• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final TOB boss fight is just more bullshit like in TNO, only worse.
You're stuck on a very small field with lots of nooks and crannies to get stuck on when strafing, with endless waves of enemies popping up, and then after a while the floor is on fire too.
And yes, I know you can sort of let the endboss take care of the (first waves of) enemies.
There is no art to this.
Use stealth, the boss is
blind
and will focus on the very loud enemies especially if you use grenades to move his attention. Attack while he is distracted. I played on the hardest difficulty and beat it within 2 or 3 tries.

Turfster

Use stealth, the boss is
blind
and will focus on the very loud enemies especially if you use grenades to move his attention. Attack while he is distracted. I played on the hardest difficulty and beat it within 2 or 3 tries.
Yeah, I got him.
The fucking demon nazis in the third section are bullshit, though. They're sprinters, and only start screaming when they're hitting you, which earns you a boss-slap =p

Anteater

I don't know why her opinions are such a big deal, maybe you don't agree with her or whatever but it's not like it's that different than anyone here complaining about shit on gaf, she's offering a different perspective and I think that's fine, it's like people talking about "Nathan Drake is a mass murderer and kratos in GoW is a fucking dick" on gaf.

zkylon

zkylewd
We are talking about a shooter/RPG hybrid and an egoshooter. I mean there are still so many other games that arent about violence. Open steam, check all Puzzle platformers. I mean there is something for everyone.

Or play some VNs or otome games?
i made an edit on this on my post, but yeah, it's stupid to say that about doom

doom is a violent game and that's fine

but i don't think making it even more violent is necessary or good

The violence was about all doom had going for it though.

no way

doom had ground breaking level design and tech, as well as a very deliberate and insane "direction" or what you want to call it, which included the violence, the music, the "satanic imagery", etc.

I get her point. Some of the stuff in the Doom gameplay was just super ridiculous and violent for the sake of being violent. It got old really quickly.

As for the second tweet, I think her later tweet gives some context. She's talking about how the video game industry focuses so much on violence. In Fallout's case, they showed off the weapons and stuff, but not really any of the RPG aspects.

It's weird how so many people seem to overreact over a couple of tweets (which is ironic given the supposed "outrage culture" that many seem to complain about).
it's not weird, even if she does have a point it's 100% her fault for making baity tweets like those

she has a youtube channel, use that to discuss these things

don't make inflammatory remarks singling out beloved game series in 140 characters

Re-post the giveaway for those who missed it because of E3 hype.
Click here for beautiful redhead

wtf

dex3108

I get her point. Some of the stuff in the Doom gameplay was just super ridiculous and violent for the sake of being violent. It got old really quickly.

As for the second tweet, I think her later tweet gives some context. She's talking about how the video game industry focuses so much on violence. In Fallout's case, they showed off the weapons and stuff, but not really any of the RPG aspects.

Doom is definition of violent games and it was for years that kind of game. Why would they change it now?

And I don't know what she was watching but we saw character creation, interaction and other thing beside combat in Fallout presentation. I would dare to say that we got way more non violent things on screen than violence in Fallout presentation.

Wait, what, how, I don't even

200w.gif

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/610273457582944256

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/610286429390811136

She finally lost it.

you're just giving her what she wants, attention. Just best to ignore it, and let her ramble on about everything.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
She was also rambling about D2 protagonists not being female only.

A bit sad that #Dishonored2 didn’t make the leap to an exclusively female lead but really pleased they're using Emily in marketing! #BE3

I was expecting something more controversial, but it's really not that bad.

I have to disagree with her though, because we also have the opportunity to play as old man Corvo. There aren't enough older playable characters in videogames.

But there are still so many games out there that do not focus on violence. I mean just open Steam and browse the games available there.

Her arguments are always one-sided. I remember in one of her videos she said "just a genderswap wouldnt solve these problems." Minutes later she proposed a game idea that actually was just Skyrim/Zelda where they swapped the genders of Zelda and Link...

Kuroyume

Banned

It's weird how so many people seem to overreact over a couple of tweets (which is ironic given the supposed "outrage culture" that many seem to complain about).

It's like complaining about Mortal Kombat being too violent. Or arguing the Mario is too childish. It's just a stupid opinion. And I suppose the response has to do with people being tired of being told that things should only be the way one person sees them.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Extreme violence does detract. I had to laugh at some parts of bio infinity and last of us for its over the topness. It just took you out of the experience.

Doom is definition of violent games and it was for years that kind of game. Why would they change it now?

Eh, saying "well, it's always been like that," doesn't refute anything. And her tweet wasn't a call to change Doom, just a possible (understandable) reason why people are bored or put off by it.

CHg4nS7XAAAUKte.jpg:large

that emily amiibo doe

the fallout one :( cmon, beth. just let me buy it.

Generally I don't care about her or her opinions but lately she is talking nonsense.

like i said, just ignore it. keep scrolling or better yet, can you block people on twitter? i don't use that nonsense so I wouldn't know. if you can just block her or something. Everytime I see a thread about her I just ignore it cause its always about something dumb.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

And I don't know what she was watching but we saw character creation, interaction and other thing beside combat in Fallout presentation. I would dare to say that we got way more non violent things on screen than violence in Fallout presentation.

I mean, there's violence, and then there's whatever the hell that gameplay footage was.
There wasn't a whole lot of RPG stuff in the footage, though, which I guess is what she means by "creative and humanizing interactions".

it's not weird, even if she does have a point it's 100% her fault for making baity tweets like those

don't make inflammatory remarks singling out beloved game series in 140 characters

Yeah, it's kind of baity, but it gets the message out there and at least people are discussing it, like with the Witcher 3 race stuff.

It's like complaining about Mortal Kombat being too violent. Or arguing the Mario is too childish. It's just a stupid opinion. And I suppose the response has to do with people being tired of being told that things should only be the way one person sees them.

But when you shut someone's opinion down as "stupid", you're just doing the same thing you're accusing them of doing. It's fine if you disagree, but don't just say their opinion is dumb.

I was expecting something more controversial, but it's really not that bad.

I have to disagree with her though, because we also have the opportunity to play as old man Corvo. There aren't enough older playable characters in videogames.
Only the wording made it sound ok, she's supposed to be the equal right promoter in gaming, what she said is unacceptable.

Bigby

From Bethblog:

Our #BE3 Showcase was all about games, but Pete Hines also delivered the first information on the new home for all-things Bethesda on the net, and it’s appropriately-titled, Bethesda.net!

Stay tuned in the coming months for more details on the site, which will be the home of featured content you’ve come to expect here on Bethesda Blog, revamped community forums, and powerful tools for sharing game stats and content.

Eh, saying "well, it's always been like that," doesn't refute anything. And her tweet wasn't a call to change Doom, just a possible (understandable) reason why people are bored or put off by it.

But what does she want then? I do not understand it.

Like I said. If she does not like such games, there are so many alternatives.
If she does not want Doom to change, then do not complain.
If she wants Doom to change, then just say it.

If she says the industry is too much focused on violence, that is a bad argument though, because evidence (hundreds of games that arent) shows that this isnt the case. If she says the most popular games are too much focused on Violence, that also isnt really true, since somehow Nintendo games are still really popular.

So I do not get what she wants or I just do not agree with her argument.

Uzzy

A new Dishonoured game, and Bethesda still can't spell it right. Rookie mistake I guess, though to be fair Firaxis still haven't spelled Civilisation right and they've had nine of those.

I should clarify that by "really sharp" writing in Sunless Sea, I actually mean "pretty much the best in the gaming industry." The sheer artistry put into it is amazing; Failbetter are writing gods.

Buy Sunless Sea.

dex3108

But those are modern settings games.. and we already have Deus Ex for first person stealth.
Well, there goes my hope then.

I think that Dishonored would feel awkward in third person. Not to mention that they would need to do way more things for "optional" feature.

Amzin

I'm psyched enough for FO4 to make up for you other haters.

Also pretty excited about DO2, really enjoyed the first.

I could never get into Doom 3 so meh on Doom 4. It looks alright honestly but maybe at a discount, whereas the other two are (pre)day-1's for me.

Jawmuncher

i made an edit on this on my post, but yeah, it's stupid to say that about doom

doom is a violent game and that's fine

but i don't think making it even more violent is necessary or good

no way

doom had ground breaking level design and tech, as well as a very deliberate and insane "direction" or what you want to call it, which included the violence, the music, the "satanic imagery", etc.

wtf

I'm talking about the doom we just saw not OG doom. I love OG doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom