• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

So any subtuitle ideas for the Summer SAle ot?
All I got is USE ENHANCED STEAM YOU DOTARDS!

Steam Summer Sale 2017 - purchasing discounted games a month before they are bundled

Steam Summer Sale 2017 - the great thing about the sale isn't buying games, it's telling everyone online that I did.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
camera in DS3 is super jittery sometimes, whats that about? I dont remember it being like that the first time I played it.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 - purchasing discounted games a month before they are bundled

Steam Summer Sale 2017 - the great thing about the sale isn't buying games, it's telling everyone online that I did.

small-world-the-simpsons.jpg
"It is, it really, really is."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Crystal Sage is fun...

why im not insta summoning since I've already finished the game I have no idea, I just want to get to the dlc really

When things go bad in XCOM 2, they go real bad.
So let's back up. I fought one tough pod, and then suddenly I remember I have an objective to complete. Right as I get in range to neutralise the VIP, I activate two deadly pods simultaneously: a Sectopod and grunt officer, each backed by a MEC and shield grunt. While my SPARK managed to rocket the VIP, it in turn died instantly from the Sectopod. With the loss of my best soldier and outnumbered by the enemy, I had eight turns to reach evac; it was a suicide run.

The evac zone was on a street beside the building where the pods activated, in the far corner of the map. The only cover was some highly explosive vehicles, sparse road barricades, and an occasional street light. My soldiers were all in an adjacent building, separated by the Sectopod and a fountainous plaza. In a best-case scenario, dashing cover-to-cover, I would have only a few turns to spare, assuming anyone survived the crossfire. The best and only route was along the far side of the street, as far away from the hostiles as possible.

And that's what I did. Using absolutely everything my soldiers had and a lot of luck, a select few soldiers made it near the evac zone. Now half of the squad was dead, killed en route like the poor guy in the pic above. It was then that things got worse: a grunt pod reinforced at the evac zone, catching my soldiers in the worst crossfire imaginable.

It was thanks to the one and only John Shepard that my squad survived.
This key shot opened the door for everyone to escape. With no time to spare, two hostiles on overwatch, and two wounded soldiers in the rear, it was up to Shepard to clear a path to evac, dead or alive. After taking that shot and dashing to evac, evading the reaction fire, he ensured that Liara and Jack both also escaped.

So this has been my very own suicide run. Best encounter I've ever had. It's the Mass Effect 2 sequel the series always deserved.
The wait for the expansion is killer.
Is there a way to make State of Decay look not quite as... weird?

It's so weirdly dark in places.

I think that's just the engine? SoD has always been that way for me, too. It's either darkest darks, or gamma that's too high, leaving a whiteness to everything; there's no middleground.

It kiiiinda suits the game, but not really because inside you're basically hunting for the shimmeries in complete darkness, with a circle of visibility (your flashlight) to help you. Doesn't really add much atmosphere, it's just overbearing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Adorables -- MB-ABF53DCC16A39CB6 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

Rhaknar

these 2 black knights in the woods were easier than I remember,

Is the dlc very specific to get access to or can you stumble upon it? I keep finding things im not sure I remember and I'm afraid its the dlc and I want to save that for last.

Talking about DS3 btw.

Also how / when do you respec again? Kinda feel like going dex, i'm liking faster one handers this time around, I keep getting big swords and going back to the boradsword because of its speed :(

edit: also, I forgot the Fallen Knight set, and that shit is still the dopest shit you can find early on in Souls game.

Monooboe

Look good.

Was weighing up buying a new pair of B&W 685 and a stereo amp. But then I don't know if I should connect it to the PC via RCA and 3.5mm jack or look into DAC connection.

I would vote for a DAC. I started with an external DAC/soundcard mostly because I wanted a easy way to switch between speakers and headphones and started prefering DAC to a dedicated soundcard. I got a cheap Asus Xonar U7 and it's been working great.

jediyoshi

It's kind of amazing how fast these MP asymmetric games burn out. Evolve, Dead by Daylight, Friday the 13th. They take the top of the charts and then can barely retain any players. Makes me think the formula is still missing something important.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been trying to hunt down some good games that I would be interested in for the Steam sale, but nothing is really jumping out at me. Due to my current life / work schedule I've mostly been gaming on handhelds and consoles. A lot of stuff I don't own on Steam I already own on PS4 so I'm mostly looking for things I can't get elsewhere.

I've found a few titles I'm interested in like Paint it Back, Hidden Folks, Factorio, and Shenzhen I/O so I think that's mostly the kind of stuff I'm after this sale.

Rhaknar

WELP

Just started a DLC by mistake (this
Ariendel painted world
shit has to be DLC, I would remember this from the main game), how fucked am I?

edit: oh nvm they let you port out of there, whew

Tizoc

Nice that it has a store page. If you have a PS4 and Plus membership, the NA store has Root Letter for $9 starting now until next week. I'm debating on what platform I should buy this.

Wait Kadokawa is publishing this, don't they own Shadows of the Damned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom