• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone played Lego World yet? A friend of mine who is semi minecraft player bought and tells me that it is boring...

Yeah, I got it and play for about 2 hours. It's an early access game, so it's got a long way to go. What is there now is ok to run around and play for about 30 mins or so, but there isn't really a whole lot to do yet. Exploring is only so fun. It also doesn't run super well with the graphical options turned up, but again, it's really early access and optimization will come in time.

There is no need to run out and get it, unless there is going to be a price hike. But if you want to save yourself $15, wait a bit till they add more stuff to it.

MUnited83

For you.
I would imagine any game being sold for 19 cents is a price mistake. Except for Bad Rats, they seem to do it on purpose.

They might not even be making anything, due to payment processing fees.

They will make a pretty penny on steam trading cards. Main reason there's a 96%off game almost every week. It's not a mistake.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would that delete everything, including personal files and my steam games?

Only if they're on the same drive as your Windows installation. If you haven't already set aside a partition specifically for Windows, then there's no time like the present. It'll save you a lot of time going forward.

So, I just spent a while looking through the reviews for Hatred.

Everyone that gave it thumbs up either did so to make a statement about "SJWs" or goes on to talk about how they want to massacre their school.

It's just filth.

MaxiLive

Boo Hatred, Yay Lego!!!! Everyone should be talking about that instead :D

I've only given it a quick go but it already has a lot of charm and style to it. The game itself is still rather early access with a a few graphics issues, odd camera movements and not much in terms of structure. But if you want a Lego sandbox game then here it is!

I hope they can add a survival type mode later down the line as well as multiplayer.

Tizoc

There's still a few issues with Wolf2009 available in press stores around here...
If you're willing to cover shipping costs (tbh, I have no idea how large they'd be), I could get the game for you.
(Or alternatively, buy the magazine and upload the DVD content to your server space).

I have a UK address if you could send to it. Just let me know the total shipping costs, etc. and I'll paypal you the charges.

Derp

Is DSR turn on in your nvidia control panel? Might not do anything but try disabling it. Also try using hdmi cable if you have one lying around. Since there's seem to be no previous example for this problem in the net, anything related is worth a try.
Yup, DSR is off. Also tried with a HDMI cable and it's all the same. I seem to be the only dude on the internet that's having this problem. Dammit. :(

didamangi

Yup, DSR is off. Also tried with a HDMI cable and it's all the same. I seem to be the only dude on the internet that's having this problem. Dammit. :(

Have you tried creating other custom resolutions? Maybe one of em will stick. The problem might be your monitor itself.

Sölf

So, Mystery cards, eh? Have to put my ~2€ to good use to craft as many as possible and sell them while they are still hot.

So after finally getting around to Dark Forces of that Star Wars Humble Bundle from not too long ago, I've come to the conclusion that it's just Doom in the Star Wars universe. Not a bad thing at all as it's pretty fun. Im actually surprised at the cutscenes and how long they ran considering it's a dos game. I might pick up the rest of the series during the sale just to get through them.

Anteater

One of my favorites.

Underappreciated as fuck. Getting used to the controls was hard but very rewarding, I should replay it some day.

yeah I quite like the game so far especially the controls are pretty good, I remember swinging around the cave and a flying mech appeared while I was still in mid air, and I grappled it by mistake and did a drop kick at it accidentally and continued to keep swinging my way back onto the ledge, it was great.

Dr Dogg

Derp what monitor do you have? When you go to select your resolution in NVCP does the header of the list state 'PC' or 'Ultra HD, HD, SD'? Have you checked that the 'Scale on GPU' and 'to aspect ratio' toggles have actually engaged (happens to me on a couple of monitors where after hitting apply they don't register)? Have you tried using a custom utility like Toasty X's CRU or a bordless window utility like SRWE?

zkylon

zkylewd
in two hours im gonna try and get the ppl im freelancing for (who are pretty much screwing me over) to pay me something so i can buy my stupid videocard

wish me luck

fantomena

Buying games just because you haven't bought any in a while? You said you were done collecting. ;)

There is some games I want to buy which I actually will play right away such as Dirt Rally, but I have some games already installed I want to uninstall, but to uninstall them I need to finish them. ;)

Derp

Have you tried creating other custom resolutions? Maybe one of em will stick. The problem might be your monitor itself.
They all seem to have the same problem actually. Just decided to try 1620p as a custom res, same issue. Tried really lower ones (like 960x540), same issue, except in some of the lower ones it would scale the width fine but not the height (there would be thick black bars at the top... Which doesn't make sense because since they're 16:9 shouldn't they cover the entire screen if they were to scale properly?).

I think I'm done trying haha. I may just either settle for 1080p 60 fps or 1440p locked at 30 fps... Need to decide which is better. I normally wouldn't go to this extent, however I just think a higher resolution does so much for the IQ in this game compared to what it does for other games, so this is an exception.

Thank you guys for trying to help though, I seriously appreciate it a lot.

dex3108

in two hours im gonna try and get the ppl im freelancing for (who are pretty much screwing me over) to pay me something so i can buy my stupid videocard

wish me luck

Just record some Trevor lines from GTA V and play them over the phone :D

Good Luck.

Derp

Derp what monitor do you have? When you go to select your resolution in NVCP does the header of the list state 'PC' or 'Ultra HD, HD, SD'? Have you checked that the 'Scale on GPU' and 'to aspect ratio' toggles have actually engaged (happens to me on a couple of monitors where after hitting apply they don't register)? Have you tried using a custom utility like Toasty X's CRU or a bordless window utility like SRWE?
Samsung U28D590D. The header above the 4k resolution is "PC" rather than "Ultra HD, HD, SD". I've checked to make sure the scaling on GPU and aspect ratio option actually get engaged and they do, I'm also sure of this because if I try doing this at non-custom resolutions it actually applies and doesn't revert back, but when I do it at a custom resolution like 1800p it reverts back after hitting apply (like it does this pixelated flicker, doesn't change anything, then flickers again and then reverts the settings back). Haven't tried any custom programs yet, (borderless window won't work since the black bars also exist on the desktop, not just in game), but I've never heard of Toasty X's CRU so I may give that a try.

Dr Dogg

Samsung U28D590D. The header above the 4k resolution is "PC" rather than "Ultra HD, HD, SD". I've checked to make sure the scaling on GPU and aspect ratio option actually get engaged and they do, I'm also sure of this because if I try doing this at non-custom resolutions it actually applies and doesn't revert back, but when I do it at a custom resolution like 1800p it reverts back after hitting apply (like it does this pixelated flicker, doesn't change anything, then flickers again and then reverts the settings back). Haven't tried any custom programs yet, (borderless window won't work since the black bars also exist on the desktop, not just in game), but I've never heard of Toasty X's CRU so I may give that a try.

Ohhhhhhh I almost bought one of them but heard it had some signal related issues (well that and Samsung's naff stand as per usual). Though that was a driver issue and not the panel itself apparently.

Yeah CRU is basically the more feature rich way of adding custom resolutions and adjusting your monitor properties. Here's a link, and hopefully a not too confusing guide to get started. http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

I triggered a bug in Witcher 3 resulting a female character to be nude.

In the Gwent Tournament,
after you defeat the last opponent you need to follow Sasha into a warehouse, you'll fight some people here. Well, as entered she was dressed like usually, as soon as I defeated all enemies she was totally nude.
Lol.

You sure you weren't playing strip gwent? ;)

Dr Dogg

Sadly loads of the bugs have been patched out of Star Trek. I loved the giant characters glitch. You can still clip through characters though to create some freak combos.
2CF3B93E34A29EE67479117A3B3371B19C186483

Milamber

I triggered a bug in Witcher 3 resulting a female character to be nude.

In the Gwent Tournament,
after you defeat the last opponent you need to follow Sasha into a warehouse, you'll fight some people here. Well, as entered she was dressed like usually, as soon as I defeated all enemies she was totally nude.
Lol.

Any man that beats her in Gwent and takes down several men will make any woman sploosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom