• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

PLGAF, another great issue of CD-Action should be in stores later this week:

CDA_7_2015_okladka_1776x.jpg

I'm guessing Uplay for M&MX, DRM-free for Singularity & Pharaoh
~$4 for the lot of them.

Tizoc

PLGAF, another great issue of CD-Action should be in stores later this week:

CDA_7_2015_okladka_1776x.jpg

I'm guessing Uplay for M&MX, DRM-free for Singularity & Pharaoh
~$4 for the lot of them.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen any that are trading Wolf 2009 online?

Knurek

Speaking of which, has anyone seen any that are trading Wolf 2009 online?

There's still a few issues with Wolf2009 available in press stores around here...
If you're willing to cover shipping costs (tbh, I have no idea how large they'd be), I could get the game for you.
(Or alternatively, buy the magazine and upload the DVD content to your server space).

Just beat Neptunia Re;Birth 2.
Got the Conquest Ending.

I'm so depressed now.

Gonna shelve the game for a little while. Having to redo all that story nonsense in NG+ gets old.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i dont have this game and i hope someone else does that doesnt have this thing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (davepoobond, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-8A83B6E537321BBD

first come first serve!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Best place to start with the X-com series?

I have: UFO Defense, Terror from the deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, Enforcer and Enemy Unknown

Hektor

Best place to start with the X-com series?

I have: UFO Defense, Terror from the deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, Enforcer and Enemy Unknown

I'd say play the new one, enemy unknown first. Its the most beginner friendly of them all and buy the addon enemy if you like it. After that, you can try the old ones.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-9BDC7F8B1125D921 - Taken by tioslash

Got 2 by accident -_-'

Arthea

oh hi guys
anymore price mistakes that nobody told me about?

edited: Lego world is top seller. I find it hard to comprehend... not only it's an EA game, it's Lego too. Please, kindly enlighten me, why people jump on that train with such a fervour.

Hektor

oh hi guys

edited: Lego world is top seller. I find it hard to comprehend... not only it's an EA game, it's Lego too. Please, kindly enlighten me, why people jump on that train with such a fervour.

You have answered your own question.

tmarg

oh hi guys

Even if it just ends up being "build some shit with a bunch of lego" a lot of people will probably find that worth the current $15 price. And it seems like that much is already in the game.

Arthea

Detour is not a price mistake, The Silent Age had it, and I would have missed it if not for Jasec being against fun.

Or it won't launch at all. They've been pretty quiet about it.
Isn't Type-0 HD supposed to stealth launch in a few days?

not simply quiet, like we had no word about it after it was confirmed for Spring release and it's not on they games to be released page either. Although, there is only JC3 there anyway. Nothing else matters, according to SE?
I thought Type-0 was just announced, there is no release date, or did I miss something?

edited: I take my words back, apparently DX also matters, not only JC3

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Should I get dark souls 2 SOTFS now or should I wait for the steam sale?

As I own the base game it's only like €25

Stealth launch? Dunno, I read about a presentation, but I doubt it will launch so soon. But it wouldn't be inappropriate, after all SE released FFXIII-2 and FFIV pretty much during the same time.
The site said:

"[...] will work with MSI to have the global launch of their latest game FF Type-0 at MSI's Computex booth [...]"

Maybe I'm misinterpreting "launch" here though and they mean announcement

tmarg

Should I get dark souls 2 SOTFS now or should I wait for the steam sale?

As I own the base game it's only like €25

At this point you might as well wait, but I'd be surprised if the loyalty discount stacked with whatever the sale discount is.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm refusing to look at the X-COM 2 trailer seeing as I own X-COM 1 and have barely played any of it. I won't be tempted to buy more games I won't play
until the summer sale...

tmarg

The site said:

"[...] will work with MSI to have the global launch of their latest game FF Type-0 at MSI's Computex booth [...]"

Maybe I'm misinterpreting "launch" here though and they mean announcement

If they meant announcement, they're kind of spoiling it by announcing the announcement.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm tempted to download windows 10 preview .

I'm thinking of doing that myself. Not sure whether to go for a fresh install or just trust the upgrade process. Will probably wait a week or two for people to give it the all-clear first, although I know people are using it at the moment and aren't having problems.

Edit: Apart from Spirited, apparently!

Shadownet

Banned
I'm thinking of doing that myself. Not sure whether to go for a fresh install or just trust the upgrade process. Will probably wait a week or two for people to give it the all-clear first, although I know people are using it at the moment and aren't having problems.

Edit: Apart from Spirited, apparently!
How would you do a fresh install? Do you have to uninstall your current operating system first?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Use the ISO and choose to do a fresh install in the installation menus.

Yeah, this. It's supposedly easy. My laptop came with a trial version of Windows 8 on it and I *think* I did a fresh install of Windows 7 over it as I didn't have a key for 8, but when I did that my bluetooth stopped working and I could never fix it. If I can reliably back stuff up somewhere I might try again with 10. This would delete everything, yeah. Installing as an upgrade though supposedly preserves everything and even creates a backup of the old OS for you to revert to if you have problems, from what I've read.

Arthea

short first impressions on

I spent around 3 hours with it. here are my thoughts.
It is one weird game, like on level of weirdness to be my kinda game. Visually it immediately reminded me of Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. It's kinda mesmerising, more than Monte Cristo, tho. I really like small details that are there.
I can't say much about story as I haven't finished a game, I thought it's at least interesting.
As for gameplay. At the start it seems like a very simple game, deceptively so. You have one type of star seeds, and different "energy fields", later you get more types of seeds. You basically plant seed for results you seek. It's all nice and dandy until constellations come. Here a game gets complex, maybe even too much so. For example you need 3 C type of stars for that constellation and 2 of A type. The problem, is that type C evolves to type A like really fast with time. So it seems about timing, but nothing ever goes as planned, or perhaps I'm missing something. I feel like cleaning all board and starting over at this point, I already made a black hole, so I can do this. Anyway, stay tuned for more news.

Deques

Has anyone played Lego World yet? A friend of mine who is semi minecraft player bought and tells me that it is boring...

Coldsun

Banned
Guys I need help with something. I'm on a 4k monitor trying to run Witcher 3 at 1800p. So I've added 3200x1800 as a custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel, but whenever I switch to 1800p there are black bars on all sides. It's isn't stretching to fill the screen, and It's 16:9 so I don't see the problem. I went into the "adjust desktop size and positition" part of the Nvidia control panel to try and adjust the scaling, so I tried setting it to "full screen", it did some weird flickering but nothing happened, "aspect ratio", same thing, "override the scaling mode set by games and programs", same thing. I'm lost. It's impossible isn't it? I thought nothing was impossible :(

Have you checked wsgf.org ?

Derp

Have you checked wsgf.org ?
Nope. I think I'll just try Tom's Hardware or something. I don't see a solution to my problem (I've tried everything I can think of) but I think I'll just post it there just to be certain it's impossible.

didamangi

Nope. I think I'll just try Tom's Hardware or something. I don't see a solution to my problem (I've tried everything I can think of) but I think I'll just post it there just to be certain it's impossible.

Is DSR turn on in your nvidia control panel? Might not do anything but try disabling it. Also try using hdmi cable if you have one lying around. Since there's seem to be no previous example for this problem in the net, anything related is worth a try.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Bloodsports.TV -- MB-95EB4984D1CA0D0B - Taken by didamangi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom