• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If they are locking gifts, no way they leave keys apart, anyway, it will be stupid.

Given how heavy-handed Valve is about region-locking now I do suspect keys are next in the firing line, but even so I don't see VPN key activations suddenly resulting in restricted accounts. Retail keys specifically for Eastern Europe are generally locked down with OARIC, anyway, so it being applied by default as we're now seeing with gifts wouldn't change much beyond Nuuvem gradually becoming more and more of a no-go zone.

in which region is Singapore? I mean they have higher average wages than China, but China somehow has more expensive prices, doesnt it?

Speaking of Singapore, thank god Valve put the rest of SEA countries, especially Indonesia, out of Singapore pricing. Origin games pricing around here is ridiculous (DA:I is $70). Singapore is totally at a different level of welfare compared to the rest of SEA countries.

Salsa

welp I hadnt checked playfire in ages and I have $5.48

nice

edit: apparently they're all from Dead Rising 3

so I havent earned anything with newer games since september last year

weird?

wilflare

Do you maybe know the reason behind that? I mean it seems every "small" country in Asia has their own prices.

we are "small" but we are the most expensive city to live in in the world :O
our GDP is one of the highest too but oh well.

I'm quite thankful that Singapore is part of the SEA group - that means we still can get cheaper prices from our Malaysian/Indonesian friends with no region lock...
- but will that happiness last

I sure hope nothing happens to my copy of Witcher 3... it has RU tagged to it.
if it's retoractive... LAWL

----
maybe I should just get Cities Skylines now :/

Tizoc

Yes, someone else just tested with Toki Tori bought from Russia and activated with a VPN.

This is what they got when they tried running the game once they disconnected from the VPN:

fSPEqfT.jpg

Edit: To clarify, this only affects games that are bought from the store after the crossregion tag was applied by default. Previously activated games prior to that should be safe, I believe.

How the heck do you region lock Toki Tori of all games?

OK this is freaking me out, I gotta know what region I am...

Oreoleo

welp I hadnt checked playfire in ages and I have $5.48

nice

edit: apparently they're all from Dead Rising 3

so I havent earned anything with newer games since september last year

weird?

DR3 was one of the last new releases to get a ton of rewards like that. Where we used to get 10, 20, or 30 new achievements with rewards every day I'm pretty sure it's down to 5 a day now and almost always for only 5 or 10 cents. At this point the whole thing is all but dead.

No one reads me ;_;

It's not that no one reads you. It's just that the game is glorified bundle trash that's not worth getting excited over. I have so many of these cookie-cutter racing games that I've consigned myself to never play any of them (with the exception of the GRID series).

DR3 was one of the last new releases to get a ton of rewards like that. Where we used to get 10, 20, or 30 new achievements with rewards every day I'm pretty sure it's down to 5 a day now and almost always for only 5 or 10 cents. At this point the whole thing is all but dead.

Pretty much. Playfire was gangbusters when it started. Then GMG figured out that just about everyone (including myself) were juking the system by using S.A.M. or idling, and the rewards were dialed back to almost nothing.

I still got my money's worth out of it, though. Had a total of $100 in free credit. Bought a ton of stuff with it.

milena87

Pretty much. Playfire was gangbusters when it started. Then GMG figured out that just about everyone (including myself) were juking the system by using S.A.M. or idling, and the rewards were dialed back to almost nothing.

I still got my money's worth out of it, though. Had a total of $100 in free credit. Bought a ton of stuff with it.

I still hope that the majority of people was actually honest and didn't try to get money they didn't deserve.
It's not that GMG wasn't generous enough, I made 23€ just by completing South Park, Wolfenstein, the majority of Dark Souls II and a few other games.

Anyway, last night I played a bit of Cities Skylines. My city was coming along nicely, almost 6k residents, they were improving buildings left and right, but I wasn't satisfied enough. I'll start a new city tonight.

I'd like more options for roundabouts, though. I did create a small one with the tool editor, but it's still not small enough. Here in my city even the smallest intersections now have roundabouts, sometimes it's just a painted circle in the road. I'd love to have that option here :p

In case it hasn't been said yet... The whole AC series is on sale in the Humble store. Just bought. 1-3+Brotherhood+Revelations for 20 EUR. :)

Looking at the page, I didn't realize that there are so many AC games out there. Amazing stuff.
I've only played like 2-3 of them though.

man I remember working my ass off to get those rewards, some were really time consuming (FEZ, killing floor) so I really felt like I earned it. Playfire was a nice way to get people to beat games they would not beat otherwise, and then fucking SAM killed it. :(

pahamrick

Valve, if you're going to lock out Nuveem at least wait until after the 26th so I can redeem my Pillars of Eternity key without issue, ok? Thanks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
*Checks the game's steam forum*

Seems like the game will get pulled. The cars hes using are unlicensed and to "fix" this hes gonna remove the cars logos.

I doubt the manufacturers will care enough to complain. There's no way in hell Strategy First, of all publishers, still has the rights to the various Ford cars in the relatively ancient Ford-branded games it uploaded last year.

It's just about streamlining the classification process, really. The board is still going to have a dated stick up its arse about drug incentivisation and sexual violence.

If anything it'll mean an end to leaks via the Australian classification board as games are sent in seven years in advance to try to get passed for release.

Deques

*Checks the game's steam forum*

Seems like the game will get pulled. The cars hes using are unlicensed and to "fix" this hes gonna remove the cars logos.

The problem he got himself into is that he was talking to someone who was educating into a lawyer, not an actual lawyer, which made him think that he could use the logos and car designs in his game.
Now that he has talked with an actual lawyer he now has to change the logos and also redesign the cars. And also it looks like he needs to redo some tracks.

ExoSoul

Banned
The problem he got himself into is that he was talking to someone who was educating into a lawyer, not an actual lawyer, which made him think that he could use the logos and car designs in his game.
Now that he has talked with an actual lawyer he now has to change the logos and also redesign the cars. And also it looks like he needs to redo some tracks.
You don't have to be a lawyer to know you can't just appropriate of other's IPs and present it as your own, in any way or form.

man I remember working my ass off to get those rewards, some were really time consuming (FEZ, killing floor) so I really felt like I earned it. Playfire was a nice way to get people to beat games they would not beat otherwise, and then fucking SAM killed it. :(

Problem is, it was way, way too easy to juke the system. I'm willing to bet that 80-90% of the people who used PF in the first place were boosting their achievement count in one way or another. It was broken right from the get-go.

I still shop and use GMG semi-regularly, but I can't be sad for them when they made a system that was far too easily exploited by too many people.

Just beat Hotline Miami 2 and that... Was something else. Just some quick thoughts.

• The soundtrack is even better this time around, which I didn't even think they could do. But they did. It's rad, and bumpin' as all hell. This is easily the best track.
  • The story and exposition is waaay more interesting this time around. Still pretty ambiguous and weird, but there's more to it than the first game for sure.
  • There's a nice bit of variety. New characters, new areas, new ways to play depending on who you play as.
  • Overall, level design is... Pretty bad. There are some cool levels, and they're bigger this time, but seems like, for the sake of "difficulty" or whatever, their design process was "walls are almost entirely glass now! and there are tons of baddies! and lots of them have guns!"
  • There are some annoying bugs. I've had enemies leave the building somehow and end up outside, so I can't kill them, and I have to rewind. And rewinding doesn't start that section over, it starts the whole level over. Dogs and this other new enemy type have a habit of jumping through walls to get you. Pretty annoying stuff.
  • The bear is stupid. Fuck the fucking bear.
For the most part, it's still really great, but it's problems really don't do it any favors. In terms of balance, design, and all that, I'd say the first game has it beat. Worth playing though, but it'll probably cause you great grief, and you'll ragequit every now and then.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Pity they don't realise the player base only plays lol or dota. Nobody else wants to play mobas. Nobody.

I mean - you don't have to be a genius to figure that one out pretty quickly ... and yet - here we are .... *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom