• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally beat Virtue Last Reward, you guys are in for a treat once this one hits Steam, and I can finally join the ZTD hype train. That said, I'm sorry to disappoint you, Grief, but after the events that take place in this game, I think it's safe to say that the enjoyment you'll take from ZTD will depend on whether you have played the former installments or not, so you probably gonna have a hard time.

also, Luna's ending :,(

I'll be in a treat to play it again on Steam :")
Can't wait for ZTD. I hope many people get it on Steam, not only to give the series a second breath but also to get more support from Spike Chunsoft :")

Ozium

the theme of the summer sale is summer picnic

what if we get a clicker game where we have to click ants who are trying to disrupt our picnic?

better yet, what if we get a hidden object game, a new screen every day, where you have to find the ants..

You onow what would be awesome now? Steamdb leaks

Nah, I think it may not happen anymore. Why ? Because now publishers got to give different names to their apps. Tekken 7 wasn't called Tekken 7 before it was unveiled. Yet it was sitting on Steamdb.

I expect publishers to have taken lessons of SteamDB leaks and now rename their applications. But that would be damn amazing :")

Nah, I think it may not happen anymore. Why ? Because now publishers got to give different names to their apps. Tekken 7 wasn't called Tekken 7 before it was unveiled. Yet it was sitting on Steamdb.

I expect publishers to have taken lessons of SteamDB leaks and now rename their applications. But that would be damn amazing :")

So there's a chance that Monster Hunter 4 HD and Ace Attorney Trilogy and Metal Gear Solid Collection are being worked on AS WE SPEAK?!

oh boy!

Jadax

they packaged an indie horror walking sim as resident evil 7

Yep, but that's not really secret though - if anything, it's the opposite. They're publicising it as much as possible so that all the fan-rage can die down before it releases.

Deques

Speaking of the Zero Escape series--why don't people pump out Unity room escape games? Imagine a game studio that sells Room Escape games for, say, $1.99-2.99 per game and limits themselves to 1-2 months per production run. You could calibrate it to take 60-ish minutes a playthrough and advertise it as such. Seems like you'd be able to sell the 5k copies or whatever you'd need for that to be a breakeven endeavor. Build up enough of them and you'd have a good passive income. Use your title screen to cross-sell future installments or do them as DLC (I'd do them as separate apps to limit the discovery burden). You wouldn't even need to design the room, just go literally do a real life escape room and copy the puzzles verbatim. Most of the models and stuff you'd be able to do through asset packs. You wouldn't need much in the way of audio stuff.

Bunker, insane asylum, 30s detective story, zombie apocalypse, etc.

You just gave Digital Homicide the greatest idea ever!

You onow what would be awesome now? Steamdb leaks

Oh man, bulk leaks like those are really the E3 for PC gamers. Here are 15 games you hoped were coming to PC and here are 10 more that you never thought had any chance. You don't know when they're coming! They might not come out at all. But get as hyped as you can, it's PC time!

Knurek

Summer sales started in France ! :D
399€ for a 980ti
299€ for a 980 :")

As I've stated earlier, 980ti is both cheaper than 1070 and is widely available now.
Unless you're way into VR and if your PSU can handle 100W extra, there's no reason to go with Pascal at the moment.

As I've stated earlier, 980ti is both cheaper than 1070 and is widely available now.
Unless you're way into VR and if your PSU can handle 100W extra, there's no reason to go with Pascal at the moment.

I'd buy it if it was worth the upgrade over my R9 290. Not sure 400€ will bring that much performances though :/

Speaking of the Zero Escape series--why don't people pump out Unity room escape games? Imagine a game studio that sells Room Escape games for, say, $1.99-2.99 per game and limits themselves to 1-2 months per production run. You could calibrate it to take 60-ish minutes a playthrough and advertise it as such. Seems like you'd be able to sell the 5k copies or whatever you'd need for that to be a breakeven endeavor. Build up enough of them and you'd have a good passive income. Use your title screen to cross-sell future installments or do them as DLC (I'd do them as separate apps to limit the discovery burden). You wouldn't even need to design the room, just go literally do a real life escape room and copy the puzzles verbatim. Most of the models and stuff you'd be able to do through asset packs. You wouldn't need much in the way of audio stuff.

Bunker, insane asylum, 30s detective story, zombie apocalypse, etc.

The market is completely flooded out by people pumping out free Flash room escape games. They've built up a loyal audience based on the expectation that they will never have to pay money.

See any given page from the Jayisgames archives.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The market is completely flooded out by people pumping out free Flash room escape games. They've built up a loyal audience based on the expectation that they will never have to pay money.

See any given page from the Jayisgames archives.

Yeah, I know they've been a feature of Flash games, but I think you could a) more rapidly prototype in Unity, b) reduce asset costs, and c) 3d stuff would give the apparent budget boost to really jump into the $1-3 type category. I also think they'd do well with streamers.

Just found out that Monster Hunter Online English patch is already out.
20160519230739a0eeucvcftxvab3k.jpg
Gonna go back to the game soon..

Sarcasm

Yeah, 10 am pst. It's always 10 am pacific but daylight savings changes the relative time occasionally depending on what part of the world you are in.

Daylight savings doesn't exist here :p

Just found out that Monster Hunter Online English patch is already out.

Gonna go back to the game soon..

I need to see if I can do it. Though I have access to the mmo locally, wonder if that patch would work on that version.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Still can't download the steam version of Mighty No. 9 though I see others are already playing. What is this? (but on the other hand I finally got my backer's key)

Phinor

There's other reasons to go for 1070 too. For example 980ti without a great cooler is going to be noisy, really noisy because of that +100W. The ones with actually great coolers tend to cost quite a bit more than the baseline models. 1070 has +2GB of extra memory and it's Nvidia so chances are drivers might benefit the 1070 in the long run.

That being said, 980ti is going to last you a long time especially if you get one of the better ones that have plenty of cooling capacity for overclocking.

Lomax

Daylight savings doesn't exist here :p

Well yeah, that's the point. Daylight savings hits in California, steam store still updates at 10 am pacific, but the relative time will change for you by an hour. Not relevant for this sale of course but there's always people in the thread complaining about it every time it happens.

My quest for total waaagh is almost complete. Soon I can move on to another, less waaagh-y faction.
Still can't download the steam version of Mighty No. 9 though I see others are already playing. What is this? (but on the other hand I finally got my backer's key)

Isn't it out now? I don't own it, but see it in my store page as released.

Tellaerin

Well, so much for Neptunia. Once again it locked up in combat in the very first area of the game, even with the priority of the game's process set to High. -_- Time to start looking for another RPG in the backlog to tackle.

Monooboe

Just came to Toussaint in Witcher 3 and whoa, the game still managed to impress me even after all the hours spent in it.

Also was thinking the other day, what is it with Witcher 3 that makes it stand out so much, for example Skyrim, which I also spent many many hours with, but with it I got so tired of it, in the end just hearing sounds from the game made me feel fatigue, but I've spent way more hours in Witcher 3 and I still feel such joy just running around in it.

BHK3

Banned
Does anyone here know how successful idlemaster is at idling every game at once? I still have like 85 card drops remaining before the sale starts :(

Knurek

There's other reasons to go for 1070 too. For example 980ti without a great cooler is going to be noisy, really noisy because of that +100W. The ones with actually great coolers tend to cost quite a bit more than the baseline models.

That's the thing, I'm getting EVGA SC+ version for ~75€ less than what 1070 is going for now.
(Emphasis on getting, instead of waiting for availability)

Even with +100W, it should still be less noisy than my current 970.

Lomax

Does anyone here know how successful idlemaster is at idling every game at once? I still have like 85 card drops remaining before the sale starts :(

Idling multiple games ruins your drop rates. The only reason to do it is if you still have the 2 hour delay on drops, then you could do all those at once but you'd so want to do it individually after that.

Tizoc

One idle master setting/optimion i use is to idle all games for 2 hours then to idle each game one by one to get card drops
Just fiddle with the options a little and youll see this option

Deques

Go nuts!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

EVEOnline Trial Access and 4 ships -- MB-905ADFCDA9683487
Paladins - Beta Key, Champion Androxus Plus Countenance Skin, 5 Radiant Chests -- MB-C19B9E0DB3AC7267
WildStar E3 Pack -- MB-AA47239AD673BC61
Armoured Warfare E3 Pack -- MB-1BBB57941794E7D8
SMITE Bellona and Furiona Bellona Exclusive Skin, Kukulkan and Typhoon Kukulkan skin -- MB-37AEFEBEB6B23EB6
Neverwinter Adventurer's Helper Pack Plus Exclusive Lord of the Labyrinth Title -- MB-E9CC8BA6B0B3D6D2
Super Senso Beta Access Plus Starter Pack (w/ exclusive Glen the Gargoyle Senso) -- MB-54C158837217C09B
Pathfinder Adventures 40 Chests -- MB-91FB06A29DC7169B
XSplit Premium 3 Month License -- MB-858A0F82977A92CA - Taken by TetraxShards
Warframe PC Booster Pack -- MB-59BF80DFD8D4077D - Taken by pantsattack
War Thunder M5 Stuart Tank Plus P36 Aircraft Plus Exclusive Twitch Plus Humble Bundle Decals -- MB-8B64A73B83C89A96

more

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Warframe Booster Pack -- MB-C90FFC44BE5B20FC - Taken by PaulSane
SMITE Almighty Zeus -- MB-D2409D7EAA72D646 - Taken by ThirtyFour

But why?

:/
Just came to Toussaint in Witcher 3 and whoa, the game still managed to impress me even after all the hours spent in it.

Also was thinking the other day, what is it with Witcher 3 that makes it stand out so much, for example Skyrim, which I also spent many many hours with, but with it I got so tired of it, in the end just hearing sounds from the game made me feel fatigue, but I've spent way more hours in Witcher 3 and I still feel such joy just running around in it.

For myself at least, it's due to the unique content around every corner; new sights, characters, and situations are everywhere--there's never a feeling of "been there, done that." Toussaint in particular is hella compelling because of its more whimsical nature, vs. the rest of the Witcher's settings.

Like, if you stripped out all of the story, cinematics, and dialog, TW3 would be about the same as Dragon Age: Inquisition's primary gameplay loop of "go here, kill this, gather this; repeat" but it manages to avoid such repetition by expertly inserting lore, stories, and dialog around every corner. It doesn't tell you to explore, it makes you want to explore.

TW3's rich and varied gameplay is nothing short of breathtaking, setting the open world standard from that point forwards. In this vein, I really hope folks judge future open worlds keeping in mind what TW3 has accomplished, to avoid the barren checklistathon that most open world games devolve into.

Arthea

reinstalled uplay after very long time
whoa, it is totally revamped, not only installed in seconds, updated just as fast
no more u play update? aww

also I'm only lvl 6
that hurt

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Like, if you stripped out all of the story, cinematics, and dialog, TW3 would be about the same as Dragon Age: Inquisition's primary gameplay loop of "go here, kill this, gather this; repeat" but it manages to avoid such repetition by expertly inserting lore, stories, and dialog around every corner. It doesn't tell you to explore, it makes you want to explore.
People give DA:I a lot of shit about this but it just doesn't shove you into conversations automatically by doing the missions. If you go out of your way to try to initiate conversations with everyone as you go it has really good characterization and woldbuilding. TW3 has the best, but DA:I is really solid. It also has great lore that is revealed mostly through books but also certain characters, perhaps better than Witcher lore which is mostly left mysterious.

Mivey

It also has great lore that is revealed mostly through books but also certain characters, perhaps better than Witcher lore which is mostly left mysterious.
Spelling everything out is not a sign of greatness. Also, I will always hold G.R.Martin as one of the greatest writers, since The Song of Ice and Fire manages to convince you that there totally is a thousand year history to this world and a complex world outside the few glimpses that we see from Westeros and Essos. And mostly by keeping a lot of the stuff unknown, forgotten to history or that the characters cleverly treat it as common knowledge that doesn't need repeating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom