• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bundlestars has some deals for the weekend, nothing terribly exciting tho. Tekken 12% off and Dead Cells 15% off if you are really jonesing for them for example.

Monooboe

I can't wait for Summersale. I pretty much already decided what to get, Caveblazers and Pictopix, my 12 euros from cards might cover both of them.

So in a sense I am glad that the sale is the same all days, so I can be done with the whole sale in a couple of minutes. (not counting the traditional time with failing to load storepage)

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Waste Walkers -- MB-B32C124EBD5D57E4 - Taken by Mackenzie 92

take it

Ganyc

C874C6E472E81286919CF13B081AC51838E2E128

256DAE79147960D6815500546C2EA73FCCCCBAA4

dress up tekken = best Tekken

(and the only way to get Persona :v)

Eh, we still haven't gotten games like World of Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest Builders on Steam. I can't put my faith in them any time soon.

WoFF is likely a 1 year deal. DQB is because it's developped by a small team on PhyreEngine.

What makes DQXI and KH3 more likely is big releases, running on UE4.

Tonton

Tbf DQH and Nier probably just happened because they were being made by external developers that already have experience porting to PC

Although the Tokyo RPG Factory games are also coming day and date. Maybe they just made them already thinking about PC

tioslash

Does Steam usually takes a whole day+ to deliver a purchase? In the past it seemed that whatever I bought was almost instantly on my account, now it is the second time in a row that it takes almost 2 days for me to actually be able to download.

Using the same credit card btw.

Annubis

Does Steam usually takes a whole day+ to deliver a purchase? In the past it seemed that whatever I bought was almost instantly on my account, now it is the second time in a row that it takes almost 2 days for me to actually be able to download.

Using the same credit card btw.

Did you get the usual purchase confirmation after and it's not appearing in your library?
If so, restart Steam and it should be there.

tioslash

Did you get the usual purchase confirmation after and it's not appearing in your library?
If so, restart Steam and it should be there.

I got the usual email from the company that makes the transaction here in my country confirming the purchase, but after this I would get another 2 emails confirming the payment and delivery of the game, now it is taking 1day +.

Fake edit: As I was typing this reply I received the confirmation email and it is showing now on the library.

Thanks for the reply!

Ascheroth

I got the usual email from the company that makes the transaction here in my country confirming the purchase, but after this I would get another 2 emails confirming the payment and delivery of the game, now it is taking 1day +.

Fake edit: As I was typing this reply I received the confirmation email and it is showing now on the library.

Thanks for the reply!
Complaining on GAF always fixes things. Always.
That's like a natural law.

Tbf DQH and Nier probably just happened because they were being made by external developers that already have experience porting to PC

Although the Tokyo RPG Factory games are also coming day and date. Maybe they just made them already thinking about PC

I guess it's a combination of engine + team.
The DQXI team has experience on PC with DQX.

Kssio_Aug

Sooo.... Bethesda games had a price drop?

I'm BR and it seems the drop was even bigger, cause they had a stupid conversion of 60 USD to 230 BRL (x3,83) and now 30 USD to 90 BRL (x3,00), much more fair to the dollar conversion and brazilians customers economical reality. Bethesda prices here are much bigger than anything else (for comparison sake Prey is 230 BRL and Far Cry 5 is 160 BRL).

Vazduh

I'm BR and it seems the drop was even bigger, cause they had a stupid conversion of 60 dollars to 230 reais (x3,83) and now 30 dollars to 90 reais (x3,00), much more fair to the dollar conversion and brazilians customers economical reality. Bethesda prices here are much bigger than anything else (for comparison sake Prey is 230 reais and Far Cry 5 is 160).

They did that a year ago with Evil Within, Dishonored and couple of other games. Unfortunately, prices on summer sale were almost identical as they were at winter sale (lower base price but also lower discounts).

Grief.exe

The amount of mods in Cities Skylines is insane.

I've probably installed about 100, about 10-15 that improve it tweak gameplay, and the rest are adding in gorgeous buildings.

Kssio_Aug

They did that a year ago with Evil Within, Dishonored and couple of other games. Unfortunately, prices on summer sale were almost identical as they were at winter sale (lower base price but also lower discounts).

Thanks for the info. I'm considering getting Fallout 4 or Dishonored 2.

ModBot said:
Instructions for InquisitorAles:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SUPERHOT -- MB-1C08C91A6233FB3E - Taken by PaulSane. 39 entrants total.

t1497043851z1.png
SUPER. COLD.

Tonton

I'm BR and it seems the drop was even bigger, cause they had a stupid conversion of 60 USD to 230 BRL (x3,83) and now 30 USD to 90 BRL (x3,00), much more fair to the dollar conversion and brazilians customers economical reality. Bethesda prices here are much bigger than anything else (for comparison sake Prey is 230 BRL and Far Cry 5 is 160 BRL).

Went check and DOOM is 69 now I might actually get it!
(season pass is 158 lol but at least i think this is just multiplayer stuff that i don't care about)

Looks like older games and Prey are still priced high tho bleh

they went back to change the price of old games when they started inflating their prices but can't go back for reducing them smh

Kssio_Aug

Went check and DOOM is 69 now I might actually get it!
(season pass is 158 lol but at least i think this is just multiplayer stuff that i don't care about)

Looks like older games and Prey are still priced high tho bleh

they went back to change the price of old games when they started inflating their prices but can't go back for reducing them smh

It may be an "automatic" conversion they have set. If a game is 60 dollars they're gonna do a higher conversion for 230. If the game is cheaper the conversion will be more fair. That's why the actual conversion of Fallout 4, Doom and Dishonored 2 feels right (now that they drop the original price), but Prey still don't. Bethesda AAA release prices here are offensive.

Tonton

It may be an "automatic" convertion they have set. If a game is 60 dollars they're gonna do a higher conversion for 230. If the game is cheaper the conversion will be more fair. That's why the actual conversion of Fallout 4, Doom and Dishonored 2 feels right, but Prey still don't. Bethesda AAA release prices here are offensive.
Yeah let's hope these pricedrops signal them having a reduced price for their future releases

Still need them to go back and reduce Dishonored and Wolfenstein prices

I would say it's a mix of Mount and Blade or Chivalry combat, mixed with Elder Scrolls or The Witcher questing with an emphasis on historical accuracy.

Thats the point, no fantasy, thats per se interesting. Unfortunately the trailer looks more like a disney movie than like a dark and gritty medieval simulation rpg. Hoping its more m&b combat than witcher.

Anyway, bookmarked.

shockdude

Tried out Starward Rogue yesterday and it is excellent. It leans closer to "arcade shmup" than other bullet hell roguelikes out there, with responsive controls (no movement acceleration or momentum), a smaller hitbox, smaller bullets in denser patterns, and an overall emphasis on precise movement and dodging.
Almost cleared the game on my fourth try; that last floor is rough.

Wait, elaborate.

That dancing scene and town scenes in general for example. Its too colorful to my tastes. I like it more like in a macbeth polanski movie. But its not a big deal, if the combat fits, i will check it out for the try of being historic accurate alone, i like that kind of stuff and its rare enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom