• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Bummer. I was hoping for leader boards or something.

Metal Slug 3 and Metal Slug X have leaderboards.

I want to say I saw leaderboards for Metal Slug 2 and Twinkle Star Sprites, but they're not showing up in my library achievement view.

gelf

If only.
It's using DotEmu's own emulator.
Only thing it has that MAME/Retroarch don't are achievements.

Not true in all cases. I loaded up KOF98 yesterday and there are clearly menu items for online play and leaderboards.

Edit: I notice it and 2002 are the only in the bundle without DRM free options, I guess these are the only ones thats aren't just an emulator with ROM.

Sarcasm

Yeah, I just sent them a ticket. Let's see what they'll say.

But I think I have to go through the support now, as I cancelled my refund request. And I guess it's only possible to cancel my Bohemia activated key now.

Refunding third party keys, aka games you have to activate via the add key function dont' work for steam refunds.

Pachimari

Refunding third party keys, aka games you have to activate via the add key function dont' work for steam refunds.

Oh, so if I ask for a refund for ARMA 3, they'll just take away the Steam key and still give me a refund, yet I get to keep the key I activated through Bohemia?

Sarcasm

Oh, so if I ask for a refund for ARMA 3, they'll just take away the Steam key and still give me a refund, yet I get to keep the key I activated through Bohemia?

I don't want to say anything because I have only used the refund system once and it was a more simple issue then this.

But that would be the idea. You can always say you got the game gifted by a friend and would like to refund the other one or contact support and do it via that way so you chatting with them.

Deques

Let's be clear here first

Games bought directly from Steam can be refunded. If you activated a game with a Steam key bought from somewhere else, then you cannot refund it.
If both your ARMA 3 and the ARMA bundle are bought outside Steam, then those cannot be refunded.

If you bought ARMA 3 directly from Steam, then in theory I think it's possible to refund it without losing ARMA 3 from the bundle key since it's in a separate package

edit: bolded a few words to highlight them

Battleborn should've been F2P to start with.

It had all of the hallmarks built right in and clearly would've been more successful. Now, even switching to F2P will be too late since the entire reputation has been muddied by it being a "bomba."

Pachimari

If you bought ARMA 3 directly from Steam, then in theory I think it's possible to refund it without losing ARMA 3 from the bundle key since it's in a separate package

Yeah, this is the case. I'm going through the support so I can chat with them at the same time and explain the situation.

Echoplx

Yeah, this is the case. I'm going through the support so I can chat with them at the same time and explain the situation.

When you're requesting the refund it should actually ask you which package you want to refund.

Like this:
nTLYz4W.png

Jawmuncher

Still think it was the art style and first person view that hurt Battleborn. The game just isn't very attractive for a AAA title.

Still think it was the art style and first person view that hurt Battleborn. The game just isn't very attractive for a AAA title.

Absolutely.

There wasn't enough polish to justify a fully priced game with microtransactions.

The easiest compare/contrast is Overwatch. And Overwatch has no PvE element, no MOBA-esque NPC involvement, and no character persistence. And yet people happily put down the full entry fee for console versions. I'd recommend it with no reservations.

Jadax

Just how far back can I go when I want to refund games?

I have a AAA game I bought a few months ago, redeemed it - never played it though.

MUnited83

For you.

I'm still quite honestly fascinated that they didn't just made Battleborn a Borderlands spinoff instead. Could have been much more sucessful with just that.

chronomac

I'm still quite honestly fascinated that they didn't just made Battleborn a Borderlands spinoff instead. Could have been much more sucessful with just that.

I admire them trying to establish a new IP but it went wrong in every way possible.

I don't even know if I'd try Battleborn if given a free week to play. Overwatch scratches that itch for me.

I admire them trying to establish a new IP but it went wrong in every way possible.

I don't even know if I'd try Battleborn if given a free week to play. Overwatch scratches that itch for me.

I played the beta of Battleborn and I had fun, but not for the price they were asking for.

derFeef

Luckily they both scratch different itches. Go try it if you get a chance.
One big mistake they make though is the hero unlocks and the "starter" heroes just being not that much fun.

Luckily they both scratch different itches. Go try it if you get a chance.
One big mistake they make though is the hero unlocks and the "starter" heroes just being not that much fun.

I've always felt that a perceived imbalance is effectually the same thing as an actual imbalance to a game's playerbase.

Locked heroes in a competitive game are a terrible idea.

Actually, let's ask: Does anyone have an example where locking playable characters in a PvP scenarios was actually a good thing?

Pachimari

Mafia 1 is frustrating me a little bit now. Keep failing this mission where I'm supposed to use my gun to kill some goons, but then it says mission failed because I used my gun wtf. It is glitching out. Gotta take a break.

Sarcasm

Mafia 1 is frustrating me a little bit now. Keep failing this mission where I'm supposed to use my gun to kill some goons, but then it says mission failed because I used my gun wtf. It is glitching out. Gotta take a break.

Which quest? I beat the game and only issue I had was very first mission (police chase).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Single player Arma is fun if you enjoy things that are really fucking hard and technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom