) and I think I'm about halfway through, so a complete playthrough should take about 12 hours. howlongtobeat.com agrees with this estimate.

I played right up to the point where you become the dog, then went seriously and put it down, not the dog. Keep meaning to get back to it.

That sequence felt like an afterthought, really.

Arthea

I see greenlight guy is enjoying his jump to conclusions mat

(><)

I do enjoy it among other things, yes!

so how was Nintendo direct? I haven't watched it

it was japanese only so it was all about the 3ds and nothing really new but I made a thread about the new Fire Emblem featuring a base building mode like suikoden and it also has a waifu petting simulator

it's basically destined to huge success then
Although base building mode is welcome to any game, as far as I'm concerned.

Ozium

I do enjoy it among other things, yes!

so how was Nintendo direct? I haven't watched it

it was japanese only so it was all about the 3ds and nothing really new but I made a thread about the new Fire Emblem featuring a base building mode like suikoden and it also has a waifu petting simulator

Jawmuncher

Only saw three seconds of Thanos, what's up with that?
You chose, unwisely.

those who aren't mentioned will go on Ciri's adventures in the future, I can bet you that, Geralt and Yennfer deserve some rest.

I REALLY didn't like
Yennefer. Like at all.
When I was able to tell her it was gone after summoning the Djinn, I was glad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom