• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
They better not mess with Nuuvem

giphy.gif

No, they can't take it from me! ;-;

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I must be the only person in here who's never bought anything from Nuuvem. :p

I didn't bother with it until recently after Valve shut down other avenues of gifting cheaper games. HM2 was the first thing I bought for myself on there, which I guess isn't so bad if it ends up being one of the last things I ever buy from there.

MUnited83

For you.
Talking about the KISS groupees that is up for preorder right now...

It will have 8 games on it. 5 of those games are on this list
guyqB.png

I actually don't own most of the games on this list so I'm actually optimistic.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait, so you'll re-do the voting? That would be awesome since I missed out on voting during the summer... I mean winter for you people living upside down.

Yep.

jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF (late) GOTY Awards! Every year, gaffers choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam, and the game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out 2013's nail-biting results.

This is the great SteamGAF GOTY recount! The original results were scheduled to be revealed on January 17th, but have been delayed because MRORANGE was kidnapped is a very busy guy. I will try to keep with the spirit of MRORANGE's original GOTY call for votes, results, etc. In the event that MRORANGE shows back up and suddenly gives us the real results before the voting closes, then this recount will not be tallied. Voting will be open for 7 days, and results will be available shortly afterwards.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen.
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You cannot vote for the same game more than once.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released in 2014.
- Episodic games that overlap multiple years can be counted as long as the first episode was released in 2014.
- Re-releases in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII.
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Your vote will be discarded if you fail to follow the rules.
t1426604400z4.png

Not really a rule, but a request
- If you submitted GOTY results to MRORANGE, please send me the same PM. Please do not change your choices before sending in your votes.

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
Game 5 (1 point) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 4 (2 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 3 (3 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 2 (4 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 1  (5 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE

Why I want this game as GOTY  (Optional) : WRITE COMMENTS HERE

Who has voted so far
Atraveller, Uzzy, NingenJanai, MMBosstones86, yuraya, milean87, Copons, Nete, JustLynx, Parsnip, Mr. Poolman, Kurt Russell, Amzin, Sch1sm, fantomena, ScreamingTrees, Kagemusha, Arthea, jshackles, Freedom = $1.05, Servizio, wetflame, Khronico, Knurek, Phinor, Lomax, Dsyndrome, AHA-Lambda, Tizoc, Turfster, Dio Brando, BruteUA, Xanathus, BinaryPork2737, TheLetdown, ANuclearError, Locust, Nabs, Zero-Crescent, Uraizen, titch, wok, dot, Lain, NightmareTrigger, The_Super_Inframan, KenOD, DillonMabry, PandaPedinte

(If your name is on this list, it means your vote has been tallied)

Lain

Almost played 1 hour of Ori and the Blind Forest and so far I'm loving it. The game looks, plays and sounds amazing.
My only problem with it so far is that achievements keep unlocking by themselves from time to time when I start the game up for some weird reason, which really cheapens them. Nothing like quitting the game after fixing the first stone map in the game and seeing the achievement for fixing every map in the game pop up the next time I start it up.

Apparently GTAV is having major server issues since the release of the Heist DLC. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1007392&page=12 This does not bode well for the PC version if it really comes with always online DRM. Also Rockstar seems to be getting worse and worse in the QA department in general.

They had to divert most of their development staff to count all the money they've made off GTAV.

Being so very successful has its price.

inm8num2

I've never bought anything from Nuuvem because I'm lazy. So I don't have HM2 yet for that reason as well.

*checks Nuuvem price on HM2, converts to USD*
Interesting...

*brofist*
Right back at you!

I didn't bother with it until recently after Valve shut down other avenues of gifting cheaper games. HM2 was the first thing I bought for myself on there, which I guess isn't so bad if it ends up being one of the last things I ever buy from there.
I'm still somewhat ignorant on all the trading/regional/etc. restrictions. My understanding is that if a key is region-locked Nuuvem indicates as such on the store page (plus you can probably find out from places like this thread, r/gamedeals, CAG, etc.).

I'm glad I did make a few purchases from there. Not only do they provide great value, but also laughs with some of the titles on their newsletters.

Well now I gotta check out those newsletters! In all honesty I just haven't needed to buy anything from there yet, but if a new release or non-bundled game is tempting enough I might take the plunge.

Grief.exe

There was another indiepocolypse day like this a couple years ago.

We had Spelunky, Guacamele, and another game all release on August 8th.

Lain

Ori is pretty good. I keep dying a lot lol.
Reading the OT it seems that going in windowed mode helps with input latency, but I can't get borderless window to work right with the Windowed Borderless Gaming program.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Easy for you to say, you don't live in a country where publishers sell you region locked games for US prices, or outright refuse to make them available to you.

... or sell them at prices that effectively
(compared to average wages)
make the games 4-5 times more expensive than for everyone else (well, everyone else who isn't living in an EU2 country, at least)

complain to the pubs, they have complete control over what they can sell where and for what price

it was coming whether it was fair or right to happen

sprinkles

Shouldn't it be still possible to circumvent the runtime lock using the steam_appid.txt trick? At least that worked for the VPN lock of Wolfenstein here in Germany.

FoneBone

You all are only talking about Nuuvem-sold codes that require VPNs to activate, right? I mean, unless I'm missing something, this couldn't affect codes that are/were region-free in the first place...

Knurek

... or sell them at prices that effectively
(compared to average wages)
make the games 4-5 times more expensive than for everyone else (well, everyone else who isn't living in an EU2 country, at least)

Yeah, Central Europe does get severly fucked by Valve.
Wages 4-5 times lower than in Germany or France. Prices for games on Steam the same.

No, Gabe, piracy in not always a service problem.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
in which region is Singapore? I mean they have higher average wages than China, but China somehow has more expensive prices, doesnt it?

Singapore is part of the SEA group. China has the same pricing as the US store by default as opposed to being a "special" USD territory like the Ukraine.

Singapore is part of the SEA group. China has the same pricing as the US store by default as opposed to being a "special" USD territory like the Ukraine.

Do you maybe know the reason behind that? I mean it seems every "small" country in Asia has their own prices.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yeah, Central Europe does get severly fucked by Valve.
Wages 4-5 times lower than in Germany or France. Prices for games on Steam the same.

No, Gabe, piracy in not always a service problem.

yeah ... I think there are only like 3 or 4 games that actually honour the difference between EU1 and EU2 (I know The Talos Principle is one) ... and even those are only about 50% cheaper ... while not ideal, it's AT LEAST somewhat manageable ... unlike the majority

JaseC

Do you maybe know the reason behind that? I mean it seems every "small" country in Asia has their own prices.

China being left out, you mean? Nope. A few of the currencies Valve announced over a year ago still haven't been added, namely: AUD (Australia), NZD (New Zealand) and UAH (Ukraine).

JaseC

Well, I remember a post I did in which I stated VPN activation wasn't sure, and basically all GAF except one dude told me I was wrong.

You were recommending that people don't use a VPN at all; others were simply saying that despite the SSA categorically prohibiting their use, Valve has historically not cared at all about people using one to activate keys or unlock games early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom