• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Anthem looked freaking amazing. I love how they just flew into the water like that.

But that conference was overall very poor for Microsoft. Their first party is so lacking compared to Sony and Nintendo its not even funny. Like wow they sat there for nearly a year listening to people talking shit about their 1st party and games getting cancelled etc...and after all that they didn't show any new IP. Not one new big game from their studios. That is really messed up.

I would give that conference a 4 out of 10. The name of the new console is dumb and its overpriced by $100+ as well.

Wok

Is LiS an exclusive? Episode 1 is for end of August... "Preorder now"...

YzncDbZ.png

ArjanN

Metro Exodus
Ori 2
Arc System Works DBZ
The Last Night
Cuphead
Ashen
Tacoma
LiS prequel

Tons of neat stuff and several more conferences to go. :)

The reason they don't do this is because that wasn't even the case and you still didn't notice it while you were still specifically looking for it.

lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DBZ direct feed trailer

Fall 2018, so wont be at Evo until 2019 :(

Anthem looked freaking amazing. I love how they just flew into the water like that.

But that conference was overall very poor for Microsoft. Their first party is so lacking compared to Sony and Nintendo its not even funny. Like wow they sat there for nearly a year listening to people talking shit about their 1st party and games getting cancelled etc...and after all that they didn't show any new IP. Not one new big game from their studios. That is really messed up.

I would give that conference a 4 out of 10. The name of the new console is dumb and its overpriced by $100+ as well.

you are a crazy person. It was a fantastic videogame press conference, we bitch about "talky talky" parts in these things, they give you game after game after game and you bitch. "But they arent exclusives" who gives fuck? Just enjoy the games.

Lanrutcon

If they add Xbox BC to Windows 10 then there is no reason left to ever buy an MS console again, barring the lack of financial means to own an ok gaming rig. It used to be the exclusives that justified the divide...but now they're gone.

ArjanN

If they add Xbox BC to Windows 10 then there is no reason left to ever buy an MS console again, barring the lack of financial means to own an ok gaming rig. It used to be the exclusives that justified the divide...but now they're gone.

I think most of us with gaming PCs already realized years ago there's very little reason to own consoles to begin with.

They're basically for the people who can't bother to setup a PC, or are looking a slightly cheaper price point, and there will always be plenty of those people.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Please let Crackdown 3 be like the original and not Crackdown 2

They really need to show some gameplay soon. It looked cool, and there was clearly some level of environmental destruction going on, but nothing like the demo they had way back when. Hopefully all that is still in the game and they didn't pare it back.

EDIT: Terry Crews did mention dropping buildings so maybe that's a good sign.

MS had very solid conference IMO, Metro and Ori 2 had amazing reveals, other games mostly looked great too. But after quick look at gaming side i think this thread will be the only one i'll visit on GAF in next few weeks because massive shitstorm is coming.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is LiS an exclusive? Episode 1 is for end of August... "Preorder now"...

YzncDbZ.png

It's rare for publishers to actually line these things up. E.g. Vampyr's Steam page didn't go live until several hours after Focus itself released the cinematic trailer announcing pre-orders.

Parsnip

Some interesting things on the xbox conference.

I don't think LiS needed a prequel, starring Chloe. Or anyone else for that matter.

Vibranium

Banned
The Windows 10 Store is still tiny compared to even Uplay and Origin. Microsoft really should just mandate all games to come to Steam 6 months later, they can have their cake and eat it too.

Some cool trailers but I am probably going to be buying and playing older games these days. I'll get the Life is Strange prequel for Rachel and Chloe I guess. I'm still super interested in seeing the sequel with new characters that DontNod is planning though.

Nabs

Ori 2 looks like they're going hard with the 3D elements. I wonder if that helps them push the game out faster. Shame about the W10 exclusivity.

Ori is beautiful, still haven't played the first though.

MS seems to be less and less about in-house IPs, with new hardware coming I was actually expecting a relatively strong showing in that regard.

This also reminds me I still haven't played LiS either.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bathesda is at 5am (uk)? Fuck THAT.

I'd watch if I was at work but im off so nah.

Pachimari

Guys, what resolution are you typically downsampling from when you play games?

Would I in most cases downsample from 4K or 2560×1440 on a 1070/80 on a 1080p 60hz monitor?

Mivey

Ori 2 looks like they're going hard with the 3D elements. I wonder if that helps them push the game out faster. Shame about the W10 exclusivity.
Truly this time? Seems strange, but I guess they needed MS for the funding + marketing.

Vibranium

Banned
Metro looks awesome, I cannot wait for Exodus. I love the universe and stealthing through levels.

Who knows, maybe Ori will come to Steam eventually. Past six months the window is closed though.

Knurek

Would I in most cases downsample from 4K or 2560×1440 on a 1070/80 on a 1080p 60hz monitor?

You only get truly good results when using 2x SSAA, so 4k->1080p, or 5k->1440p
1440p->1080p doesn't help much (if at all), from my experience.

Parsnip

Whatever I can get away with while maintaining 60. Varies by game.

So what about Below? This game was announced 4 years ago and we saw nothing today.
I was just thinking about this as well, I guess Capy really likes to take their time.

Naarmight

I am sure someone posted on here about Below recently but I cant find it for the life of me, the gist was they were working on something else so Below was put back to 2018

Pachimari

You only get truly good results when using 2x SSAA, so 4k->1080p, or 5k->1440p
1440p->1080p doesn't help much (if at all), from my experience.

Whatever I can get away with while maintaining 60. Varies by game.
I see. Cause they wanna know in the "how to build a pc" thread what resolution I wanna downsample from in order to say if I should buy a 1070 or 1080. So I guess I should go with the maximum resolution I wanna downsample from and get a card based on that.

Everyone: Whatever happened to Below???
Just what I was thinking after the Microsoft conference. Been waiting a long ass time for this one lol.

Uzzy

The devs for LiS: BtS are doing an AMA over on reddit. Here's the opening from that.

When is Life is Strange: Before the Storm set?
The whole game is set 3 years before the events of the first - and you’ll experience the very beginning of the friendship between Chloe and Rachel, and the events that brought them so close together.

Where is Max?
Before the Storm takes place 3 years before the events of the first game during a time period where Max was absent from Chloe’s life. Indeed, it is precisely the void that Max left behind that helps set up our new story. That being said, the Life is Strange: Before the Storm Season Pass includes a Bonus Episode called ‘Farewell’. It’ll give you the chance to play as a young Max Caulfield for one last time... Rest assured, anyone purchasing the Complete Season of Before the Storm will get the full story. Max’s ‘Farewell’ episode really is just a bonus episode for those who would like to play as her one final time. Additionally, while Max won't appear in the Before the Storm narrative, her absence will still be keenly felt by Chloe, who will reference her throughout the game.

Is there a power like Max’ rewind?
We did consider this, but having multiple people in control of a superpower in Arcadia Bay felt a little odd. We didn’t want to have a town full of superheroes! If Chloe did have a power, she surely would have told Max when Max revealed she could rewind time as well! Strange elements do make a return, but we won’t spoil any of them…

How many episodes are there?
Rather than forcing ourselves to think of stories that fit a 5 part episodic model, we simply started brainstorming stories. The one that really resonated with us played out over 3 episodes that will take around 6-9 hours to complete. We did look at many different scenarios including a single episode, or even adding DLC to the existing game but we feel that we have landed on a great story and can’t wait to hear what you think when you play.

What platforms will Life is Strange: Before the Storm be available on?
At launch we are aiming to release Life is Strange: Before the Storm on PC (Steam), Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

What’s the difference between the Complete Season, the Season Pass and the Deluxe Edition?
The Complete Season includes Episodes 1, 2 and 3. The Season Pass includes Episodes 2 and 3 and is purchasable if you have already purchased Episode 1 as a standalone Episode. The Season Pass does NOT include Episode 1.
The Deluxe Edition includes the following:
Episodes 1,2 and 3.
The Bonus Episode “Farewell” in which you can play as a young Max (to be released after Episode 3). This is a bonus episode for those who would like to play as Max one final time. Anyone purchasing the Complete Season, which does not include the Bonus Episode "Farewell", will still get the full Before the Storm story.
Mixtape Mode, a main menu option which allows you to create a playlist of the in-game licensed music and set it to play against an in-game moment of calm.
The Outfit Pack, a set of three additional outfit options that Chloe can change into at certain points in the story.

Seems I am 3 days late, but that K-T Warrio Allstars was announced for Steam???

"#WarriorsAllStars
01/09 2017 on PS4 & PC (Steam)
Character focus: Zhao Yun
Origin: DYNASTY WARRIORS"

Knurek

I see. Cause they wanna know in the "how to build a pc" thread what resolution I wanna downsample from in order to say if I should buy a 1070 or 1080. So I guess I should go with the maximum resolution I wanna downsample from and get a card based on that.

You should downsample (and/or use SGSSAA) only when you have GPU power to spare.
So, last gen titles and/or indie 3D titles.
Newer games have resolution scaling, temporal AA or just plain old good SMAA, all of which give you results only marginally worse than SSAA at a fraction of a cost.

Grimalkin

So what about Below? This game was announced 4 years ago and we saw nothing today.

It's been delayed indefinitely.

I don't know if I'm old or dead inside but very few of the games shown at the Microsoft press conference looked good to me. Ori and the Will of the Wisps, obviously, and maybe The Last Night.

I also had a chuckle at how (almost?) all of the ID@Xbox games are Steam Early Access games.

I find it interesting that all these "next-gen' multiplayer shooters like Destiny and now Anthem have adopted the worst parts of MMO design and that's somehow an improvement.

I gave Destiny's success a pass because consoles never really had an MMO that was a huge hit, so all the trappings of MMOs were more or less new to console gamers but I guess this is a thing now.

I'll just be over here, harrumphing and playing Half-Life 2 again.

Parsnip

Get the best card your budget allows.

Assasins Creed having levelling up and loot is hilarious
Why?
They've had gear before, loot is only the natural next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom