• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Hi SteamGAF.

After setting up MusicBee yesterday I played with the fonts, I set the font for MusicBee to Helvetica Neue because I have a lot of music with Japanese titles and the default font was messing up with Japanese characters, but for some reason, NeoGAF is using the font too(using whatfont plugin to see this). It causes bold text to look really weird. In my Chrome settings it's not using this font anywhere.

6eca9c0a8d.png

How can I fix this?

also sorry for asking all these questions all the time, lol. just not sure where to post this and since most of y'all are pretty pc literate this seems like the right place.

EDIT: Nvm, deleting the font fixed it.

Finished university so it's time for me to dive back into my enormous pile of games in my library.

Btw, am I in the right place to ask for an invite to the GAF group on Steam? (Username is 'arusling')
Congrats and just post your Steam Profile link and you'll get an invite in no time. All I get from your name is this.

Paying it forward. Does not count as a summer sale purchase.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim -- MB-4A80F18F8DB2BCFB - Taken by Rockin' Ranger

That's a good list.

Edit: Also hilarious that as soon as Axiom Verge gets a decent discount, it's probably going to sell like bonanza

If it hit $10 or so, I'd be gifting out copies like it was Christmas.
$15 still might see a few move.

Side thought: I'm surprised 66 of my friends want Firewatch at this point.

Adnor

Banned
Every time I read a Tim Willits interview about the new Quake my hopes rises.

But I just know they'll just crash and burn the moment we see real gameplay
5EsVBvb.png

wasteland 2 has become a chore to play now. At the Titan place and originally they wanted 3 containers of sludge, found it as i was exploring so np. Found a guy that wanted a sludge, gave it to him and he gave me an empty container, found a 4th sludge easily. Get to the last checkpoint and the dude told me that I broke the titan rule or whatever and now I need 6, I got 5 and I've been searching for the past 2-3 hours for a 6th. I'm not digging this, I'll try again later or tomorrow, if i still don't find it I'm just uninstalling it cause I'm getting extremely bored trying to find this dumb thing.

Phawx

Yo guys, Wizard of Legend is so good even though they only have a small demo of it.

I did a quick video of it here if you want to just scrub through it real quick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvFd32xWhAc

Alternatively, here is the link to download the demo and try it for yourself: http://bit.ly/28MeLjz

I do recommend giving the demo a quick go, it'll only be 10 minutes but it should immediately sell you on how well the game mechanics work.

It's so good.

mp1990

Banned
Finally beat Virtue Last Reward, you guys are in for a treat once this one hits Steam, and I can finally join the ZTD hype train. That said, I'm sorry to disappoint you, Grief, but after the events that take place in this game, I think it's safe to say that the enjoyment you'll take from ZTD will depend on whether you have played the former installments or not, so you probably gonna have a hard time.

also, Luna's ending :,(

wasteland 2 has become a chore to play now. At the Titan place and originally they wanted 3 containers of sludge, found it as i was exploring so np. Found a guy that wanted a sludge, gave it to him and he gave me an empty container, found a 4th sludge easily. Get to the last checkpoint and the dude told me that I broke the titan rule or whatever and now I need 6, I got 5 and I've been searching for the past 2-3 hours for a 6th. I'm not digging this, I'll try again later or tomorrow, if i still don't find it I'm just uninstalling it cause I'm getting extremely bored trying to find this dumb thing.

Is that the valley of fanatics or whatever? I just

uh

killed them all. Every last one, on both sides. Was almost satisfying.

And now that I think of it, I stopped playing a short while later.

def sim

I feel like playing something different after Korra and the first Uncharted. I think I'm going to go with Va11 Hall-A. Seems funky.

Grief.exe

It's happening

MwQvkeN.png

From my list:

mGKD4sQ.jpg

This matches quite closely with my actual list.

Finally beat Virtue Last Reward, you guys are in for a treat once this one hits Steam, and I can finally join the ZTD hype train. That said, I'm sorry to disappoint you, Grief, but after the events that take place in this game, I think it's safe to say that the enjoyment you'll take from ZTD will depend on whether you have played the former installments or not, so you probably gonna have a hard time.

also, Luna's ending :,(

I'm convinced I will just wait for the VLR Steam release.

Is that the valley of fanatics or whatever? I just

uh

killed them all. Every last one, on both sides. Was almost satisfying.

And now that I think of it, I stopped playing a short while later.
Yea thats the place, im legit about to uninstall the game, this place is really bumming me out, its such a boring section.

Lomax

There's Just Cause 3 on my list as well. But how could people still want it after the backlash it received? Review is still mixed as well as of now.

Here's my list, btw.

I put it back on my list because I loved Just Cause 2 and I heard it's still a decent improvement over that, and that performance issues aren't bad if you have a decent system. I'll probably pick it up when it hits 75% off. That's pretty much my wishlist rule, if I'd buy it at 75% off (or less) it stays on my wishlist, otherwise I just wait for the inevitable bundle. Since the primary reason to have a steam wishlist is to get reminded of sales anyway (RIP wishlist giveaways).

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Does anyone remember a 2D from-the-side-view dungeon game with a lot of physics based mechanics? I'm actually not sure if it ever came out or not, but I remember seeing it on Rock Paper Shotgun years and years ago.

I remember it had lots of dropping boulders and stone blocks on enemies, and fire that would spread between the environment and characters.

I don't think it ever had a kickstarter, and I feel like I haven't seen it since. I'll be embarrassed it's actually already on my wishlist or something. It looked a bit like Spelunky, maybe with chunkier pixel graphics.

I can't seem to google it up or find it on the Steam store, making me think it never coalesced into a real game.

Phawx

Does anyone remember a 2D from-the-side-view dungeon game with a lot of physics based mechanics? I'm actually not sure if it ever came out or not, but I remember seeing it on Rock Paper Shotgun years and years ago.

I remember it had lots of dropping boulders and stone blocks on enemies, and fire that would spread between the environment and characters.

I don't think it ever had a kickstarter, and I feel like I haven't seen it since. I'll be embarrassed it's actually already on my wishlist or something. It looked a bit like Spelunky, maybe with chunkier pixel graphics.

I can't seem to google it up or find it on the Steam store, making me think it never coalesced into a real game.

Is it Vagante: http://store.steampowered.com/app/323220/

Or Catacomb Kids: http://store.steampowered.com/app/315840/

Edit: Last I played of the games, both featured exactly what you described. Spelunkyesque and objects correctly behaving in the virtual world.

Combat was a little tighter in Vagante as it applied to classes, but catacomb kids had way more Rogueish elements. Like being able to eat bones but the bones hurt you. Or filling a vial with a fire potion and throwing it will ignite whatever it hits (naturally not water).

Edit Edit: Both are excellent games btw.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is it Vagante: http://store.steampowered.com/app/323220/

Or Catacomb Kids: http://store.steampowered.com/app/315840/

Edit: Last I played of the games, both featured exactly what you described. Spelunkyesque and objects correctly behaving in the virtual world.

Combat was a little tighter in Vagante as it applied to classes, but catacomb kids had way more Rogueish elements. Like being able to eat bones but the bones hurt you. Or filling a vial with a fire potion and throwing it will ignite whatever it hits (naturally not water).

Edit Edit: Both are excellent games btw.

Ohhh, it was definitely Catacomb Kids.

Thanks, Phawx!

And Vagante is of course already on my wishlist.

Benedict

Just found out that Xcom 2 will be released on PS4 this September. Is this been known before and I have completely missed it?
Thought it was a PC only title.

In happy though it gets released on other formats,
it will probably run better on my PS4 than on my PC.

It's happening

This matches quite closely with my actual list.

I'm sure that means... something... but I'm not quite sure what.
Thanks for sharing though!

That said, I'm sorry to disappoint you, Grief, but after the events that take place in this game, I think it's safe to say that the enjoyment you'll take from ZTD will depend on whether you have played the former installments or not, so you probably gonna have a hard time.

Not really. VLR was done in a way such that 999 wasn't required for me to enjoy it way more than I thought I should. So long as they follow the same structure with ZTD, I'm willing to bet it'll be just as enjoyable to me regardless of never having played 999 or not really remembering VLR.

Then again, there are some people who claim 999 is essential to enjoying VLR. And you must play it on DS or you cannot begin to comprehend what you've missed. Or something like that.

Just found out that Xcom 2 will be released on PS4 this September. Is this been known before and I have completely missed it?
Thought it was a PC only title.

In happy though it gets released on other formats,
it will probably run better on my PS4 than on my PC.

It's a relatively recent development. So yeah, it was known, but you're not like 6 months late to the news. :D

Honestly out of the released titles 999 is much better than VLR. ZTD we'll have to see if they get the groove going again.

999 looked interesting to me and had good buzz, but was trapped on DS, which I never really wanted to game on.

VLR was given out free to PS+ members, so I took a shot on it after some of my Soul Sacrifice buddies told me it was worth trying out. I ended up really liking it.

Looking at ZTD, something seems off to me and I'm not sure what. I watched the trailer and had some sort of disconnect with the style/content, I guess. I'll look forward to checking it out when I can get it decently discounted in a future sale. :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Speaking of the Zero Escape series--why don't people pump out Unity room escape games? Imagine a game studio that sells Room Escape games for, say, $1.99-2.99 per game and limits themselves to 1-2 months per production run. You could calibrate it to take 60-ish minutes a playthrough and advertise it as such. Seems like you'd be able to sell the 5k copies or whatever you'd need for that to be a breakeven endeavor. Build up enough of them and you'd have a good passive income. Use your title screen to cross-sell future installments or do them as DLC (I'd do them as separate apps to limit the discovery burden). You wouldn't even need to design the room, just go literally do a real life escape room and copy the puzzles verbatim. Most of the models and stuff you'd be able to do through asset packs. You wouldn't need much in the way of audio stuff.

Bunker, insane asylum, 30s detective story, zombie apocalypse, etc.

Pachimari

bro, the game has been out for 1013 days and you decided to buy it two days before a sale because you expect it won't get cheaper.
Nah, it's just one of those games that never get that steep a discount really. I could see it get a 66% sale maximum but it won't be a big difference anyway.

Speaking of the Zero Escape series--why don't people pump out Unity room escape games? Imagine a game studio that sells Room Escape games for, say, $1.99-2.99 per game and limits themselves to 1-2 months per production run. You could calibrate it to take 60-ish minutes a playthrough and advertise it as such. Seems like you'd be able to sell the 5k copies or whatever you'd need for that to be a breakeven endeavor. Build up enough of them and you'd have a good passive income. Use your title screen to cross-sell future installments or do them as DLC (I'd do them as separate apps to limit the discovery burden). You wouldn't even need to design the room, just go literally do a real life escape room and copy the puzzles verbatim. Most of the models and stuff you'd be able to do through asset packs. You wouldn't need much in the way of audio stuff.

Bunker, insane asylum, 30s detective story, zombie apocalypse, etc.

Do you mind if I shamelessly steal your idea ? :")

I'm wondering if I should buy DMC3. Haven't played it since the PS2 since Capcom didn't make it backward compatible on Xbox yet.

Does that style switcher mod fix every single issue or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom