• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

Sex is always important to a relationship.

Romantic relationships at least. There shouldn't be sex in familial or platonic relationships (well I guess that would just be a FWB, which there's not anything wrong with). Just because anime encourages you to fuck your sister, doesn't mean you should. ;)

Chariot

If you play the vanilla steam version it doesn't get lewd at all. KS is a league of its own and this doesn't really touch on those kind of subjects really aside from one route that kind of does. However I enjoyed that one route and KS so I think you would as well. However do yourself a favor and skip the plane talk. They go in depth on how gliders work and it wastes nothing but time, and makes you feel like you're in class .
I thought it was nice. Didn't know how a glider works before and it's fascinating and makes their accomlishments even more amazing.

Romantic relationships at least. There shouldn't be sex in familial or platonic relationships (well I guess that would just be a FWB, which there's not anything wrong with). Just because anime encourages you to fuck your sister, doesn't mean you should. ;)
You're talking with milamber here. Don't ask too much ornyoubwill regret.

Phawx

Are you sure that's the case? I can't imagine these holding value, and I generally see them for massively reduced price a month after release. I'm not in the collecting plastic business though, so you can educate us.

That is the correct way to look at it. Essentially this is what I do, whenever a collector's edition that I care about is announced, I preorder it on Amazon. When the release date is near, I evaluate and see if the collector's edition can still be purchased.

If not, I weigh my options and decide to hold on to it or not.

If it's still available, you cancel the preorder immediately and then wait for the inevitable massive discount.

ultimately, I look at rare collectibles the same way I look at games soon to be delisted on Steam. If I care enough and if the price now is < what the price will be in the future, I'll get it.

Jawmuncher

I thought it was nice. Didn't know how a glider works before and it's fascinating and makes their accomlishments even more amazing.

All I need to know was that it needs force to be launched and use the wind currents to rise and lower. Everything else got so in depth it was a bit crazy.

Jazz573

Well if you knew me well, you'd know I'm not much better than Milamber. Take that as you will.

Khronico

since we're already gettin weird maybe someone can explain how people seem to really really enjoy a game where you can have sex with disease ridden girls with amputated arms?

like this goes even beyond you weirdos

Having played Katawa Shoujo, I can assure you it is not what you described. The sex scenes can be disabled and it doesn't fetishize the disabled or anything like that, it's surprisingly respectful and tasteful.

Jazz573

Having played Katawa Shoujo, I can assure you it is not what you described. The sex scenes can be disabled and it doesn't fetishize the disabled or anything like that, it's surprisingly respectful and tasteful.

I see what you did there. :)

Yeah, I've never played it, but I know it is definitely not a fetishization of disable people, and as a disabled person myself I know what I'm talking about. I should point out that "Katawa" is actually a very offensive word in Japanese that basically means a cripple.

tmarg

Does anyone know of a fix for the thing New Vegas does where it won't load a save unless you are already in the game, and if I accidentally click continue instead of new game it hangs on the loading screen forever and won't even let me alt tab or alt f4 and I have to completely reset my computer?

It's kinda annoying.

Is Lisa Deluxe Edition worth getting or should I stick with the stand along game?

Also Ark of Napy is tempting me though I think I can wait 'til Winter for that.

baterism

Aye. it's about friendship, going against the establishment, fullfilling dreams against odds. The stories are not that surprising it's ablut what you expect, but they're fun and sweet. Sex is strangly important, the censored version doesn't even make sense without it.

First time I heard that about story heavy VN (which I rarely play anyway). I will get the uncensored patch then.
( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
since we're already gettin weird maybe someone can explain how people seem to really really enjoy a game where you can have sex with disease ridden girls with amputated arms?

I actually think that playing those types of visual novels helps legitimize the reasons for playing those types of games. Like, I think if you're going to construct a non-pervy rationale for playing games that heavily feature sex like these do, it would have to be around the idea that you're being exposed to different concepts or perspectives and you're playing out the ways a story can change dependent upon your actions.

If that's the case, you should want as many unique and interesting scenarios as is possible, exploring all types of relationships.

But considering the fact that many generally stick to their own sexual preferences/gender identity when choosing which visual novels to play, I don't think many actually approach it from that rationale.

Jawmuncher

Doesn't everyone deserve to be loved? That's more or less what KS really gets into.

Uzzy

I just watched the DOOM demo, and I rather wish I hadn't. Looked so slow and plodding, very disappointing.

Guess it's just Dishonoured 2 for me from Bethesda. gg guys.

Does anyone know of a fix for the thing New Vegas does where it won't load a save unless you are already in the game, and if I accidentally click continue instead of new game it hangs on the loading screen forever and won't even let me alt tab or alt f4 and I have to completely reset my computer?

It's kinda annoying.
Wow, I've never heard of that bug. What a bummer.

I don't, er, actually have any solutions, but I'm curious: any idea what's causing it?

monster girls need some love too, stop the discrimination!

dino2.jpg

Salsa

alright alright

Ace Attorney might be my favorite series of games ever period but I can't deal with these VN games. I already cringe at Trucy's magic panties.

I played that one where you love a robot AI or something

it was ok

There's a good chance you're the terrible one in this scenario.

not even kidding it felt super easy and just not rewarding in terms of feedback or something. controls were weird, didnt feel beat em up in the way I expected

just pressed a button over and over and got a shit ton of coins and something was happening idk

Annubis

I just noticed for the first time that you can install a game to your registered computer if you are away and Steam is opened on it.

Wow!

P.S. I got If My Heart Had Wings. That's one off the wishlist.

Jazz573

If you want a similar VN about gliding/flying, Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm (NSFW) by sprite, is a pretty good one, and it also has an English fan translation in the works. It also was the 1st place winner in the 2014 Moe Game Awards, so it also has that going for it.

It's kinda annoying.

Not sure if it's related but I did have the infinite loading bug and there was a mod on nexus that fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom