• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

hope if you make intelligence very low when you customize your character, the VA is all grunts

Everything is forgiven if that happens.

Not the animations though. Nothing can forgive those.

Skill checks don't gel with their 4-choice chat system or their current combat system. I'd make my peace now, zkylon. Fallout's done being an RPG.

Crap.

I forgot about skill checks.

If they don't implement them I swear....

Parsnip

I'm excited for Fallout, everything else kind of eeeh. Never been a big Doom guy and still haven't touched Dishonored.

oh man who didn't see the creation engine coming?
That dex guy who posts in the thread was pretty adamant that it's idtech6 after the trailer. lol

Everyone else saw that it's gamebryo/creation engine again.

Shadownet

Banned
360fx360f
I just got this. Only worth roughly $3 though.

Jawmuncher

I love starting E3 with a mediocre conference. Doom took to much damn time. I legit got bored of it half way through the demo. Dishonored 2 was just CG and oh thanks a Definitive Edition. All the smaller announcements were so sad don't know why they bothered. Fallout really didn't need its own conference.

v1F1hk3.png

I love starting E3 with a mediocre conference. Doom took to much damn time. I legit got bored of it half way through the demo. Dishonored 2 was just CG and oh thanks a Definitive Edition. All the smaller announcements were so sad don't know why they bothered. Fallout really didn't need its own conference.

v1F1hk3.png

yes it does, shut your whore mouth jaw. :mad: besides the shit mass effect style dialogue the game is godly. also i do agree doom lasted a bit too long.

Phawx

It's rather telling that almost every single reply to Bethesda's announcement tweet for Fallout Shelter was expressing disappointment at no Android release. Developers would do well to stop treating Android users like second-class citizens and provide same-day editions of Android apps along with the iOS versions. If a version is coming at all, they didn't do a good job of communicating that.

Sorry, I read it on the Verge:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/14/8780115/fallout-shelter-bethesda-mobile-game

was going to link it to you and they recently issued a correction. :/

Correction, 11:30 p.m. An earlier version of this post incorrectly reported the game would be available on Android as well as iOS.

Still I reached out to Bethesda to see what they say.

Anteater

I thought Fallout 4 looked fine, but there is still a disconnect with the combat. The AI, the hit detection, the impact. It looked like you were loading bullets into enemies that just absorbed them like a sponge. It was also bad in Doom.

yeah doom doesn't look too hot, it looks sorta like serious sam, I'm sure morningbus would be pleased, but I'm pretty cautiously optimistic

dex3108

I'm excited for Fallout, everything else kind of eeeh. Never been a big Doom guy and still haven't touched Dishonored.

That dex guy who posts in the thread was pretty adamant that it's idtech6 after the trailer. lol

I thought it was idtech 5 not 6 :p

such a thin line to walk tho. I wasnt feeling the VA at all and humor is hard

just not needed really. weird decision

If they're going voiced, I'd just hope there's more than one voice option per gender. Plus some slight modulation. It would add a lot, especially when replaying the game and going through the motions.

Jawmuncher

yes it does, shut your whore mouth jaw. :mad: besides the shit mass effect style dialogue the game is godly. also i do agree doom lasted a bit too long.

Keep telling yourself that. Why they decided to announce it early is beyond me. Had the reveal been at this conference I would have agreed.

Anteater

I used to love watching him degenerate throughout the week during his all-day E3 interview broadcasts. Not because I wished harm or anything on him, but because it was kind of awe-inspiring to see the guy keep himself awake and alive while non-stop bullshitting with media trained drones.

i remember he was just kind of spacing out and people on gaf was making fun of him, gotta admit the dude really puts in the effort at whatever he's doing.

v1F1hk3.png

I also think Farcry 5, Division, casual games, Watch Dogs 2 also do not need an own conference. They will show of some of the games at the MS or Sony conference again.

Same with EA games. New Battlefield, Mass Effect, Star Wars. Doesnt really need an own conference I think.

zkylon

zkylewd
doom was really really bad. looked boring, uninspired, nothing about it made you go "this looks interesting". terrible

tf2 game was super forgettable and tbh beth didn't seem much interested in showing it either

dishonored looked super promising but it's cg so you never know. spiderman power, playing as emily and the promise of keeping the creativity is all super encouraging

fallout ftl looked adorable and good to know it'll be on android someday. good to know it has like a non-stupid business model

fallout 4 looked dumb as fuck and full of all the shit i don't care about. voiced protagonist, new, even more contrived way to do character creation, fucking minecraft tower defense crap, jetpacks, minigames, ZILLIONS OF GUNS. nothing of that interests me in the slightest and while i never expected beth to make a good fallout game, still hurts to see a series you love turned into something so grotesque. i'm guessing it'll be fun, shooting won't be total shit and since most of what they showed today is completely optional it's not that bad, but it won't be for me whatsoever

rpgs were a mistake

Skill checks don't gel with their 4-choice chat system or their current combat system. I'd make my peace now, zkylon. Fallout's done being an RPG.
yup

world is cruel for the passionate

Jawmuncher

I also think Farcry 5, Division, casual games, Watch Dogs 2 also do not need an own conference. They will show of some of the games at the MS or Sony conference again.

Same with EA games. New Battlefield, Mass Effect, Star Wars. Doesnt really need an own conference I think.

I do agree about repeats. Nothing worse than Sony or MS showing a game and then seeing it again on the 3rd party conferences. Then again the 3rd party stuff is always ranked lowest every single E3.

doom was really really bad. looked boring, uninspired, nothing about it made you go "this looks interesting". terrible

tf2 game was super forgettable and tbh beth didn't seem much interested in showing it either

dishonored looked super promising but it's cg so you never know. spiderman power, playing as emily and the promise of keeping the creativity is all super encouraging

fallout ftl looked adorable and good to know it'll be on android someday. good to know it has like a non-stupid business model

fallout 4 looked dumb as fuck and full of all the shit i don't care about. voiced protagonist, new, even more contrived way to do character creation, fucking minecraft tower defense crap, jetpacks, minigames, ZILLIONS OF GUNS. nothing of that interests me in the slightest and while i never expected beth to make a good fallout game, still hurts to see a series you love turned into something so grotesque. i'm guessing it'll be fun, shooting won't be total shit and since most of what they showed today is completely optional it's not that bad, but it won't be for me whatsoever

rpgs were a mistake

It's like we watched it together. I agree I got bored of Doom pretty quick just watching it. DH2 looked cool conceptually but CG only does nothing for me. The iOS game was the coolest looking thing for me. F4 the only thing I liked was the voices dialog and dialog box. Never played more than 3 so i can't say much else on it.

Buraindo

Could've been better true, but at least now Fallout 4 went from no buy to discounted GOTY edition buy for me. Didn't really care for Doom all that much and I'll be caring more about Dishonored 2 when I'll actually see something that resembles game footage.

I do agree about repeats. Nothing worse than Sony or MS showing a game and then seeing it again on the 3rd party conferences. Then again the 3rd party stuff is always ranked lowest every single E3.

The problem is that during the Sony/MS show they always show some boring ass scripted trailer and everyone goes "Whoooah".
Then during their own conferences they show a scripted fake gameplay sequence (Ubisoft) and at least at EA usually normal gameplay.

I am betting that at the EA conference they just put like 16 PCs on the stage and show Battlefront like that with some commentator commenting on what we see.

rpgs were a mistake

yup

world is cruel for the passionate

doom looked ok, the grabbing is kind of a cool gimmick. i like that they kept it old school and not COD style shooting. calling it doom only is weird though. did they show any quake related stuff? they had the logo in the end but i do not think there was anything related to it.

The problem is that during the Sony/MS show they always show some boring ass scripted trailer and everyone goes "Whoooah".

Then during their own conferences they show a scripted fake gameplay sequence (Ubisoft) and at least at EA usually normal gameplay.

I hope there's another The Division CG multiplayer gameplay session. Again. Those are always so fun to watch.

doom looked ok, the grabbing is kind of a cool gimmick. i like that they kept it old school and not COD style shooting. calling it doom only is weird though. did they show any quake related stuff? they had the logo in the end but i do not think there was anything related to it.

Doom looked worse than OK, it looked generic.

lmfaoo no way, he must have knew deep down it would just be that gamebr-- i mean creation engine, they're "new" engine

MUnited83

For you.

Actually they do. If they didn't have their own conferences they would just be a even bigger filler in MS/Sony conferences. No thanks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

They also had a Wolf logo in the end and didn't show anything related. I think it's just a list of IPs they consider part of their active stable.

zkylon

zkylewd

they showed like a couple arenas in which you shot zombies in with pretty lame looking guns

sometimes when shooting zombies an animation would play out

in 10 minutes of demo the same animations played over and over again

there was some audiolog stuff at one point

and some mentions of little big doom map editor

it was super duper boring and lame imo, nothing about it really made me go like DATS COOL like say the crazy walls in the dishonored trailer

Jawmuncher

Dishonored needs work put in for me to enjoy it. I liked the setting but I didn't feel the stealth gameplay and the story elements didn't grab me either. There was just enough to get me through to beat it and nothing more.

The concept of the CG has me interested. But it's CG so screw it.

It's wrong to say Doom looked bad. It looks competent, well designed and everything, but where is the connect? Where is the umpf? It's a weird thing to say, but I felt the same sort of passiveness going through Wolfenstein The Old Blood (3 hours into it). It's fine.

But we keep going back to the same thing: dumb enemies, make for a unchallenging experience. A predictable experience. If you took the context sensitivity execution kills out of that Doom demo, there is little left.

ID are legendary, but there was nothing progressive about Doom. It's not wrong to go back to basics, but I remember when everyone shit their pants when Quake 2 came out. "dude... the enemies they sometimes wake up from when you think you killed them attack you from behind. always watch your back!"

We're talking about fucking demons here. Why would they just fuck shit up? I feel like they just made a random Arena of clueless demons who got descarted in robot wheels and started their own fandom exhibition to try and get demon cosplaying chicks. Shit is gross.
And Rage looked the same. But at least Rage looked like Mad Max in its visual identity. It had outstanding art. I don't know what Doom is. It looks like it has no personality, charm or wit. It's well build, well crafted, but it looks like it was made by programmers with nothing to say. They literally have nothing to say besides: "Look guys! We made Doom many years ago!".

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
You want Android/iOS parity? Get Android's piracy rate below 90%. Also get users and networks to adopt the latest versions quicker.

That's not really relevant for a game that is entirely free, is it? Fragmentation is indeed a concern, but piracy doesn't count for entirely free apps/games that are designed to be a companion app to an additional experience. Which, hey, the Special Edition Pip-boy app supports Android!

Anteater

I am betting that at the EA conference they just put like 16 PCs on the stage and show Battlefront like that with some commentator commenting on what we see.

dem fucking graphics doe

EA really aren't that much different, they just have atheletes talk about their sport games or whatever and they show nothing but cgi, EA and Ubi conferences are by far the worst shit, not only they have their own boring conference they show off their premade videos in MS/Sony conferences too or whoever they have a marketing deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom