• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

80 Days -- MB-2E75E4F31A9ACD22 - Taken by Echoplx. 7 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-5CFDB38481212466 - Taken by Madventure. 1 entrants total.

t1496372863z1.png

Echoplx

Well, I finally gave in. I did a terrible thing. A monstrous thing.

I.... began using Idle Master.

Anything I should change around in the settings or just leave them at default?

I hope you don't care about your store recommendations cos that's how you fill your store with trash.

Wasn't MKX shit at launch?
Not really. They tried something different with making the game download in chunks to try to allow people to get into training or VS. before story was finished or whatever, but that kind of failed and people had issues. In my experience, the game ran well and was receiving regular patches from High Voltage at first... and then WB just decided it wasn't worth supporting, shutdown any help from it until it eventually got resurrected after MKXL was on consoles for like a year and brought up to date by QLOC and decided to bring all the missing content and features when the game became abandon-ware after the first Kombat Pack.

I think the most egregious thing that happened was that my save had been corrupted at one point (not sure if this was something HVS caused or not, but they may have done so), but it was nothing 30 minutes and cheat engine couldn't repair. I've gotten 67 hours worth out of it from day 1...

Then again, I'm a bit more reasonable and understanding than an average PC gamer, it seems... I don't call for a developers head any time a port doesn't run at 4k60 on 7 year old hardware. :D

Ascheroth

If people just look at Steamspy they can verify that not one single of the games that have used Denuvo was particularly outside of the expect sales for a PC version.
SteamSpy should also show that sales don't just mysteriously fall off a cliff, once a crack for a Denuvo game is out/Denuvo gets removed.

ah that's a shame

i don't think it's a big deal tho, if denuvo keels over it's likely they'll remove it

like i totally get you, but it doesn't seem like the draconian drm of old

are they animated at a different framerate or something?

something looks off to me
That's a very naive assumption. More likely Denuvo and publishers won't give a shit and a number of games won't be playable without a crack.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's a very naive assumption. More likely Denuvo and publishers won't give a shit and a number of games won't be playable without a crack.
idk, i could see a scenario like that happening if the company that made a game that used denuvo shut down, then denuvo shuts down and there's nobody to patch it out the game. but in that scenario there's probably something owning the license for that game that might be interested in it?

like correct me if i'm wrong and not exactly the same situation but when gfwl got axed didn't games like dark souls or dead rising 2 get gfwl patched out?

like there's definitely a chance for some games getting locked out if they're forgotten by denuvo, developer and publisher alike, but it sounds to me like it'd be specific instances rather than like a massive crash like u say?

not trying to make excuses for denuvo, just confused at the amount of hate it gets when it seems to be at least a mostly harmless drm that actually ever does its job lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my fetiches are also awesome looking grab moves in fighting games.

There seems to be some kind of mess with Company of Heroes 1.

Sega launched a new version when they acquired the franchise in 2010. In my library, it shows as Company of Heroes (New Steam version).

I went to my badges page and clicked play, and Steam installs the old version. Does it mean that the new Steam version is forgotten, and the one gets mods and cards is the old version?

tAovJJA.png

ZFJSKKq.png

Pachimari

Wow Wonder Woman was good, maybe I should get Injustice. Remembers it not on pc. Never mind.

Go buy Tekken 7!

And yeah, I really enjoyed Wonder Woman, such a great origin movie. :)

ef4e7ef6ef.gif

Thats it for now on Tekken 7 covering my fetishes.

Vazra, I wanna challenge your Miguel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys I need help. So far, my experience with using a Dual Shock 4 with Steam have been really cumbersome and frustrating. Every time I turn it on, my desktop doesn't recognize it until I go into BPM (a mode which I hate using). I was going to start up Tekken 7 and use my Dual Shock 4 but I see that isn't possible without going into BPM, but I am reminded there's a setting that allows me to use it as a Steam controller outside of BPM as well, right?

[edit] And now it works, well of course... I don't know why it suddenly started working.

madjoki

There seems to be some kind of mess with Company of Heroes 1.

Sega launched a new version when they acquired the franchise in 2010. In my library, it shows as Company of Heroes (New Steam version).

I went to my badges page and clicked play, and Steam installs the old version. Does it mean that the new Steam version is forgotten, and the one gets mods and cards is the old version?

tAovJJA.png

ZFJSKKq.png

New version got the update, as expected. Dunno why cards were added to old version.

Ascheroth

idk, i could see a scenario like that happening if the company that made a game that used denuvo shut down, then denuvo shuts down and there's nobody to patch it out the game. but in that scenario there's probably something owning the license for that game that might be interested in it?

like correct me if i'm wrong and not exactly the same situation but when gfwl got axed didn't games like dark souls or dead rising 2 get gfwl patched out?

like there's definitely a chance for some games getting locked out if they're forgotten by denuvo, developer and publisher alike, but it sounds to me like it'd be specific instances rather than like a massive crash like u say?

not trying to make excuses for denuvo, just confused at the amount of hate it gets when it seems to be at least a mostly harmless drm that actually ever does its job lol
Some would patch it, sure.
But as you said some won't and some can't and that's enough to be wary of it in my book. Even if only 1 out of 100 games would stop working once the servers are shut down, that's a net negative and only inconveniences the legal customers while pirates are laughing. Everything that potentially causes more problems for those who give you money in a quest to combat those who don't is backwards. Especially since you're always going to lose the battle eventually and then your customers are the losers as well.

I don't boycott Denuvo games, but it sure is a ticking time bomb, and I don't like it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
New version got the update, as expected. Dunno why cards were added to old version.

Trading cards are submitted for approval from an app page, so I'd say someone at Sega was operating on autopilot and zeroed in on "Company of Heroes".

Well, I finally gave in. I did a terrible thing. A monstrous thing.

I.... began using Idle Master.

Anything I should change around in the settings or just leave them at default?
Congrats with messing with your playtime, now you'll never be sure which game you played or just idled for cards.
That's cool, but last time i tried to play it game crashed several times during first campaign mission. Do they fixed it or just added mod support and cards?

ezodagrom

When comparing to GFWL, Denuvo also is much easier for developers to remove than GFWL, since there's no need for the game to switch to a different service (such as from GFWL to Steamworks).

Unfortunately though, some publishers don't want to bother with patching games at all (*stares at JP Squeenix treatment of NieR Automata*).

Momentary

Banned
I haven't had any issues online with Tekken. Online is pretty solid. As for fighting games and dedicated servers... That will never happen ever.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pressure -- MB-15A45AA2B01A74B6 - Taken by MaxiLive

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Doot doot doo doo doo doot doot
Ice, ice baby

Wait, wrong song

Pachimari

Why is it, that I have to set up my Dual Shock 4 every single time I wanna play a game? It's so incredibly annoying. I start up Tekken 7 and it doesn't work again. I thought it was supposed to work as a Steam controller.

Why is it, that I have to set up my Dual Shock 4 every single time I wanna play a game? It's so incredibly annoying. I start up Tekken 7 and it doesn't work again. I thought it was supposed to work as a Steam controller.

I have a similar issue with minor new modification not saving.

But fortunately I never have to setup my DS4 every time I play a game.

I think the DS4 (or maybe Steam controller as well) configurations is still not there yet.

Pachimari

Those are my configurations too. But when turning on the controller, I find that it takes several seconds for it to be recognized by Steam.

[edit] I'll try exit BPM again.

NeoRaider

chrono.gg should add some new games today.

My 77 days streak got reset for no reason few days ago. And i didn't miss a day. But they are saying that i did. And there are so many ppl on their forum complaining about the same bug for weeks now. But they are still claiming that ppl are forgetting to collect their daily coins. If they don't deliver with games today, i will just stop visiting it and collecting coins. I only bought Reigns few days after promotion started and nothing since then.

ModBot said:
Instructions for InquisitorAles:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Minion Masters -- MB-C5FD6398AF67B4F6 - Taken by purseowner

I wonder if anyone here still don't have this game.

Tizoc

ah that's a shame

i don't think it's a big deal tho, if denuvo keels over it's likely they'll remove it

like i totally get you, but it doesn't seem like the draconian drm of old

are they animated at a different framerate or something?

something looks off to me

Nope different walking speeds, or it could be the animation that's causing them to look different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom