• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm on the road and can't watch the stream now, so Doom 4 is great?
double jump
walking was slow
seems like circle strafing is there somehow but there were lots of corridors in the trailer
health packs and shields
guns looked lame
enemies looked lame
ppl at the event were freaking out because violence is cool i guess

imo looked super uninspired

Buraindo

this year of everyone praising fallout 4 is gonna be torture for me lol

Yeah I hear you.

Dishonored wasn't anything like what people told me. Finished it only because I bought it and will probably never touch it again. Game had potential so maybe the sequel will deliver.

Turfster

What the hell is up with all these people finding that shit "fast"?
That wasn't fucking fast. That was slow-ass "4 enemies because controllers suck for shooters" with slowdowns for weapon switches and gory animations that took forever to finish.
Go back to Doom 1, that was fast and fun.

derExperte

What the hell is up with all these people finding that shit "fast"?
That wasn't fucking fast. That was slow-ass "4 enemies because controllers suck for shooters" with slowdowns for weapon switches and gory animations that took forever to finish.
Go back to Doom 1, that was fast and fun.

Some GAFers called Destiny's shootouts exciting and fast.

zkylon

zkylewd
Doom looks good, but the gameplay seems boring. Bulletstorm was better.

Multiplayer looks decent, though.

this

bullestorm was corridor-y but it did something with gameplay

doom looked like super lame imo, just regular shooting zombies with super restricted 2015 level design

zkylon

zkylewd
i'll never stop finding people clapping to violence super disturbing

like you can enjoy it, but euphorically breaking into applause is like ugh

Ozium

Doom 4: shoot at one of two enemies on screen until they change color. run up and hit a button to FINISH THEM, repeat..

garbage

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem for me is that this seems to not grab the best thing about doom to me which was the level design

it just looks like it'll be scripted modern corridor section into arena into scripted modern corridor section etc

i don't like shooters much but hard not to appreciate how amazingly insane doom's level design was

to make a new game without that and try to pass it as "classic doom" is kind of missing it entirely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom