• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Not really Steam related...

zQjAtrq.jpg

dex3108

So i woke up at 3:30 this morning to watch Bethesda Conference, spent time on GAF, went to grocery store, made breakfast, went biking for few kilometers, done some errands and all of that before 9:30. Now i need to sit here and wait for MS conference XD Waking early sometimes is not that good XD

Deques

which game is that?

---
thinking on
LISA
Ys: Ark of Nap
(Nep)
Audiosurf 2 (why no Spotify support :(

--
any of you do gamestreaming or has everyone converted to Steam Broadcast or something

I would say that Audiosurf needs the actual non-encrypted files to play the music. Spotify files are encrypted.

I have tried Steam Broadcast a few times. My brother wanted me to play some games to see how they were. It worked well

yea I know but oh well
a man can dream :/

KKBox would be nice too - imagine playing GEM's music while playing

Would be nice to listen to GEM's music while playing Audiosurf :)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If anyone is interested, Todd Howard refereed to a game called Progress Quest for the Fallout Shelter mobile game. It's a game worth checking out as this isn't the first title it's influenced, and it's well known by a number of developers out there. Also free.
http://progressquest.com/

One other title it also influenced is Steam's current clicker Monster Game. Which I just checked into after being away all day and I'm amazed to see it at level 7300. It's an odd thing to watch as without me doing anything every non-boss level takes 3 to 6 seconds, while the boss seems to stall out for a good 30 to 50 seconds, only to unfreeze and suddenly it's two levels later.

Have there ever been any animated Super Sentai or similar shows?

There is always Gatchaman aka Battle of the Planets aka G-Force. Not a Toei show, but it was one of those "masterpiece" titles that helped affect everything that came later and established most everything done in Sentai/Power Rangers.
Enough so that Toei made a live action homage to it named Jetman in 1991.

Toei does have a magical girl series equivalent as well called Pre-Cure. Like Sentai, colours, teams, all that. I don't know much about it beyond that and it's rather well liked by those that do watch it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I am still left unsure about this new DOOM. I just can't help but think it reminded me too much of Killing Floor for some of that multiplayer, and I'm not a fan of the idea of shoot-stun-instant kill aspect of it.

I'll still buy it during a Steam Sale.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spirited, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spirited, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pillars of Eternity Hero Edition -- MB-95D661D27CAF209C - Taken by Kuroyume. 56 entrants total.

t1434358189z1.png

I wonder how long before you can buy physical goods through Steam, like the Pip-Boy Edition for example.

They've obviously got some sort of infrastructure for it with the Steam Machine stuff, so it seems like it'd be pretty easy to do.

It'd also be a nice way to get collector goodies even if a physical PC copy isn't published. Like how there's no Collector's Edition for MGSV on PC. Get the digital copy of the game, and get shipped all the toys sans a physical copy of the game.

baterism

SteamSpy told me that VC is on 414k sold. And I still have one copy in my inventory.
If VC hit 500k this sale, do you think Sega will notice it?

Shenmue HD will be nice Sega. And Seaman looked interesting.

Uzzy

More excited for the indie/small scale stuff really. The MS/Sony/EA conferences just get dominated by the triple-a bullshit of broken promises and faked gameplay footage.

Hopefully the PC conference will be interesting. Though even that has Phil Spencer there to make more broken promises up.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
New dailies and flash pop up on Steam thirty minutes into the conference so we can laugh at how bad the deals are too.

I haven't been paying attention since I'll have no money for the entire duration of the sale! So glad the deals are poopy so far. ;P The conferences will provide some good entertainment though.

Lain

Finally IndieRoyale coughed up my Always The Same Blue Sky... Steam key. I thought I wouldn't have gotten it anymore at this point.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'll probably just buy it for my Saturn either way since their retro stuff isn't that well handled accuracy-wise.
I have a Saturn for such things, but I'd need to get a framemeister before I start those adventures and that's something I don't want to jump into quite yet.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
is G.U an sequel to the first .hack games or a completely new story?

It's a sequel to .hack//Roots it has some references to the characters in the original series though.

I have a Saturn for such things, but I'd need to get a framemeister before I start those adventures and that's something I don't want to jump into quite yet.

I'm actually going to get one of those in about a week or two! I was going to get one earlier in the month but I've had bad luck with temp jobs.

tmarg

I wonder how long before you can buy physical goods through Steam, like the Pip-Boy Edition for example.

They've obviously got some sort of infrastructure for it with the Steam Machine stuff, so it seems like it'd be pretty easy to do.

It'd also be a nice way to get collector goodies even if a physical PC copy isn't published. Like how there's no Collector's Edition for MGSV on PC. Get the digital copy of the game, and get shipped all the toys sans a physical copy of the game.

Physical goods means warehouses and distribution centers, which means sales tax in more states. That could easily hurt their digital sales, which are always going to be more important to them.

Chariot

I don't hate the second game like some do, but the first one is overall better. A new game for PC and current-gen could use the virtues of both. Just imagine big maos, but with mulitple in one battle where you have to juggle multiple objectives at once and directly and indirectly influence all fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom