• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Goodmorning GAF.

I was so excited about the eventual Final Fantasy VII remake last night that I could hardly sleep. It's going to be a long wait.

I was thinking back how last year I made a post called Square Enix: Where is our Final Fantasy VII remake? and got a chuckle thinking that maybe that was written about the time that they pulled together a team to start working on the game. Hell, maybe someone at SE even read my argument and thought to themselves "yeah, we're leaving money on the table." Or maybe it was a huge coincidence.

I encountered quite a bit of negativity for that post - everything from "It's never going to happen, let it go" to "I wish people would stop bitching about a remake of this game". I never lost faith though, and here we are.

Im happy about the remake and feel happy for you. What a wonderful day it is.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Im happy about the remake and feel happy for you. What a wonderful day it is.

Indeed it is! I've gotten a bit more patient in my old age - I can wait. Knowing that it's coming eventually is all I need. I replayed 7 when it came to Steam, and it's something I usually play every 3-4 years anyway so I'll be ready for it when it releases.

I probably watched that teaser like 100 times last night. I watched the announcement live and my kids thought something was wrong with me because I was tearing up when that music hit.

I'm still on cloud nine, and probably will be for the rest of the week. I even emailed my friend about the FF7 remake - he had just started the Steam version a week ago.

He lost his shit when he saw the trailer.

I can't even think about what will be at the S-E conference.

One hour till Nintendo, two hours till SE.

SE's "hype trailer" was actually pretty good. Just Cause 3, FF15, Type-0, Mad Max, Deus Ex. Gonna be a real good show I think.

Sadly PC show is again super late. 2am.

Turfster

Drew and the Floating Labyrinth keys now available for Groupees BAGB16
Undeads keys now available for Groupees BAGB25
Luna's Wandering Star keys now available for IndieGala GL3

It took almost a year but one of the buy orders I put in for Bad Rats trading cards has happened. I like how the receipt is broken down into:
Subtotal
Bad Rats fee
Steam transaction fee

The way it says Bad Rats fee just cracks me up.
I've now paid something for Bad Rats

I'm still on cloud nine, and probably will be for the rest of the week. I even emailed my friend about the FF7 remake - he had just started the Steam version a week ago.

He lost his shit when he saw the trailer.

I can't even think about what will be at the S-E conference.

what a time to be alive

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh i'm still in disbelief of ff7 remake actually happening

i'm like, how are they gonna make a game this huge in like hd graphics and all that shit

the budget sounds immense, it's not like it's all random outdoors like xenoblade or something, this is towns upon towns filled to the brim with detail and characters and shit

i wonder if they'll add new stuff, i kinda hope they do, and they update the minigames too

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did you turn to your wife and be like "Honey, we made it."

No she was on Facebook and just looked over at me with that look that says "I know you're buying this game when it comes out, and I know I'm going to have to give you like 100 hours to play through it in the first week."

Lain

A while ago, I would have said cards, but I don't even get those anymore =/

It looks like that if you want cards, you have to forego levels, because you've got create games and kill the first boss etc etc until the random interval timer decides that those acts can give you your card.
I've left the game going all night and all day with the script, 0 cards dropped.

WTF Megadolon Shark Card for GTA V is worth more than the game itself ( around $80 here in my area), I don't understand how there is people buying this crap.

Shadownet

Banned
No she was on Facebook and just looked over at me with that look that says "I know you're buying this game when it comes out, and I know I'm going to have to give you like 100 hours to play through it in the first week."

You have a keeper, sir. :D lol I was wondering about this last night. It's a remake, but will they streamline any of the gameplay mechanic and combat system?

I wonder if it will be turn-based like the old days or real time like FFXV will be.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Post pictures of delicious veggies. I'll subscribe.
------------------------------
So is anyone going to stop me from getting H1Z1?

H1Z1 is buggy and is a paid "beta" F2P, don't make the same mistake I did.

Also IIRC they put one of the gamemodes under a paywall.

Lain

So, apparently I have now Twitter.
Thanks lashman for pursuing me to make one o/
No clue what to do with it though. I am so antisocial.

Follow gaffers and people you like in general.
I find twitter a bit overwhelming to keep up with constantly, so I only look at it from time to time, but I use it to follow all the artists I like and some gaffers.
Oh, and to retweet hentai pictures.

Also use tweetdeck, the perfect companion for the stalker that is inside all of us.

iosefe

So many Gaffers have Twitter-accounts. Sorry for future mistakes. This UI and all confuses me heavily still.

Devs answer just like that? Oh, interesting.

some do.

another example is the Project lead at Psyonix for Rocket league, i DM'd a few questions and got some answers, etc

Shadownet

Banned
Congratulation Sarcasm on winning the PlayWay's Sim Bundle! Please add me on Steam if you haven't already.
I'm just kidding, you didn't win.
No but seriously, you did.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I didn't know that Atraveller was actually a dog.

You have no idea.

3dy9AFG.jpg

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Drew and the Floating Labyrinth -- MB-6797ECC76F12888D - Taken by Vlad

and here's some unclaimed Desura keys. They are multi-entry so you can take more than one:

ulgzbKC.png
Hare In The Hat (Desura) -- MB-B24BEEEC57D11279 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Why So Evil 2: Dystopia (Desura) -- MB-FA1459BC7E3461A2 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
BoxesWithGuns (Desura) -- MB-2C657654A29A5029
ulgzbKC.png
Cold Contract (Desura) -- MB-6B1126ECB72F0B58 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Voyage to Farland (Desura) -- MB-52F5AF0D24259E8F - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Bit Shifter (Desura) -- MB-8C7D7BAA41567623 - Taken by Darth Kupi