• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Totally skipping devolver. Might stay up for Bethesda.
I swear they need to chill with these late as shows for next year though.

Pixieking

Banned

The saga continues...
Thank you for your message.

We only have the buyer information from people that bought our games
directly from our website. With that data we can send them their full
versions again.

MumboJumbo did not give us the personal data of people that bought Gemsweeoper.

So if bought from a reseller, you need to contact that reseller, as
they have your order
in their files.

So, basically, the dev says they don't have the purchase information (fair enough), and to contact Valve. But since it seems to be an issue with the depot files, can Valve do anything?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The saga continues...

So, basically, the dev says they don't have the purchase information (fair enough), and to contact Valve. But since it seems to be an issue with the depot files, can Valve do anything?

Nope. For the Steam releases of its games, MumboJumbo modified the executables so they'd have all of the content unlocked by default, so there is no licence information. MJ runs its own service, iPlay, and to play a game for more than 60 minutes, you need an "All Access" subscription.

Do you still have your purchase receipt for the Steam version? If so, try asking Lobstersoft for a discount code.

Pixieking

Banned
Nope. For the Steam releases of its games, MumboJumbo modified the executables so they'd have all of the content unlocked by default, so there is no licence information. MJ runs its own service, iPlay, and to play a game for more than 60 minutes, you need an "All Access" subscription.

Boooo! :(

Do you still have your purchase receipt for the Steam version? If so, try asking the Lobstersoft for a discount code.

Sort of... I don't have the emailed receipt, but it's on my purchase list, and the payment details are listed in Steam's Support section (I gifted it to my wife). May as well email them screencaps of that and explain the situation - worst they can do is say no. :)

MaxiLive

Is anyone else's Steam client super laggy when viewing the store? It seems like the webhelper part of steam is realllllllly slow for me since the recent update, it takes around 3 seconds to detect any input then another 3 seconds to render it..

Monooboe

So anyone having any hopes for the EA presser today? I would love to see a new Dragon Age and eventhough it might be too early, I would also like to see the next Battlefield.

Ascheroth

Is anyone else's Steam client super laggy when viewing the store? It seems like the webhelper part of steam is realllllllly slow for me since the recent update, it takes around 3 seconds to detect any input then another 3 seconds to render it..
I had the same problem, though not only for the store but everything, including Library and Friendslist. Super annoying.
Exiting and restarting Steam fixed it.

Monooboe

I don't think Battlefield's DLCs are done yet. Did you mean Battlefront?

That's what I mean with too early, new Battlefield is at the earliest next year but I was thinking with new COD going WW2 already that EA might want to at least show a little of the next BF. I've really started liking BF again, I play BF1 a match or two pretty much every day and I'm loving it so I am really curious what their next step will be.

Ganyc

you need to buy the meat accessory RIGHT NOW

done

776B6496BEA022A74C0262C6F32A6CB314B38383

Phinor

So anyone having any hopes for the EA presser today? I would love to see a new Dragon Age and eventhough it might be too early, I would also like to see the next Battlefield.

Hopes.. wishes, dreams. Not really E3 related but I just hope Bioware finds their way back to making good games with decent writing. Really unlikely to happen but we've seen stranger things. Maybe a Need for Speed game that isn't completely annoying/crap in every way? NHL 18 is unlikely to show up in the presser but again I'd like to see that game series make big steps forward instead of the baby steps they've been taking. 0% chance for that to happen but.. dreams. Heck, I'd be positively surprised if they can even manage to make the menus a bit more responsive, that's how low my expectations are.

So all in all, really low expectations for EA. Hopefully they have something new to show but I doubt it.

yuraya

I think it could be good.

They said in their earnings call that the new Bioware IP is coming next year so they will probably reveal it today. Also they could finally show off some more of that new Star Wars game from Visceral although I can see them waiting for next years Star Wars celebration before fully doing a big blowout for it.

Monooboe

Eta forea confrence?

In little more than nine hours I believe. Thankfully not in the middle of the night for me.XD

Hopes.. wishes, dreams. Not really E3 related but I just hope Bioware finds their way back to making good games with decent writing. Really unlikely to happen but we've seen stranger things. Maybe a Need for Speed game that isn't completely annoying/crap in every way? NHL 18 is unlikely to show up in the presser but again I'd like to see that game series make big steps forward instead of the baby steps they've been taking. 0% chance for that to happen but.. dreams. Heck, I'd be positively surprised if they can even manage to make the menus a bit more responsive, that's how low my expectations are.

So all in all, really low expectations for EA. Hopefully they have something new to show but I doubt it.

You know what, I'm completely with you, better menues would actually be quite nice to see. Been playing a bunch DA:I and BF1 and menues in both have been bugging me.

I think it could be good.

They said in their earnings call that the new Bioware IP is coming next year so they will probably reveal it today. Also they could finally show off some more of that new Star Wars game from Visceral although I can see them waiting for next years Star Wars celebration before fully doing a big blowout for it.

Oooh, so it's a completely new IP from Bioware? Hmh I'm little excited but need to keep my expectations in check.

I read somewhere that the new Bioware Game (Dylan) might be at the Microsoft Show, not the EA one. Scorpio money hat.

Also a Public Holiday on Monday in Australia so I can watch some of them.

Today Steam suggested a game that claimed to have a vaporwave soundtrack and that got me thinking, what other vaporwave games are there? Well there is a vaporwave themed skateboarding game called Griptape Backbone. It has been made with a lot of love, features flick it controls from skate (KB/M equivalent) and a good sound track. It takes a while to get used to the controls. There are a lot of quirks to it but for an independent game it's a very interesting proof of concept for first person skateboarding. My main wish is that there would be some sort of steering control instead of steering being driven by the look.

The collectable coffee cups suggests the game is intended to be played as something to chill out to rather than to complete. At free it's hard not to recommend for those interested in games about momentum.

Trailer
Soundtrack

screenshot_13.jpg

Parsnip

That new Assassin's Creed sounds great.
Ubisoft has all my hopes and dreams.

While it's always more fun "live", I usually just watch a saved video of them first thing in the morning avoiding any place that might have talk about them. Sure maybe little weird not wanting to get pressers spoiled haha but I do look forward to E3 every year.

Yup. That's probably what I'll do as well. The E3 2017 | Archive and Spoiler - Free Thread is our friend.

I missed the annoucement of the delay of Shenmue III.

I'm shocked!
Not shocked.

Tizoc

In little more than nine hours I believe. Thankfully not in the middle of the night for me.XD

You know what, I'm completely with you, better menues would actually be quite nice to see. Been playing a bunch DA:I and BF1 and menues in both have been bugging me.

Oooh, so it's a completely new IP from Bioware? Hmh I'm little excited but need to keep my expectations in check.

I'd be at work then. I doubt there'd be anything interesting for me from it, but I guess Unravel 2 could get announced.

Mivey

The picture is fake. If anything Taro is just teasing with it that the thing he said in the past "If automata does well we can port the original" is actually happening
Or he is just fucking with people, and there aren't plans currently for anything. I mean, it's Taro.

BHK3

Banned
I've never had dota 2 go above 120fps. Something happened in the past week and i've had shit performance on all my games, its been 5 years since I've seen dota drop below 50. I tried everything you can think of before finally just reinstalling windows. Dota now goes as high as 160, what in the hell? How is this even possible? Has my computer always had this power and something was holding it back??? I blame Windows 10 overall shitiness and Nvidia breaking something every other update.

Maybe now I can run Killing Floor 2 better than my ps4 pro or Dying Light with perfect frametimes...

I've never had dota 2 go above 120fps. Something happened in the past week and i've had shit performance on all my games, its been 5 years since I've seen dota drop below 50. I tried everything you can think of before finally just reinstalling windows. Dota now goes as high as 160, what in the hell? How is this even possible? Has my computer always had this power and something was holding it back??? I blame Windows 10 overall shitiness and Nvidia breaking something every other update.

Maybe now I can run Killing Floor 2 better than my ps4 pro or Dying Light with perfect frametimes...

Did you do a fresh install or the built in Windows refresh thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom