• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

The new Shaq Fu is still coming
bvViOgc.gif

Madventure

Max Payne 3 would probably be better than 2 if you could skip the like fucking 12 hours of unskippable "cut scenes"

how do Max Payne 1+2 run on modern machines? i was shocked the other day to realize i didnt own them on steam. i played them back when they were released but will rebuy them this summer sale most likely.

Require patches to fix some things and get widescreen, but otherwise work fine.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-0D71607209300239 - Taken by Eila

Ladekabel

I got a MacBook Pro from 2014 yesterday. Besides some adventures and VNs I plan to play a chill game I can sink a few hours in. I went through my library and found two candidates: Sproggiwood and Project Highriser. Which should I install?

sanhora

wow this looks really cool! anyone have impressions?

From one of the editors on the project.

The VN itself is tremendously long and as such, has some pacing issues, but I felt it was more than worth soldiering through the more uneventful bits to get to the parts that move you, the ones that truly leave you in awe. There's an epicly long buildup, much like in Muramasa, but when the time comes to write something truly fantastic and memorable, Masada nails it. I mean, the fact I inserted so many quotes in the review should be evidence of that — and I had to seriously consider which ones to include and which ones to leave out. No doubt you've all heard how the Japanese in the game is pretty hard, ranging from ”this is not too bad" to ”what the fuck", but the reward is absolutely worth it. However, it is once again my duty to say that the game is still not for everyone. If you'd rather read a complex, twist-filled story and aren't really interested in falling in love with a great cast of characters, this might not be your cup of tea. And like I said above, you do have to be in a given mindset to be able to just roll with some of the stuff that happens in this. Still, despite *all* that, I do believe Dies irae is a VN classic that every reader of Japanese visual novels ought to at least give a chance, once they're ready for the fairly meaty reading experience it provides.

Also So you wanna read Dies? from reddit has some good information, especially the proper route order.

Nzyme32

Quantum Break is 50% off on steam

I liked Alan Wake when it came out on 360 but I heard this game is more like a movie than a game.

Is this game worth it?

I seriously can't stand the way MS game trailers end up with really shitty covers of songs throughout. The way they are done is such a cliche that it almost immediately turns me away from even bothering to finding out more about the product itself.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Giveaway -- MB-4988576E0E16E196 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 6 entrants total.

t1496354738z1.png

Madventure

According to Steam's estimate it should be done unpacking a couple decades after what would be my timeframe for death by old age. I should probably avoid preloading from now on.

There was a article I read somewhere saying if your internet connection was X amount it can be faster to just download it when it releases.
Although I guess it depends on if it unlocks early for preloading as opposed to downloading

Hope people don't overlook Guilty Gear Rev 2.

Actually you should all buy all the the fighting games.
Got that too, started playing a bit of it yesterday. Anime fighters aren't usually my thing but I feel like gettin' into Rev 2. I love what they did with Baiken. ♥

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to pass on KOF14 for making us wait a year then still have the gall to charge what they did.

There was a article I read somewhere saying if your internet connection was X amount it can be faster to just download it when it releases.
Although I guess it depends on if it unlocks early for preloading as opposed to downloading
Yeah I'm weighing on if I should just redownload the fool thing.

I haven't preloaded it and it has changed to 'install' for me so I believe it is out now. I was expecting way later tonight, this is a nice surprise. I learned not to preload after RE7 took me 3 hours to unpack, it was painful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats the cheapest place to get Tekken anyway? cdkeys I imagine?

Tfw have Dies Irae now but waiting on shameful 18+ patch.
Guess I'll clear some other VNs that have been sitting in my steam backlog, starting with Planetarium.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that Baiken walk animation is fantastic. I dont even care its fan service-y as fuck, thats the good kind of fan service, the funny kind.

indian store i presume
tXCivI3.png

that doesnt really help me does it?

Pachimari

I really feel like I need to get myself a good gaming monitor. I'm currently on three Acer S240HL's and I feel like these are some cheap and bad ones for gaming.

Nier was the last time I made the mistake of preloading.
Could've downloaded the game at least 3 times in the time it took to unpack.

Rhaknar

I have to admit, it does present a very distinct personality, especially compared to other fanservicey characters in games.

I just love how shes all like "yeah thats right, whats up? I got giant boobs, what you gonna do about it?"

Who the fuck is that other guy anyway, is he new?

I'm honestly getting more of a "move, bitch, get out the way" vibe from that animation.

that too. Just a ballsy ass strut.

Rhaknar

She is missing her right arm. Weird. Cut by a katana?

During the Crusades, the nation of Japan was destroyed by the Gears. Following this, those of Japanese descent who still lived were declared cultural treasures and placed in special colonies. When Baiken was a child, the Gears attacked the Japanese Institute she was living in at the time. During the invasion, she witnessed the bloody death of her parents and other people, her right arm was severed and her left eye gouged out. Amidst the flames, she could only see the silhouette of That Man, and swore revenge on him and his creations for what they had done. She trained herself in the use of the katana, acquired an arsenal of weapons and dedicated herself to hunting That Man down.

Nabs

I decided to go the zkylon route and use gimp along with CrossCells. I'm liking the game a lot more like this.

Wok

During the Crusades, the nation of Japan was destroyed by the Gears. Following this, those of Japanese descent who still lived were declared cultural treasures and placed in special colonies. When Baiken was a child, the Gears attacked the Japanese Institute she was living in at the time. During the invasion, she witnessed the bloody death of her parents and other people, her right arm was severed and her left eye gouged out. Amidst the flames, she could only see the silhouette of That Man, and swore revenge on him and his creations for what they had done. She trained herself in the use of the katana, acquired an arsenal of weapons and dedicated herself to hunting That Man down.

You are missing the part about the boobs. 😘

Eye color: peach.

Hobby: drinking.

😄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom