• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

fallout 4 looked dumb as fuck and full of all the shit i don't care about. voiced protagonist, new, even more contrived way to do character creation, fucking minecraft tower defense crap, jetpacks, minigames, ZILLIONS OF GUNS. nothing of that interests me in the slightest and while i never expected beth to make a good fallout game, still hurts to see a series you love turned into something so grotesque. i'm guessing it'll be fun, shooting won't be total shit and since most of what they showed today is completely optional it's not that bad, but it won't be for me whatsoever

rpgs were a mistake

Come on zky

You don't have to play the game the way they showed it. The great thing about those games is you can play your own style. The game is extremely sandboxed and will probably have like 200+ hours of content. Everyone who plays will have a different experience.

I hope there's another The Division CG multiplayer gameplay session. Again. Those are always so fun to watch.

"Hey guys. Be quiet. We have to take out these guys in the building. Alpha One. You go there. Omega two. Take the other entrance."
"Roger that! They won´t know whats coming!"
"Be quiet. I do not want them to hear us. Oh Shit. They saw you! Be ready!"

Actually they do. If they didn't have their own conferences they would just be a even bigger filler in MS/Sony conferences. No thanks.

I think they have enough fillers in their own conferences though. Like why would the newest Just Dance even have a spot in their conference? Or strange paintball like lastertag.

dem fucking graphics doe

EA really aren't that much different, they just have atheletes talk about their sport games or whatever and they show nothing but cgi, EA and Ubi conferences are by far the worst shit, not only they have their own boring conference they show off their premade videos in MS/Sony conferences too or whoever they have a marketing deal with.

But people still fall for these trailers. I mean we saw the Battlefront Screenshots that look heavily edited with Motion Blur and things and people still love it.

dex3108

rRgBFNL.png

Fallout Shelter will be on Android later.

zkylon

zkylewd
Come on zky

You don't have to play the game the way they showed it. The great thing about those games is you can play your own style. The game is extremely sandboxed and will probably have like 200+ hours of content. Everyone who plays will have a different experience.
i mean, that's partially true, but sure

even new vegas' trailers were pretty goofy and dumb

i'm not gonna play this game and just giving my opinion as someone that likes all the things that aren't in these trailers

zkylon is steamgaf's favorite tsundere
huh

Jawmuncher

It's wrong to say Doom looked bad. It looks competent, well designed and everything, but where is the connect? Where is the umpf? It's a weird thing to say, but I felt the same sort of passiveness going through Wolfenstein The Old Blood (3 hours into it). It's fine.

But we keep going back to the same thing: dumb enemies, make for a unchallenging experience. A predictable experience. If you took the context sensitivity execution kills out of that Doom demo, there is little left.

ID are legendary, but there was nothing progressive about Doom. It's not wrong to go back to basics, but I remember when everyone shit their pants when Quake 2 came out. "dude... the enemies they sometimes wake up from when you think you killed them attack you from behind. always watch your back!"

We're talking about fucking demons here. Why would they just fuck shit up? I feel like they just made a random Arena of clueless demons who got descarted in robot wheels and started their own fandom exhibition to try and get demon cosplaying chicks. Shit is gross.
And Rage looked the same. But at least Rage looked like Mad Max in its visual identity. It had outstanding art. I don't know what Doom is. It looks like it has no personality, charm or wit. It's well build, well crafted, but it looks like it was made by programmers with nothing to say. They literally have nothing to say besides: "Look guys! We made Doom many years ago!".

Not at all, it was looking pretty and. I got bored of the demo early on and it was looking repetitive with all the melee finishers. Was very unimpressed after the build up for it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
rRgBFNL.png

Fallout Shelter will be on Android later.

Yay, can't imagine the exclusivity window will be too long with the game coming out in less than half a year. I still kinda can't believe FO4 is hitting that close, even though it is still on the bastard Creation Engine.

Having a hard time getting hyped for Doom, though. Mapmaker is super cool, but the gunplay doesn't look like anything that Killing Floor 2 hasn't already given me or will give me in further M.E.A.T. system upgrades. Impress me more, id.

zkylon

zkylewd
actually what really got me going about the disho2 trailer was the crazy mansion with the wall traps and everything

kind of reminded me of the crazy mansion in thief 1, which is one of my favorite areas in any videogame ever

i'd love it if disho2 had some weird missions like that

not sure about two protagonists, it has potential to be good but also i feel like splitting things up like that maybe makes each character a bit shallower for it

we'll see, the way they make it sound is that both characters will be pretty distinct and since you can't switch mid-way i'm guessing they'll both get like a full game treatement

i hope

i don't know, milamber could probably explain
-__-

Yes, killer bots looked freaky cool.
they looked like that robot guy from star wars 3 or something

pretty cool

battlecry looked so bad. Like I felt bad for the team that got stuck working on that. I see that being dead within a year of release.

Isn't that why developers make those sorts of games? I mean seriously, how many of them truly believe it'll take off?

Of course, I ask this at a time when devs such as Starbreeze are doing something a thousand times more insane.

actually what really got me going about the disho2 trailer was the crazy mansion with the wall traps and everything

kind of reminded me of the crazy mansion in thief 1, which is one of my favorite areas in any videogame ever

i'd love it if disho2 had some weird missions like that

I'm afraid sequences like that won't be as cool when done all in first person (probably as a scripted sequence).

Turfster

maaan what's the last game you like turf

The final TOB boss fight is just more bullshit like in TNO, only worse.
You're stuck on a very small field with lots of nooks and crannies to get stuck on when strafing, with endless waves of enemies popping up, and then after a while the floor is on fire too.
And yes, I know you can sort of let the endboss take care of the (first waves of) enemies.
There is no art to this.

Jeff Gerstmann is going to make a DOOM Snapkit dating sim and no one will stop him.

The final TOB boss fight is just more bullshit like in TNO, only worse.
You're stuck on a very small field with lots of nooks and crannies to get stuck on when strafing, with endless waves of enemies popping up, and then after a while the floor is on fire too.
There is no art to this.

Nothing will top thi4f. By the gods, I don't know how thi4f managed such a bad final boss.

Base building in Fallout? It absolutely needs it.

it's not the base building, that I can dig. It's the "scrap / punch this item so it magically turns into materials" minecraft bullshit. I don't want to fucking grind, I want the base to be my reward for doing quests and what not. Something that provides the required illusion of usefulness is what I need from a game. Otherwise it's just a stupid Skinner box.

I don't understand why all greenlight crap and publishers are banking on this so hard. It's clicker bullshit, like the sale game that gives only two cards instead of three.
(and most prices seem equal or even jacked to regular sales, so this has all been somewhat disappointing for me)

I do understand how it relates to YouTube, but that basically means that nobody actually plays games anymore, they just use them as a vehicle to sell their video's. Why would I spend real money on such a product? Why would anyone?

#Grampa #yellsatcloud #etc

What is she writing. Can not access twitter right now.

This level of extreme violence shouldn’t be considered normal. It's not an excuse to say it’s expected because DOOM. That’s the problem #BE3

The #Fallout4 crafting system is cool. Imagine how much cooler it could be if it wasn’t SO focused on building stuff to kill other stuff.

Phawx

What is she writing. Can not access twitter right now.
The #Fallout4 crafting system is cool. Imagine how much cooler it could be if it wasn’t SO focused on building stuff to kill other stuff.
This level of extreme violence shouldn’t be considered normal. It's not an excuse to say it’s expected because DOOM. That’s the problem #BE3

She was also rambling about D2 protagonists not being female only.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm afraid sequences like that won't be as cool when done all in first person (probably as a scripted sequence).
i dunno, you could do some cool ass shit in disho1

i duno, i'm not a huge fan of her but i kind of agree with what she's saying at some level

the issue is never the games themselves but how the industry in general is obsessed with violence

i remember people cheering for joel blowing a guy-begging-for-his-life's head off in a last of us e3 showing

that to me isn't normal

edit: she has a really stupid way of making her points by going at individual games when she's trying to talk about bigger gaming issues as a whole. singling out games prompts the much deserved type of response of "wtf are you talking about... it's fucking doom...", which muddles the conversation for no reason whatsoever outside of her really stubborn way of making statements through twitter like this

if you're gonna talk serious shit don't do it on twitter

Id legit be losing my shit over RAGE2 tho. me and me alone.
no way

rage1 was dope

i
the issue is never the games themselves but how the industry in general is obsessed with violence

We are talking about a shooter/RPG hybrid and an egoshooter. I mean there are still so many other games that arent about violence. Open steam, check all Puzzle platformers. I mean there is something for everyone.

Or play some VNs or otome games?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

I get her point. Some of the stuff in the Doom gameplay was just super ridiculous and violent for the sake of being violent. It got old really quickly.

As for the second tweet, I think her later tweet gives some context. She's talking about how the video game industry focuses so much on violence. In Fallout's case, they showed off the weapons and stuff, but not really any of the RPG aspects.

It's weird how so many people seem to overreact over a couple of tweets (which is ironic given the supposed "outrage culture" that many seem to complain about).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom