• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait Kadokawa is publishing this, don't they own Shadows of the Damned?

From Mikami and Suda? I believe Electronic Arts are the publisher for that game so fat chance of it ever being ressurected. I mean, look at Bulletstorm...another EA Partners original that was abandoned and taken off Steam...thus leading to that Bulletstorm game from Lyin' Randy.

Nabs

It's kind of amazing how fast these MP asymmetric games burn out. Evolve, Dead by Daylight, Friday the 13th. They take the top of the charts and then can barely retain any players. Makes me think the formula is still missing something important.

One of these devs needs to copy The Hidden Source and leave all the fuckery intact.

Phawx

It's kind of amazing how fast these MP asymmetric games burn out. Evolve, Dead by Daylight, Friday the 13th. They take the top of the charts and then can barely retain any players. Makes me think the formula is still missing something important.

Only played Evolve and Dead by Daylight, both of those games had a singular issue in that PUGs (pickup groups) vary so much in skill that it's always been domination one way or the other. And playing on either side of that gets not-fun pretty fast.

Additionally there are some people who insta-quit unless they roll'd as uber-bad-guy.

I def agree with your assessment. These types of 4v1 games are very "Juicy Fruit"-types of games. Initial burst of flavor is appealing but flavor doesn't last long enough.

madjoki

Not sure why he would advertise his refund policy with every single game he puts out if he doesn't actually do it, that sounds like it would backfire faste.

That's why I'm asking if anyone has succesfully used it :p
All I know someone tried it only to get one but was denied. Haven't tried myself.

God Wars: Future Past is almost certainly coming to Steam down the line then.

I dont know. I think Root Letter is happening because Kadokawa is releasing it on their own/a different service on PC in Japan. So I guess, seeing that they had a PC port ready, it wouldnt cost much to add a Steam release in west.

MUnited83

For you.

wut? Dead by Daylight has a very active userbase.

Shit, I just looked at Steamcharts the past months data and it seems it has been doing a stellar job on retaining players.

When exactly will the first episode of Hitman be available for free today? Will it be free for all platforms like Life Is Strange or just for Steam?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait Kadokawa is publishing this, don't they own Shadows of the Damned?

It only owns the IP. GungHo owns the game itself by way of the Grasshopper acquisition. Two puzzle pieces + two separate companies = fat chance of a re-release.

Edit: Err, wait, both you and I are thinking of Lollipop Chainsaw, haha. GungHo owns Shadow of the Damned (the game and IP).

def sim

wut? Dead by Daylight has a very active userbase.

Shit, I just looked at Steamcharts the past months data and it seems it has been doing a stellar job on retaining players.

Yeah, I wouldn't place DBD and F13 alongside Evolve. I'm not sure what metric Jedi is judging their communities on, but they are very much active.

def sim

DbD has been hemorrhaging their userbase for a while now though, because of really dumb developer decisions regarding balance.

Sure, but it's still far from a ghost town and didn't burn out like Evolve. It wasn't a very good comparison.

I haven't been keeping up with the balance changes, but a recent game I had seemed faster? Survivors were fixing generators more quickly than I would like and it felt like a scramble towards the end.

The major difference between DbD, F13 and Evolve is that the developers are very active with their communities when it comes to supporting those games whether it's content or balancing. Evolve never had that, pulled the most awful preorder promotion you can think of and sent it out to die courtesy of 2K.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, but it's still far from a ghost town and didn't burn out like Evolve. It wasn't a very good comparison.

I haven't been keeping up with the balance changes, but a recent game I had seemed faster? Survivors were fixing generators more quickly than I would like and it felt like a scramble towards the end.
Oh yeah, it's definitely not an Evolve. I just think it might not be able to keep its base for a long time.

Actually, they increased the time it takes to repair a generator. The only one who got a speed up were the killers.

Ah looking it up now, it seems like they added hook regeneration. I was looking for people with tool kits trying to sabotage my hooks, but they were totally just fixing gens. ��
Oooh, right, I forgot about that. Yeah hooks regen after 2 minutes now, so it's useless to do unless you can keep them capped off for a quick hook drop. I'm glad sabo's been nerfed.

def sim

Oh yeah, it's definitely not an Evolve. I just think it might not be able to keep its base for a long time.

Actually, they increased the time it takes to repair a generator. The only one who got a speed up were the killers.

Ah looking it up now, it seems like they added hook regeneration. I was looking for people with tool kits trying to sabotage my hooks, but they were totally just fixing gens. 😅

MUnited83

For you.
DbD has been hemorrhaging their userbase for a while now though, because of really dumb developer decisions regarding balance.

Hemorrhaging? Maybe bleeding a little bit, but overal it has been stable the last few months. Friday never reached the same numbers. In fact, the numbers Daylight pulls are constantly close to the all-time peak for Friday.

Nick_C

Oh, the pre-sale blues. Looking for something to play, but I'd like to avoid buying something that'll be on deep discount in a few days. Any suggestions for something new, that most likely won't be in the sale?

Plesiades

So it will be like a demo not just a full free episode like with Life Is Strange, which means you can't unlock achievements or trophies in it.

IO has said that you'll keep the progress if you buy the full game. Maybe they make the HITMAN app free and add the prologue as free DLC. We'll see soon enough.

We had a spokesperson...Tony from Amazon!

kdzw08x.jpg

Amazon PC Sales will never be the same without him.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
IO has said that you'll keep the progress if you buy the full game. Maybe they make the HITMAN app free and add the prologue as free DLC. We'll see soon enough.

It's a demo.

kdzw08x.jpg

Amazon PC Sales will never be the same without him.

I felt bad for him when he spent weeks trying to organise a sale on Kingdoms of Amalur Steam keys only for the bloke who'd been handed the reins to realise he himself could discount the game on Steam and abruptly stopped communicating. That was the only and only time the game was discounted following the unceremonious closure of 38 Studios until EA was granted access to the app.

Hmm... is there a way to view games that have left Early Access? Like, just those games, not Early Access itself. I've probably missed a ton of them by virtue of Steam's layout.

I feel like a lot of EA games just get that one EA launch, with the "full release" being a sale promotion if they're lucky, and a news post if they're not. Super easy to lose track of them if you're not paying close attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom