• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachael

Heaps of PC (Steam/uPlay/Origin/Win10) gaming this E3 and some not small Japanese publisher Steam output and trailers make me quite happy.

I expect PSX and TGS to focus on mostly PS4, PS4/mobile/Switch respectively. PC versions are kind of a 'maybe' for those, so wouldn't put too much in it - I remember the Nioh/Yakuza festival of 'console exclusive?' discussions from last year.

I thought it was already confirmed for Animal Crossing to be a mobile game later this year. They are doing the mobile releases first to gather more interest for their IPs and then do games for their hardware later. So it will probably be next year for a switch game.

Well if that's the case I would hope they would still announce it (like they did for Metroid). Nintendo cycles through their IPs so you never know what is getting made until they actually announce it.

Overall E3 hasn't convinced me to buy any consoles yet. The games I want that I saw during​ Sony and MS are coming to PC.

Nintendo at least has me interested in getting a Switch in a year or two when the games I want for it come out.

AHA-Lambda

I don't know man; Microsoft had Crackdown, Metro, Dragon Ball FighterZ, dem indies and a bunch of other games

I will give you Metro and some indies :p

And yet MS was probably the best conference next to Nintendo =/
I've kept saying it but on the whole to me this E3 has just been weak

Tizoc

Overall E3 hasn't convinced me to buy any consoles yet. The games I want that I saw during​ Sony and MS are coming to PC.

Nintendo at least has me interested in getting a Switch in a year or two when the games I want for it come out.

Or when they announce a new Switch model :V

Stall19

If only the PS4 Pro had a UHD player I would go all in on that. Too bad. Though that Spider-Man game is everything I'd ever wanted.

Tizoc

Sniper Elite 3 UE is $4.49 for Plus owners on US PSN.
I'd get it if not for the fact that I would much rather play it on my Lappy.

I was already planning on a Switch eventually, since it's really the console with the least amount of overlap with what I'd either rather have on PC or could live without.

That lineup nailed it.

Still light on the 3rd party. That Fire Emblem was called warriors and was a KT thing, so it's a lock for a musou game. I'd love for a core Fire Emblem game.

Metroid Prime Trilogy on PC, pretty please.

Tonton

I was already planning on a Switch eventually, since it's really the console with the least amount of overlap with what I'd either rather have on PC or could live without.

That lineup nailed it.

Still light on the 3rd party. That Fire Emblem was called warriors and was a KT thing, so it's a lock for a musou game. I'd love for a core Fire Emblem game.

Metroid Prime Trilogy on PC, pretty please.
Core Fire Emblem was confirmed for 2018 in a previous Direct, no info given

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mercury Steam are the Lords of Shadow guys right? they are making a 3DS Metroid II remake which apparently looks fantastic.

Tizoc

Mercury Steam are the Lords of Shadow guys right? they are making a 3DS Metroid II remake which apparently looks fantastic.

Yo Rhaky did you get Mario Kart 8 on the Switch yet?
Also MS did the Mirror of Fate game, if you played it you'd have a n idea of what the game'd play like. Personally I'll keep an eye on the new Metroid game, just hope it turns out fine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yo Rhaky did you get Mario Kart 8 on the Switch yet?
Also MS did the Mirror of Fate game, if you played it you'd have a n idea of what the game'd play like. Personally I'll keep an eye on the new Metroid game, just hope it turns out fine.

I liked Mirror of Fate even tho everyone hates it. And I didnt buy Mario Kart even tho I told mself the Switch wasnt going to be another nintendo 1 game system, thats exactly what its been so far and its been collecting dust for months sigh.

Thats on me, not on the system btw.

Rhaknar

by the way... no Monster Hunter at Nintendo so World really is the new "main" one

yuraya

No Dino Crisis
No Dragon's Dogma 2
No RE2 Remake
No DMC5

Instead we get some awful looking Monster Hunter game for consoles.

Capcom was the biggest disappointment of E3.

Amzin

Has anyone played Empyrion, reviews make it seem like a better No Man's Sky but I am weary...

I've played it a bunch. Done 3 or 4 start-from-scratch "playthroughs" with my brother, about 1 every 6-8 months after major patches. Planning on another one soon as Alpha 6.0 just hit and looks very major.

It is essentially sci-fi Minecraft. I like it quite a bit obviously, having replayed it so much, but I also have hundreds of hours in Minecraft and a lot of it solo. On the other hand, I hate NMS.

On a basic level NMS and Empyrion look comparable but it's kind of hard to actually compare them. NMS is essentially single player gather-resources-and-never-look-back gameplay, Empyrion is gather-resources, build a base, build a ship, build better tools, get your ass kicked by drones or aliens because you wandered too close, mine more stuff, upgrade more, make a pointlessly huge base/ship, go warp to another planet to gather better resources to bring back to your base, etc., all with friends (if you have any).

It's pretty great at what it is, but if you're looking for the universe-exploration game NMS was supposed to be, it's not that. But it's significantly better at being sci-fi Minecraft than any number of MC mods can make MC itself, and they have pushed out updates and such for it very consistently. It hit Early Access VERY early and I would have been harder pressed to recommend it then compared to now.

I've played it a bunch. Done 3 or 4 start-from-scratch "playthroughs" with my brother, about 1 every 6-8 months after major patches. Planning on another one soon as Alpha 6.0 just hit and looks very major.

It is essentially sci-fi Minecraft. I like it quite a bit obviously, having replayed it so much, but I also have hundreds of hours in Minecraft and a lot of it solo. On the other hand, I hate NMS.

On a basic level NMS and Empyrion look comparable but it's kind of hard to actually compare them. NMS is essentially single player gather-resources-and-never-look-back gameplay, Empyrion is gather-resources, build a base, build a ship, build better tools, get your ass kicked by drones or aliens because you wandered too close, mine more stuff, upgrade more, make a pointlessly huge base/ship, go warp to another planet to gather better resources to bring back to your base, etc., all with friends (if you have any).

It's pretty great at what it is, but if you're looking for the universe-exploration game NMS was supposed to be, it's not that. But it's significantly better at being sci-fi Minecraft than any number of MC mods can make MC itself, and they have pushed out updates and such for it very consistently. It hit Early Access VERY early and I would have been harder pressed to recommend it then compared to now.

Thanks for the info, sounds pretty cool. I personally have never played minecraft so I will watch a few streams and see if it will tickle my fancy.

Adnor

Banned
The cheapest I've seen it was $53.99 on humble store with 10% off thanks to monthly bundle suscription

Oh good, stores are going to sell the game at decent prices.

Fuck Activision for their nonsensical prices in third world countries.

Amzin

Thanks for the info, sounds pretty cool. I personally have never played minecraft so I will watch a few streams and see if it will tickle my fancy.

Have you played Space Engineers? The building and mining is relatively similar to that but I believe it has a lot more variety / content although I'm not sure, having only watched other people play SE. Look for recent videos for Empyrion since that 6.0 just went up last week sometime, but probably not too hard to find.

Unrelated, but GMG just sent out an email with a bunch of E3 preorders shown at a discount 10-20% off, plus a voucher for an extra 10% off, for those interested. Maybe gonna grab Wolfy and Mordor myself.

Tizoc

I liked Mirror of Fate even tho everyone hates it. And I didnt buy Mario Kart even tho I told mself the Switch wasnt going to be another nintendo 1 game system, thats exactly what its been so far and its been collecting dust for months sigh.

Thats on me, not on the system btw.

Coolios but uh
You know Nintendo don't do 'sales', right?

AHA-Lambda

Why does Steam have the new Life is Strange Deluxe Bundle priced at £20.22 (and that's with a saving of 8%) when everywhere else lists the price of this deluxe bundle at £19.99?

ArjanN

Nintendo spotlight basically had nothing new except a Prime 4 logo which means it's like a year+ out.
Metroid 2 remake announcement kinda ironic given the existence of AM2R.

Monster Hunter World looks great, the negativity around it seems like a bunch of sour platform grapes to me. That series felt like it was being held back by it's platforms for years and it really needed a full on current hardware iteration.

Ozium

No Dino Crisis
No Dragon's Dogma 2
No RE2 Remake
No DMC5

Instead we get some awful looking Monster Hunter game for consoles.

Capcom was the biggest disappointment of E3.

the awful monster hunter: western audience edition is coming to PC too

Monster Hunter World looks great, the negativity around it seems like a bunch of sour platform grapes to me.

That series felt like it was being held back by it's platforms for years.

the issue people have with it is that it is a streamlined version and supposedly not as deep as actual monster hunter games.. also it is not even releasing in Japan

the issue people have with it is that it is a streamlined version and supposedly not as deep as actual monster hunter games.. also it is not even releasing in Japan

I thought it was releasing worldwide at the same time? (aka Japan too) unless I am mistaken.

Ozium

Just read it is releasing in Japan for PS4 but not Xbox or PC because no one in Japan plays on those supposedly.

will there be cross play with ps4, xbox and pc?

giphy.gif

Ascheroth

It's releasin in Japan too. And amusingly, the overall reception in Japan seems to be really good.

Also we don't even know what it does and doesn't do... All this 'dumbing down' doom and gloom is based on a 'leak' that already turned out to be half wrong anyway from what I heard. I mean it could be true, but we've seen basically nothing about the game yet.

Anyway, it looks good and it's on PC, I'm in :)

xist

I kind of wish Humble would confirm there's no new bundle via their blog/twitter/facebook, because I almost expect something to pop up at a random time these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom