• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So a kids comic is not available in my region, but in compensation I get the comic with the cover that has a half naked lady on it
kNN1vk9.png

How the hell do they work this out?

So a kids comic is not available in my region, but in compensation I get the comic with the cover that has a half naked lady on it

Both Adventure Time and Steven Universe are also unavailable in scandinavia too. It's probably a licensing issue and it sucks.

Lain

If the license doesn't cover your country, you're not getting it.

deejay

I thought DSIII was great, but the DLC was such a disappointment and it should not have been the last content if you ask me. The franchise deserves so much better.

kionedrik

Dark Souls 2: The Sunken King area is great. Am loving the level design.
Those ghost knights tho ¬_¬

That area would've been near perfect if it wasn't for the stupidity of its optional boss. All 3 dlc areas are excellent but thanks to that I guess Sunken King is the worst of the 3.

Ludens

Banned
Metal Gear Solid 5 Definitive Edition is $14 @DLGamer for a limited time only!
https://www.dlgamer.com/us/games/buy-metal-gear-solid-the-definitive-experience-40557

Keep in mind that when making payment, the website will require the following from you
1- It may send you an e-mail with a verification code (I only needed to do this once because I hadn't used the site in a while)
2- It will send a verification code to your phone number (this is their default option)

So stay on the payment page at all times when you are making the purchase!

Konami never put on the store the console exclusive dlc you can get only by purchasing this version of the game. They gave people the opportunity to buy the whole DE but not the dlc.

Deques

Metal Gear Solid 5 Definitive Edition is $14 @DLGamer for a limited time only!
https://www.dlgamer.com/us/games/buy-metal-gear-solid-the-definitive-experience-40557

Keep in mind that when making payment, the website will require the following from you
1- It may send you an e-mail with a verification code (I only needed to do this once because I hadn't used the site in a while)
2- It will send a verification code to your phone number (this is their default option)

So stay on the payment page at all times when you are making the purchase!
Historical cheapest?

Durante

That area would've been near perfect if it wasn't for the stupidity of its optional boss. All 3 dlc areas are excellent but thanks to that I guess Sunken King is the worst of the 3.

I'd argue that it's only "stupid" if you don't play it as intended (that is, in co-op). As a co-op Souls player (I know, the horror) I thought it was one of the most interesting boss encounters across all 3 games.

Pachimari

It doesn't matter if you don't know where you were out of the box. You only need to worry about how much you're adding through overclocking. If it's stable it's fine, if it's not, decrease it.

I also added to my guide in my older post.

Yellow shows your current core clock and memory clock. And by current, I mean the current running speed, meaning it will be much lower if you're not running a game et al at the moment. Pink is the values you're adding to that, while your GPU is fully rev'd up.

There's my GPU while it's not doing much of anything. The current values are much lower. The top picture is the speed my card is at while running a game.
Why does your MSI Afterburner look completely different from mine? I can't see my current core clock and memory clock. I can only see what I've added to it.

kionedrik

I'd argue that it's only "stupid" if you don't play it as intended (that is, in co-op). As a co-op Souls player (I know, the horror) I thought it was one of the most interesting boss encounters across all 3 games.

Play as you want/like. I ended up having to summon a NPC to that boss even though I'm a "proud" solo player but I really don't care how anyone plays a game. I solo'ed them in NG+ though, so it's doable.
For me the stupid part is tied to the fact that that boss has no reason to be there. There's no lore connection or character recognition that explains why those bastards are there. From a development pov it feels like a filler boss and nothing more.
As for interesting bosses, I'll be an instigator and say Bed of Chaos is one of the best ones, along with the Chariot and Darklurker.

Ascheroth

Play as you want/like. I ended up having to summon a NPC to that boss even though I'm a "proud" solo player but I really don't care how anyone plays a game. I solo'ed them in NG+ though, so it's doable.
For me the stupid part is tied to the fact that that boss has no reason to be there. There's no lore connection or character recognition that explains why those bastards are there. From a development pov it feels like a filler boss and nothing more.
As for interesting bosses, I'll be an instigator and say Bed of Chaos is one of the best ones, along with the Chariot and Darklurker.
*high five*

I am once again spending hours in XCOM 2's character pool editor to bring Mass Effect and XCOM together. There's some amazing mods on the workshop, like full Asari and Turian mods that basically add them extra playable species. Plus, of course, ways to bring all of the memorable squadmates into the game. It's incredible stuff.

XCOM 2's Workshop really makes me appreciate the feature. When Steam first introduced it, I assumed it would only be useful for small, insignificant changes due to mod conflicts, but it works really well so long as the games are designed with it in mind. Like, the Mass Effect stuff is from a multitude of authors, but completely modular, which makes it easy to include at your leisure.

So, yeah. Daily reminder that mods are awesome.

Knurek

seems like MS doesnt understand that majority of PC games want actual PC experience on PC not xbox experience

Oh, just go to the Gaming side and see all those Junior accounts (and UWP Defence Posse) hail this decision as a first step in finally bringing much needed purity into PC space.
The amount of
AstroTurf-Q.jpg

going on in any thread regarding Microsoft is downright amazing.
I flat out refuse to believe a sane person would be able to say anything positive about UWP/WinStore unless being paid to do so

Milamber

Let's say I purchase Hitman from Steam, other than Gaben's cut, will the rest of the pie go to IOI or does it still go through to their previous publisher for their cut?

Windows store exclusive AoE HD? Fuck.

I thought DSIII was great, but the DLC was such a disappointment and it should not have been the last content if you ask me. The franchise deserves so much better.

I guess I know which version of DSIII I'm getting this summer sale.

fantomena

The only part so far I don't like about CDKEYS is the phone number verification. I don't like giving my phone number to any company. They better not starting sending me messages and stuff.

Pachimari

It doesn't matter if you don't know where you were out of the box. You only need to worry about how much you're adding through overclocking. If it's stable it's fine, if it's not, decrease it.

I also added to my guide in my older post.

Yellow shows your current core clock and memory clock. And by current, I mean the current running speed, meaning it will be much lower if you're not running a game et al at the moment. Pink is the values you're adding to that, while your GPU is fully rev'd up.

There's my GPU while it's not doing much of anything. The current values are much lower. The top picture is the speed my card is at while running a game.

I just changed my skin to the same as yours, and I see that my core clock and memory clock are at 966MHz and 3105MHz when I'm not running a game:

Which is much higher than yours. This doesn't seem healthy?

[edit] I actually don't see any difference between when my PC is doing nothing to when I am gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom