• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

IU6jBi1.png

well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rockstar must be so upset right now.

giphy.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those bad reviews for GTA V on Steam will probably only make sure that Rockstar don't bother with PC anymore.

"Pre-order Red Dead Redemption Remastered for PC now, exclusively from the Social© Club® Store™."

yuraya

"Pre-order Red Dead Redemption Remastered for PC now, exclusively from the Social© Club® Store™."

Lets not get carried away now.

Rockstar is the biggest and most talented video game developer in the world. They have infinite amount of money and resources. Porting a 360 game to PC would require unprecedented amount of skill. Even asking them to do something like that would be unheard of.

Mivey

Rockstar is the biggest and most talented video game developer in the world. They have infinite amount of money and resources. Porting a 360 game to PC would require unprecedented amount of skill. Even asking them to do something like that would be unheard of.
The project seemed to be quite the mess (see . "the BENZ!"), which is probably reflected by the code. They could hire a third-party to shift through the mess and port it to PC, PS4 and Xbox (similar architecture and memory access is so different from 360 that huge parts will have to be rewritten anyway).
Certainly they could afford it, but at this point they don't need the money either way and their new Red Dead game will likely sell like gangbusters anyway. So probably a case of different priorities.

Wok

I'd agree with Bernardo.

They're only going to release one game in 7 years anyway, which will barely get my interest, nothing to lose.

GTA V is one of the best games of this generation (or the previous). It is the opposite of nothing to lose.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
GTA V is one of the best games of this generation (or the previous). It is the opposite of nothing to lose.

Bought it at release, still haven't played it 😶

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Giveaway -- MB-724C2A08E2F66571 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 1 entrants total.
Mystery Giveaway #2 -- MB-FAF27A4749DD709D - Taken by voodooray. 3 entrants total.

t1497711796z1.png

MUnited83

For you.

It really isn't. Pretty good sandbox but the single player missions are mostly garbage. Not really worth the money without modding.

gabbo

Has much change since Gta:sa? Ive not played one since and nothing seems more open-ended or dynamic about how the game unfolds.

I played through Unravel with the free Origin Access trial. Decent enough game. The production values are off the charts. Everyone knows how gorgeous it looks but it also has really good music and it's very polished. The platforming can be somewhat frustrating at times though. It has imprecise, floaty controls mixed with some trial and error level design that can really get annoying if you get stuck in a particular section. I didn't like the first half of the game because of this but it got better later and kind of won me over by the end. You can tell they made the game with a lot of heart. Worth checking out since it can be played for free right now. It's pretty short too... twelve levels that take about half an hour each so 6-7 hours in total.

I haven't finished the story, and have spent like 40 hours in Online, and yet I don't think it's a masterpiece or something like that. If I were never played the game, I can live with that.

NEO0MJ

So, what programs would you guys recommend I install for my new PC? Also, any good way to super sample?

That was an awesome fight. Took a couple tries. And lmao my weapon broke exactly on the last hit.

Sinh was a great fight. I liked how careful you had to be with weapons when facing him. Nice theme, too. Also, he gives you access to one of my favorite weapons in the souls series.

yuraya

The project seemed to be quite the mess (see . "the BENZ!"), which is probably reflected by the code. They could hire a third-party to shift through the mess and port it to PC, PS4 and Xbox (similar architecture and memory access is so different from 360 that huge parts will have to be rewritten anyway).
Certainly they could afford it, but at this point they don't need the money either way and their new Red Dead game will likely sell like gangbusters anyway. So probably a case of different priorities.

I don't buy any of that. The game released on PS3 and 360. It played well, reviewed well and sold well. Whatever development hell existed it clearly didn't have an affect on the launch of that game. Hundreds upon hundreds of devs release games on PC everyday. Including Japanese devs who released plenty of PS360 exclusives on PC by now. If everyone can do it Rockstar has no excuse. They are clearly either incompetent or don't give a shit about PC gamers.

It'll be funny if in the next few years PC gamers will be able to fully emulate RDR with RPCS3 @ 4k60fps. I bet then R* will hustle up and release it on PC. Just to not miss out on potential sales because that is the only thing they give a shit about at this point.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't buy any of that. The game released on PS3 and 360. It played well, reviewed well and sold well. Whatever development hell existed it clearly didn't have an affect on the launch of that game. Hundreds upon hundreds of devs release games on PC everyday. Including Japanese devs who released plenty of PS360 exclusives on PC by now. If everyone can do it Rockstar has no excuse. They are clearly either incompetent or don't give a shit about PC gamers.

It'll be funny if in the next few years PC gamers will be able to fully emulate RDR with RPCS3 @ 4k60fps. I bet then R* will hustle up and release it on PC. Just to not miss out on potential sales because that is the only thing they give a shit about at this point.

Yeah, I've never leaned towards the "The game code is hanging by a thread" rumour myself. It just doesn't make any sense. Game code can be inelegant, sure, but it either works or it doesn't and evidently the game is optimised well enough to be playable on the PS360.

dex3108

All the copies they sell on Steam will make sure they do. There's currently over 110k Steam users playing GTA V.

GTA V is probably at 10M sold copies on PC (Social CLub + Steam) if not the more and yet RDR2 wasn't announced for PC. They know that market is there but they are earning so much money from console releases that they simply can afford to not release it on PC. They treated PC as a platform like garbage for years.

Eternia

Oh, just go to the Gaming side and see all those Junior accounts (and UWP Defence Posse) hail this decision as a first step in finally bringing much needed purity into PC space.
The amount of
AstroTurf-Q.jpg

going on in any thread regarding Microsoft is downright amazing.
I flat out refuse to believe a sane person would be able to say anything positive about UWP/WinStore unless being paid to do so
There have been so many Microsoft fluff threads since the start of E3, it feels like a bunch of "Loudninjas" competing against each other.

fantomena

No. It's an opinion like any other opinion. Im not religious, but jesus, it can't be so hard to understand that some people have the opinion that GTA V is the greatest sandbox game ever made.

I don't like GTA V very much, it was a whole lot better than GTA IV (which was trash and that is again an opinion). I had fun with it, but didn't care about it after the story ended.

Aaron D.

Nah.

GTA V single player is awesome.

So intelligent the way they split it up between 3 main characters, each with unique, believable personalities and motivations. Also the map was incredible in size, scope & polish (esp. after the re-release on current gen hardware with improved textures, object density, and first-person view).

V was a monumental achievement in gaming.

MUnited83

For you.
No. It's an opinion like any other opinion. Im not religious, but jesus, it can't be so hard to understand that some people have the opinion that GTA V is the greatest sandbox game ever made.

I don't like GTA V very much, it was a whole lot better than GTA IV (which was trash and that is again an opinion). I had fun with it, but didn't care about it after the story ended.
Yet I don't see you replying to people saying "It's the best game" with your bland retort of "opinions"
Nah.

GTA V single player is awesome.

So intelligent the way they split it up between 3 main characters, each with unique, believable personalities and motivations. Also the map was incredible in size, scope & polish (esp. after the re-release on current gen hardware with improved textures, object density, and first-person view).

V was a monumental achievement in gaming.

nah, the single player story missions are garbage. Yo, let's make a huge ass sandbox, but then have players go through super linear story missions that take no advantage of said sandbox.

Yet I don't see you replying to people saying "It's the best game" with your bland retort of "opinions"

nah, the single player story missions are garbage. Yo, let's make a huge ass sandbox, but then have players go through super linear story missions that take no advantage of said sandbox.
The drive distances are really long for some missions.

Knurek

Say goodbye to any chance of Ori hitting Steam.

Bye Felicia.
As much as I've liked the first Ori, there's a higher chance of me buying an X1 than of me getting anything from WinStore, ever.
And there's precisely 0% chance I'll buy an X1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom