• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam download servers down?

I have two games in my update queue, Dominions 4 and Straiga, both seem to time out during downloading the update...

I've been having this issue for a few days now maybe even a week. I use Steam Limiter to limit downloads to a specific server as it doesn't count against my quota but I suspect my ISP or more likely the ISP that bought my ISP has closed it without telling anyone. Once I turn off the limiter it works.

Not really gaming related, but it's Steam related.
Here is a developer showing how to create Steam achievements and how code to unlock achievements in GameMaker Studio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc74zptCNFM

Looks like it's quite tedious to add new achievements. Now think about the devs who added over 1000 achievements in Tales of Maj'eyal and have to keep track in all of them, all of the names, when and where to unlock them and all that
That looks actually a lot easier than I imagined. Even I without coding knowledge found it very straightforward. Huh. Obviously it could be more work depending on the engine used probably.

Kalypso are sending out steam keys in their newsletter.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Imperium Romanum: Gold Edition -- MB-27DEA248721A13E7 - Taken by voodooray

jRtPuMa.jpg

How about the battle for a decent PC port?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is that tagline hinting at a morality system?

I'm sure it'll be great.

Hmm. I'd guess at MKX like stances/variations, that you gain based on...Uh. Whether or not you hit below the belt?

Getting hyped for AAA games is just cause for letdown.
Getting hyped for AAA EA games is justification for institution.

Expecting anything more of a port than the resolution on consoles is just cause for letdown.
Expecting anything more of a port than the framerate on consoles is justification for institution.

Am I doing it right?

oh boy I hope this comes with the missing Mortal Kombat X content lol

Maybe they'll even give us the GGPO netcode if we buy the Injustice 2 season pass!

Durante

[About Stranger in Sword City]
nice, awaiting your impressions now
Please share impressions.
The game itself seems interesting enough after a few hours, and the presentation of the intro makes it feel like a slightly higher budget affair than Elminage Gothic. The 2D art is gorgeous.

The port performs really well and runs at 60 FPS, it also has good mouse controls and keyboard rebinding options. It's locked to 720p for its 3D rendering, which honestly isn't anything to write home about regardless of resolution...

however, the game roused my interest sufficiently that I fixed that.

Knurek

Steam download servers down?

I have two games in my update queue, Dominions 4 and Straiga, both seem to time out during downloading the update...

Selfquote, but for everyone else having the same problem - changing the download region to Russia (of all things) fixes the issue.

The game itself seems interesting enough after a few hours, and the presentation of the intro makes it feel like a slightly higher budget affair than Elminage Gothic. The 2D art is gorgeous.

Does it automap or can you add your own annotations, like in EO or MMX?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

The port performs really well and runs at 60 FPS, it also has good mouse controls and keyboard rebinding options. It's locked to 720p for its 3D rendering, which honestly isn't anything to write home about regardless of resolution...

however, the game roused my interest sufficiently that I fixed that.
Man, you should stop doing this, you don't have any more room in your tag.

Here's the full version:

cWDQ6Kk.jpg

Wait where the fuck is Far Cry 5?

Shouldn't this winter be its date? Well maybe Ubisoft is holding it back so it won't feel like a retread of Far Cry 3 again.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Wait where the fuck is Far Cry 5?

Shouldn't this winter be its date? Well maybe Ubisoft is holding it back so it won't feel like a retread of Far Cry 3 again.

I want to say the next rumored Far Cry is supposed to be Blood Dragon 2?

Corpekata

Banned
The Far Cry formula has permeated the rest of the Ubi games just as much as AC has, I can see them delaying it to get away from the new Ghost Recon which looked pretty Far Cryish the last time we saw it. I would expect one next year, not this one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Nebula Online -- MB-8CCB8178632211AF - Taken by Purkake4

Deques

That looks actually a lot easier than I imagined. Even I without coding knowledge found it very straightforward. Huh. Obviously it could be more work depending on the engine used probably.
Gamemaker Studio has an integrated Steamworks support making it easy to add Steam stuff to your game

I've been playing too much of the Ded by Dedlite beta. It's fun in short bursts and I can see it's lighting up the Twitch charts. Curious to see how the whole game looks like before I put in the money for it.

Khronico

Just wanted to pop in and say I've been playing through the Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone.

The wedding sequence was one of the greatest things I have ever experienced in a videogame.

CDProjekt Red consistently putting the ENTIRE INDUSTRY to shame with their storytelling.

Yakkue

80 days is addicting.

So far I..

..nearly frozen to death because I crashed at the North Pole
..was thrown out of a rocket headed for the moon
..solved a murder mystery on a ship
..went on a grim journey with slave traders
..was threatened by automatons
..made out with a guy dressed like Death
..was made to take opium and then abducted
..punched Jesse James in the face

All while I tried to travel the world with my master in 80 days or less, managing scarce luggage space and funds. It's a lot of fun trying out the different routes and discovering new plots.
Amazing Choose-Your-Own-Adventure type of game with a ton of replayability, if you enjoy reading. It's not overly challenging, but very charming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom