• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 1 more questline to finish up in Nuka World and then it will be time for the final raider purge. Had to use console commands to get all the Nuka recipes as two of the books fell through the world.

zkylon

zkylewd
dark souls 2 looks fine, it's just a few areas that look pretty bad (and looked bad on release too)

that picture in particular tho looks fine to me?

like dark souls has always been gray and brown and grungy

There are some really nice shots in Dark Souls 2. Like the ocean with the ruined buildings in Maluja and the view of that forest when you first get to Huntsman Copse.

Vlad

I finished Outland earlier today and to my own surprise I didn't enjoy it all that much. I mean, conceptually this should be an amazing game but imo they did way too little with the Ikaruga mechanic. There are a few neat sections where you have to quickly switch between your powers to avoid damage or to reach platforms, but for the most part the "challenges" felt very uninspired and straightforward. The combat is also very generic and only picks up during the last area of the game but at that point I didn't really care about the gold anymore so I simply skipped enemies whenever possible. I don't know, it's not terrible but I always thought there was more to this game.

Sadly, I felt the same way. It's been long enough now that I don't even entirely remember exactly what I didn't like about it, either. Of course, if it was that forgettable, that kind of says a lot in and of itself. Like you said, it had a neat concept, but never really did all that much with it. There was the potential for some really neat platforming challenges, but I just remember thinking "that was it?" by the time the credits rolled.

I do remember the bosses being somewhat interesting, though.

I still wouldn't say that it was a "bad" game, though, just underwhelming. I'm a few hours into Darksiders at the moment, and I'm already at that "how much more of this am I willing to deal with before I get sick of it and give up" phase.

zkylon

zkylewd
There are some really nice shots in Dark Souls 2. Like the ocean with the ruined buildings in Maluja and the view of that forest when you first get to Huntsman Copse.

exactly

that's just a random shot of mostly wall texture, so it's definitely not gonna be the most flattering section in the game, but majula, heide's tower of flame, the shrine of amana, drangleic castle and the dragon's aerie are legit breathtaking. also that shot of huntsman copse you mention

dark souls 3 looks pretty much like that picture for a lot of the time

thing about dark souls 2 is that some areas are really ugly (like harvest valley or the shaded woods), and the running animation is really bad haha

but yeah, i'd say it's a pretty game for the most part

Teggy

So, a lot of my Pillars of Eternity strategy is drawing crowds into chokepoints (doorways, etc.) Is this considered:

1) cheese strategy?
2) good strategy?
3) somewhere in the middle?

Pushing into a room too often resulted in mobs circling around my tank and I haven't found any great way to crowd control, so this seemed to work.

So why the fuck do steam wishlist sale emails do this now?

bjlPKOI.png

Instead of just fucking showing me the wishlisted sales like they used to they just add some + more! bullshit.

Do they think I'm going to click the link and log in and then check my wishlist for on sale items? Fuck that no I aint gonna bother with that shit.

All they're doing is potentially losing a sale since they're not showing me the sale in the fucking email they sent to tell me about my wishlist sales.

What a bunch of daft cunts.

So why the fuck do steam wishlist sale emails do this now?

Instead of just fucking showing me the wishlisted sales like they used to they just add some + more! bullshit.

Do they think I'm going to click the link and log in and then check my wishlist for on sale items? Fuck that no I aint gonna bother with that shit.

All they're doing is potentially losing a sale since they're not showing me the sale in the fucking email they sent to tell me about my wishlist sales.

What a bunch of daft cunts.

Yeah, it's super in-effective.

Especially with summer seal coming up.

So, a lot of my Pillars of Eternity strategy is drawing crowds into chokepoints (doorways, etc.) Is this considered:

1) cheese strategy?
2) good strategy?

Pushing into a room too often resulted in mobs circling around my tank and I haven't found any great way to crowd control, so this seemed to work.

I kite like fuck.

For my third playthrough, my rouge was named Kite.

Anno

1) cheese strategy?
2) good strategy?

What kind of party are you using? Wizards even from an early level have tons of crowd control. Ciphers, monks have a bit too and chanters and rangers can use a pet to hold someone down. Eder should be able to tank 2-3 monsters pretty easily while you CC some others or try to burn them down.

I hope 'Summer' means August, not a delay into September/October in regards to Zwei II. Really in the mood for some Falcom goodness.

Teggy

What kind of party are you using? Wizards even from an early level have tons of crowd control. Ciphers, monks have a bit too and chanters and rangers can use a pet to hold someone down. Eder should be able to tank 2-3 monsters pretty easily while you CC some others or try to burn them down.

So far I have Eder, crazy wizard, Durance, singing guy and hunter lady. And my character is a ranger. Rangers have that slowing shot but that doesn't do much to keep mobs in place. I do believe I have some spells that can work. Does Eder get a taunt?

Anno

So far I have Eder, crazy wizard, Durance, singing guy and hunter lady. And my character is a ranger. Rangers have that slowing shot but that doesn't do much to keep mobs in place. I do believe I have some spells that can work. Does Eder get a taunt?

Not really a hard taunt, no. Enemies that are engaged on him though are less likely to break off towards the back lines. Engagement is denoted by the colored lines going from one person to another. If you break that they get a free attack.

You can turn on Eder's defenders stance (looks like some gold shields) and he will be able to engage three monsters instead of just one. That will help keep them around him.

For Aloth make sure to get the level one spell Slicken and use that to lock down entire packs for long enough to get you and Sagani's pets engaged and maybe blast them with Aloth's two per-encounter attacks. At level three take the blinding spell and use that on packs that are engaged on people to tank their damage.

When the Chanter gets to three phrases make sure to summon whichever summon he comes with. I think the skeletons. They'll muck up battle even more and hold down enemies.

Gonna be ordering a new monitor tomorrow, the Dell Gaming S2417DG, 1440p, 1ms, 165hz and GSYNC for $360. Can't beat it. Gonna be nice to see what this high refresh rate stuff is all about.

Dr.Acula

Banned
All the reviews, impressions and videos I've seen make it out to be really great, and for that price with those features I can't pass it up.

Any review/vid/round-up that you liked you can link? I'm thinking about building a new system, was going to get a monitor in the fall after I built it, but that's a good price so I may jump in on the monitor early.

So, Army 3 has 15 cards, and yet they are going for thirty center or more, compared to Army 1's 6 cards, which went for up to three cents.

I don't get the Valve Card Economy.

data

So, Army 3 has 15 cards, and yet they are going for thirty center or more, compared to Army 1's 6 cards, which went for up to three cents.

I don't get the Valve Card Economy.

Arma 1 has gone for like a dollar in bundles, so everyone has it. Therefore cards will be cheaper.

Any review/vid/round-up that you liked you can link? I'm thinking about building a new system, was going to get a monitor in the fall after I built it, but that's a good price so I may jump in on the monitor early.

Here's a good comprehensive text review.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dell-s2417dg-24-inch-165hz-g-sync-gaming-monitor,4788.html

And a few videos I watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeBLa08rCVc&t=322s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg1ln1vm3m4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9CVPfPYqCc&t=2s

Videos aren't the best but they helped show off the features and stuff. Plus I read some impressions on reddit, where I saw the deal and they all seemed quite positive. You can also check some reviews of the 27 inch model which is mostly the same except it has an IPS panel and is only 144hz.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Videos aren't the best but they helped show off the features and stuff. Plus I read some impressions on reddit, where I saw the deal and they all seemed quite positive. You can also check some reviews of the 27 inch model which is mostly the same except it has an IPS panel and is only 144hz.

If only! It's also TN and presumably uses a 144Hz version of the same panel.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Here's a good comprehensive text review.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dell-s2417dg-24-inch-165hz-g-sync-gaming-monitor,4788.html

And a few videos I watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeBLa08rCVc&t=322s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg1ln1vm3m4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9CVPfPYqCc&t=2s

Neat, I'll check these out.

Is GOG sale usually a good indication of the upcoming Steam sale?

The discounts are generally the same as last year, disappointing.

Unicorn

Y'all! Brigador made my steam controller useful again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDdwoUzNPGg
motherfucking Austin Walker circa Giant Bomb Beastcoast.

Then again I hadn't used it in so long all of the face buttons stick. is it a membrane thing? Fucking push them and they stay slightly depressed and slowly rise up. Have to just hammer them and hope they register lol

I saw the boxed copy for the pc for $19.95 at Target. It will happen soon.
I forget target has PC games sometimes
Because it is a GOTY tier game and you should be ashamed to pay so little for it.
Bethesda should feel bad putting out such a bad PC version of it and strong arming their stupid embargoes.
right!?!

its the only thing I want to pick up this summer sale tbh
You and I both. And maybe some indie games and Tekken.

Steam sale starts 22th of this month. and yeah every store has summer sale about same time :p

What I meant is the discounts for the game. Let's say if game A is 50% off in GOG summer sale, would it be safe to assume that it'll be 50% off in Steam summer sale as well?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What I meant is the discounts for the game. Let's say if game A is 50% off in GOG summer sale, would it be safe to assume that it'll be 50% off in Steam summer sale as well?

Not necessarily. Publishers can get away with lower discounts on Steam due to the sheer size of its active userbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom