• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready for Dino Mario

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Oh, bummer. No direct party member control? I would've hoped that Persona 3 FES vs Portable would've taught everyone (as in, the entire industry) a lesson there.

AI party members kinda bother me. The option of AI control works, but permanent AI control gets really iffy late-game when things matter more.

You can control them directly but since combat is in real time things can get a bit hectic during boss fights, some have quite a difficulty spike. It's obvious that they were supposed to be helpful and not completely useless. It's frustrating because the AI is really, really bad, running into the AoE of enemy spells, wasting MP (which is hard to come by) like nobody's business, etc.
While you're doing something with one character the others are doing their best to give you a hard time.

Amzin

Switch is great until you've played the couple of games worth playing then it's not so great. I haven't really touched mine in over a month.

I mean, that's every console to me as a PC gamer nowadays. I'm probably gonna pick up a PS4 for like 3-4 games, maybe do the same with the Switch eventually. :p

tmarg

I mean, that's every console to me as a PC gamer nowadays. I'm probably gonna pick up a PS4 for like 3-4 games, maybe do the same with the Switch eventually. :p

Nintendo is better than the others when it comes to exclusives, but buying consoles at launch always seems like a bad idea.

zkylon

zkylewd
Tunic looked really cute.

what's that game like? can't watch at work :T

New XCOM2 expansion.
Some showing/preview of the campaign in Battletech.
Tunic.
Griftlands, new game from Klei.
Wargroove, from Stardew Valley Devs.
Lawbreakers looked good, and got it's price ($30).
sounds like a good show

hmm yea that looks like a nice box but i don't really care for like limited editions with all the fancy stuff like they necklace thingie and whatnot. it's nice, but probably not what i want

it's such a nice box tho

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That's why you buy a system close to the end of its "life". Ultra cheap and hopefully a long list of interesting exclusives.
Lol Nintendo games being ultra cheap. They'll still be $60, or even more if they didn't print enough.

Nintendo is better than the others when it comes to exclusives, but buying consoles at launch always seems like a bad idea.

That's really a matter of taste, but yeah, I've never bought one at launch and I doubt I ever will. Waiting a couple of years will allow you to buy the hardware cheaper and offer a good selection of games in the bargain bin, unless it's nintendo.

Tizoc

It is after the sales! I cannot risk not having the game before Winter sales!

Get it if you got others to play with now.

what's that game like? can't watch at work :T

sounds like a good show

hmm yea that looks like a nice box but i don't really care for like limited editions with all the fancy stuff like they necklace thingie and whatnot. it's nice, but probably not what i want

it's such a nice box tho

Overhead view Action Adventure game. Think Claissc Legend of Zelda, Diablo or Ys far as Point of view goes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone know how the process looks like for freeware titles? No IAP, no paid DLC, just a free game.
Do you still need to pay the €100 fee?

Yeah. There's no getting around that; it's part of the sign-up process.

Vibranium

Banned
I hope TEW 2 and Wolfenstein 2 sell well, I will be there at launch. The former may have a harder time but hopefully things work out. I adore the art design of it and maybe Mikami will be right about his team working harder at narrative and pacing.

And who knows, perhaps Tango Gameworks could someday make a spiritual successor to Vanquish!

zkylon

zkylewd
If you ever recall seeing Secret Legend, it's that but it now has a new name.
It's an isometric action adventure starring a cute fox and it looks dope.
Some might call it "zelda-like".

oh yeah that does look dope

thanks for the gifs too

Overhead view Action Adventure game. Think Claissc Legend of Zelda, Diablo or Ys far as Point of view goes.
yeah i know what an isometric camera angle is :p

in fact, from the gifs it looks like this is more isometric than ever

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But then it's impossible to recoup.

Bizarre.

Well, the fee can be refunded, which may be an option in cases where the app isn't designed to earn revenue. It's technically a store purchase ("Steam Direct Product Submission Fee").

Tagyhag

Age of Empires remaster is UWP only right?

We don't know, but interestingly enough, the minimum requirement isn't Windows 10.

Minimum System Requirements
•Processor: 1.2GhZ CPU
•Memory: 1 GB RAM
•Hard Drive: 2 GB Space
•Direct X 9.0c Capable GPU
•DirectX® 9.0

So it might be 2 versions.

Parsnip

Well, the fee can be refunded, which may be an option in cases where the app isn't designed to earn revenue. It's technically a store purchase ("Steam Direct Product Submission Fee").

I was thinking that too.
I guess we'll see how it shakes out.

We don't know, but interestingly enough, the minimum requirement isn't Windows 10.

Minimum System Requirements
•Processor: 1.2GhZ CPU
•Memory: 1 GB RAM
•Hard Drive: 2 GB Space
•Direct X 9.0c Capable GPU
•DirectX® 9.0

So it might be 2 versions.
Ooh, that's a good point.
Since Winstore only exists on Win10, it would be silly to list other versions if it didn't come to another store.

I hope TEW 2 and Wolfenstein 2 sell well, I will be there at launch. The former may have a harder time but hopefully things work out. I adore the art design of and maybe Mikami will be right about his team working harder at narrative and pacing.

And who knows, perhaps Tango Gameworks could someday make a spiritual successor to Vanquish!

Yeah, fingers crossed. October is looking pretty damn stacked though.

Grief.exe

I hope TEW 2 and Wolfenstein 2 sell well, I will be there at launch. The former may have a harder time but hopefully things work out. I adore the art design of it and maybe Mikami will be right about his team working harder at narrative and pacing.

Hopefully they learn their lesson from the initial TEW release on PC.

zkylon

zkylewd
was there not a fee for free games before?

did it change someway?

also is greenlight already shut down? how would u put a game on steam like today?

Ladekabel

Nier: Automata is currently a little bit more than 38€ on cdkeys. What are the chances that it gets cheaper during the Steam Sale? I don't really expect it to drop more than 15€...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom