• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBo50uTUQAAvDgQ.jpg

#BlueReflection is coming to PS4 & PC Steam on September 26, 2017! GUST Studios' latest original project set in an all-girls high-school!.

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS

MUnited83

For you.
Nice to see Gust continuing on PC.
Here's hoping that since only PS4/PC versions exist we don't get downgraded assets this time.

Hektor

But what's the plot

Normal, plain, unpopular high school girls at day, famous pop idol at night! Follow Hanna-chan and Montana-Chan on their quest to glory! Experience their sad, tragic tales, funny school hijinks, sexually loaded beach episodes and of course their fantastic music first hand!

Will they be able to defeat the yokai of hate with the idol power of love and friendship?

Just beat Risen 3 last night, about 30 hours and I am pretty sure I did every quest in the game and opened every chest, but I really enjoyed it. The thing Risen does well is exploration, where it actually pays to wander slightly off the beaten path. Now to decide what RPG to play next...I am thinking Alpha Protocol or Mars War Logs to knock one off my 3500+ backlog.

Man that R.I.P. Denuvo thread is embarrassing. I can already tell most of them don't have PC as their gaming platform and a-OK with DRM...and this is coming from someone who just started PC gaming 3 years ago.

Anno

Man that R.I.P. Denuvo thread is embarrassing. I can already tell most of them don't have PC as their gaming platform and a-OK with DRM...and this is coming from someone who just started PC gaming 3 years ago.

So it's the typical gaming side PC thread?

ezodagrom

Nice to see Gust continuing on PC.
Here's hoping that since only PS4/PC versions exist we don't get downgraded assets this time.
There is a Vita version in Japan, but even if there wasn't, since this is KT, there's a chance of either downgraded assets on PC, broken/missing effects, or very poor performance (or all of these).

sure thing, if it'll run better than FIris, I'll live with that.
seriously those lower res 2D assets aren't even that noticeable in the game, unless you compare.
The lower res interface assets in Sophie and Firis aren't a big deal in my opinion, but the missing effects in Firis (ambient occlusion, downgraded lighting, buggy shadows) are.

I should feel bad, I now have 128 games on Gog and I only bought 1 through them and that was because it was a 1/4 the price as it was on Steam and it came with a steam key.

Probably should buy The Saboteur during their next sale.

Arthea

The lower res interface assets in Sophie and Firis aren't a big deal in my opinion, but the missing effects in Firis (ambient occlusion, downgraded lighting, buggy shadows) are.

tbh I'd take improved performance over those effects, although Firis could have had less bugs in general.

Regginator

I should feel bad, I now have 128 games on Gog and I only bought 1 through them and that was because it was a 1/4 the price as it was on Steam and it came with a steam key.

Same here, I only bought The Witcher 3 and all other 47 games I own on GOG were either free on their site, or through /connect :( In fact, I don't think I even really bought Witcher 3. It was an Nvidia key if I remember correctly.

But in my defence, I'm literally never without internet, I always have Steam just running, so the USP for GOG is lost on me. I just like doing it for shits and giggles, and I applaud good extra competition.

ezodagrom

tbh I'd take improved performance over those effects, although Firis could have had less bugs in general.
Well, if KT put any care at all in porting their games to PC, we would get both the effects and performance. <-<;
Instead we got neither, and they charge full price for it.

Wok

I have bought very few games on GOG, the most expensive being Outcast 1.1 in 2011, and it did not give me a Steam key for:

Meanwhile, I have benefited from free conversions from Steam to GOG, so... maybe it is better to stick to Steam?

Meanwhile, I have benefited from free conversions from Steam to GOG, so... maybe it is better to stick to Steam?

assuming you have access to internet most, if not all, of the time, it really is.

i mean, it's great of gog to provide this service, it fits their pro-consumer stance. but it's kinda silly from a business perspective, because why would you buy on gog if there's a chance you can get it for free later down the line? you'd get 2 versions for the price of 1 that way.

JakeD

assuming you have access to internet most, if not all, of the time, it really is.

i mean, it's great of gog to provide this service, it fits their pro-consumer stance. but it's kinda silly from a business perspective, because why would you buy on gog if there's a chance you can get it for free later down the line? you'd get 2 versions for the price of 1 that way.

the bigger your library is the more likely you are to continue buying from them. or at least thats how it works in my case. and most connect games are old enough to be bundle-tier anyway so its not a huge gamble

zkylon

zkylewd
magical girl persona looks neat

then again i keep reading ppl say persona 5 is too dark and they didn't like it as much as 4 so i feel i may love that game

So I've played the first ep of TWDS3 and somehow, TellTale's The Walking Dead Season 3 looks worse than Season 2. They tried to bring in more photorealism but it doesn't gel well with the cel-shaded thing they have traditionally used. The result just looks like marionettes dropped into the same cel-shaded world as always; it's kinda jarring, especially after a fresh completion of Season 2. Like, it would be noticeably prettier vs. previous games if the character models didn't look so out of place.

Gameplay-wise the only thing that bugs me is how little interaction there is. Previous games gave you throwaway options for things like greetings or responses, but Season 3 largely automates them. It's stepping ever closer to interactive movie, which is a shame because TWDS1 had a decent balance between gaminess and cinematics. QTEs are in the same boat--they're so straightforward now that I dunno why they bother (and indeed, in places where you'd expect QTEs, they're straight up skipping them now).

The story seems pretty solid so far though (again, in Ep1). Same kind of dire gutpunch you'd expect from the series.

Anno

That Ditto game looks really good.

People interested in that would probably like the Secrets of Grindea which is a very good and fun EA game right now that's very pretty and plays similarly to what that looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom