• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezzhil

Looks like Secret Legend is going to get a new name and will be at the PC Gamer show.

Great. The lastest videos about it looked really good.

0864e9eb6c7b9f3a4025951eede7a4524fad2f6b.png

The PC Gaming Show is shaping up to be interesting.

Prey is excellent, despite the "but wait, there's more" final missions. It's on my GOTY list for sure.

Yep. Just about the only complaint I had with the game was that it kind of drags on right near the end. Top notch experience otherwise.

Sad to see Dirt 4 might be a little dissapointing according to the Steam reviews.

Had a quick glance at the negative reviews and it seems the common complaint is that the driving model is too 'arcadey'. I don't know if that's a valid complaint given that it's by design, the mainline games have been arcade racers for the last three installments and there is a proper sim variant available with Dirt Rally.

Pixieking

Banned
So, Gemsweeper

I dug around a bit, and found out why it doesn't work for my wife. Posted this in the Steam Discussion for it:

It seems that the licensing information for the paid full version is not kept on either Steam's servers, or downloaded as part of the game.

Why do I say this? Because the Trial Version (downloaded form Lobstersoft's website) plays absolutely fine on Windows 10 x64, on both my laptop, and my wife's laptop. But the Steam version that she purchased does not play on either of our computers.

So, it seems that the Steam version is fundamentally broken, partly due to the removal of the "If you like this game, buy it" part of the .exe, and partly due to no purchase information in the Steam download.

The reason why I initially thought it was related to Windows 10 compatibility was because it wouldn't work when my wife bought a new laptop. Obviously, with the information missing above on a new laptop, it wouldn't work, regardless of Windows version.

Is there any way around this? Neither I nor my wife fancy paying 20 Euro for it on Lobstersoft's site, considering she already bought it. I'm going to email them about it, but considering I emailed them about the game a year ago and never received a reply, I'm not holding out much hope. :/

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bold New World -- MB-06B33229FB508290 - Taken by Hakkelus
Turn Around -- MB-6590F0C25AB724FA - Taken by bobnowhere

yuraya

Less than a few days now before the E3 extravaganza begins.

Bioware's new IP
Project Scorpio six big ones AKA teraFLOPS
"It Just Works" new IP from Bethesda and Todd Howard.
Ubisoft and the return of AssCreed
Sony taking VR to the next level + Console exclusive exclusives
NIntendo heartbreaks and portbegging drama.

Are you excited SteamGAF???

FloatOn

Bioware's new IP

pretty sure this E3 is going to be historic.

so pumped for the meltdowns.

Lanrutcon

Bioware's new IP

"Why isn't X on Switch?"
"Scorpio is going to do 8k at 700fps!!!!11!!!"
"Hey, that new Beth game looks a lot like Skyrim with <somethings>..."
"That new VR game PROVES that VR is finally here!"
"That was totally in-game footage duh you're just hating"

Yeah, I'm ready.

Aaron D.

I've no interest in console or AAA* gaming, so E3 traditionally has little to offer me on a personal level.

But I do love the tears though, so I'm 100% signed up for that. I guess sometimes we all just wanna to see the world burn.

* Barring exceptions here and there, i.e. curious about the Todd Howard/Bethesda reveal.

I've no interest in console or AAA* gaming, so E3 traditionally has little to offer me on a personal level.

But I do love the tears though, so I'm 100% signed up for that. I guess sometimes we all just wanna to see the world burn.

* Barring exceptions here and there, i.e. curious about the Todd Howard/Bethesda reveal.

I really hope Bethesda announces a new RPG and that is not F2P or "Freemium". I dont even care what setting or plot!

I'm ready for the next truckload of beautiful smaller titles from each publisher. (Though it's not like we don't get a steady stream of equivalent indie titles year-round, it's still fun.)

The tears will be great though. It's truly amazing how emotional people get about video game announcements.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Bioware's new IP

Geoff Keighley will be hosting a 45-minute deep dive on AssCreed Origins the day after Ubi's conference. I'm looking forward to that.

It's never, eeeeeeever going to happen but I have one (and only one) wish for E3 this year:

Chet Faliszek and Erik Wolpaw show up on the Giant Bomb live show the last night of E3 and announce they are resurrecting OldManMurray.

Ludens

Banned
Is it confirmed the three unannounced SE games are for PC?
If so it's possible two of them are FFXII and DQXI, considering how well Nier Automata sold, a parallel release would make sense.

Kssio_Aug

Radeon Settings just detected a new driver here. It's the 1st time I will upgrade the drivers with an AMD GPU, is it safe to upgrade it directly from their Radeon Settings interface or should I uninstall everything manually and install them again downloading it from their website?

ModBot said:
Instructions for InquisitorAles:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Zero Reflex : Black Eye Edition -- MB-4B3A04CB8E2EBC89 - Taken by bobnowhere
Here, take it

It's never, eeeeeeever going to happen but I have one (and only one) wish for E3 this year:

Chet Faliszek and Erik Wolpaw show up on the Giant Bomb live show the last night of E3 and announce they are resurrecting OldManMurray.

That's the most beautiful E3 dream I've ever heard on NeoGAF.

Radeon Settings just detected a new driver here. It's the 1st time I will upgrade the drivers with an AMD GPU, is it safe to upgrade it directly from their Radeon Settings interface or should I uninstall everything manually and install them again downloading it from their website?

I have had no problems upgrading the Radeon drivers in place for the past 4 months.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
said this in the thread but an Arc Systems Dragonball 2D fighters is literally straight out of those "whats your dream videogame project" threads, holy shit.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
said this in the thread but an Arc Systems Dragonball 2D fighters is literally straight out of those "whats your dream videogame project" threads, holy shit.

While I am liking that Arksys making a DB game... this isn't the first time they made a DB fighting game. Did people forget DB Budoten? It even came out overseas.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
While I am liking that Arksys making a DB game... this isn't the first time they made a DB fighting game. Did people forget DB Budoten? It even came out overseas.

Again, a real one. A 2D one, because when I think of Arc System over the years, I think Guilty Gear, Blazblue, not shittty pseudo 3d fighter on a handheld. Hence, the "dream" part.

edit: wait they did a actual 2d one on handheld, I did not know that so my bad. My point stands, the dream part is something that looks like Xrd, not a 3ds game :p

Someone get that woman some clothing. Yikes.

not gonna lie, thats the first thing I thought of aswell lol. Gotta keep that vanillaware look even down to the armor man! :p

"Vanillaware look"

see, Baron knows. Well, he is a Baron afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom