• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
I was thinking of organising my wishlist, then I realised I have 410 items in it and that got me thinking: what's your wishlist sitting at?

Edit: I think Awesomenauts killed any chances I had of completing 52 games this year.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I was gonna do something nice for you
still gonna
then I noticed you removed me from your friends list =<

I did a big clean up some time ago and deleted a few by mistake. It was a bit annoying to watch all people popping up on my screen while playing sometimes. Im going to try keeping steam friendlist under 100.

Dat Sakura Spirit tho. ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
do you ever sit back and think that

for every post here there's like a whole person behind it

with the same amount of shit you're living with, or worse

it's pretty great. we're all great. we're a lot of people man and like for years here

we're all gonna make it

this is too deep, gotta gift bad rats

Salsa

You're alright man

it's pretty great. we're all great. we're a lot of people man and like for years here

we're all gonna make it

Sounds like you've been playing a little too much Life is Strange.

Maniac

Banned
PoE... Is so good.

I've already clocked 17 hours, and that's without playing it at all for the past 8 hours.

My first play session was 8 hours straight though, so go figure.

Also goodnight SteamGAFerino.

PS: PoE's been fixed, it now shows up on your account under Games and you can view the achievements. Hurrah.

ExoSoul

Banned
wtf are these numbers
mine's 85 and already feels too long
There are a couple of you on my friends list that seem to pretty much add every single game to their wishlist

It's all things I legitimately wish for and there's stuff that I kept out cause I only "half-want" it

we're all gonna make it

That's cool man, you're awesome =)
Sometimes I've wished we stopped talking about games and had a chat for a while, just to get to know/understand each other better and to humanise those faceless avatars that already open a window to the person behind them in a way.
Don't get me in a philosopher's mood, I have them quite often xD

rickyson1

Tons of hate on my decision to drop support for Firefox, I guess it can't really be helped. People sure do love their browsers of choice.

Meanwhile, I'll just keep working on doing what I'm doing I suppose.

personally i've always just really hated chrome

shame to hear about the firefox thing guess i'll have to switch to standalone or something

andreyin

Neo Member
Just completed Dreaming Sarah. Well, I already did it when it was in early access. Great game, I loved every second of it, sadly is bloody short and if you already played EA version, basically half the game is done since you know what to do.

I hope the developers will take out something similar to this soon.

That's my game! It really ended up being kinda short because I was working on it by myself for the last 2 years - I've only had help with the music (which was a huge deal for me, the musician pretty much saved my game) and some art.

It was my first big project so I learned a lot from it, though. I'm working on a few other prototypes right now but they're probably not going to be as complicated as Dreaming Sarah was...

Anyway, thanks for playing!

Maniac

Banned
There's a GTA V giveaway that's going on to support Idle Master?

My quote was from here.

I'm surprised FF only makes up 7%, especially with Chrome consistently shitting the bed lately. Oh well, either way I do keep Chrome around for some special-case uses, so I figure Enhanced Steam'll be another reason to keep it around. Glad the standalone is coming along nicely though! I just wish it was an installable application so it could be set to open when you boot up your PC. Would be neat, mon.

Fuck multiple tabs on Chrome though, just... Fuck that. :p

And yay Shackles doing the lords work yay!

Volvo fucking hire this man already -_-

Sajjaja

Tons of hate on my decision to drop support for Firefox, I guess it can't really be helped. People sure do love their browsers of choice.

Eh, all I use it for is to remove that clutter on the homepage tbh and the Firefox version still does that so I'm happy. I used Chrome up until recently when it would just eat my RAM for no reason and it just pissed me off that I went back to FF, and I still don't like it but it's better than Chrome for now.

Originally Posted by from the Steam group

After the recent profile exploit, there's no way I'm installing standalone and giving Steam a reason to ban my account for unauthorized alteration of program function. And if you're unwilling to follow additional certification steps meant to stem the tide of malware addons, I'm not sure I trust ES anymore. Enjoy your resource hog browser with baked in ad tracking and an invasive privacy policy (which will likely duplicate FF's plugin policy in a few months like they do everything else), but this is the end of my usage of ES.
I'm lost...

1. What profile exploit?

2. What malware addons?

3. What "resource hog browser with baked in ad tracking and an invasive privacy policy"?

zkylon

zkylewd
well psycho-pass was pretty great. the second half of the season is a lot less morbid which i really appreciated and i really loved the characters' arcs and how they related with the themes of the show. i wish i remembered who recommended me this series to thank them

also i kinda feel like i don't want to watch the second season, i dunno if i'm gonna watch it

That's my game! It really ended up being kinda short because I was working on it by myself for the last 2 years - I've only had help with the music (which was a huge deal for me, the musician pretty much saved my game) and some art.

It was my first big project so I learned a lot from it, though. I'm working on a few other prototypes right now but they're probably not going to be as complicated as Dreaming Sarah was...

i finished it myself a few days ago, to me personally the length was just right and i very much appreciated the backtracking as a way of forcing me to go through "silent" moments in which i get to think about all the weird shit that's going on

poor cat tho ;_;

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm lost...

1. What profile exploit?

2. What malware addons?

3. What "resource hog browser with baked in ad tracking and an invasive privacy policy"?

1. There was an exploit that made your Steam account vulnerable just visiting peoples Steam profiles. I want to say it was discovered and patched in less than a day?

2. I'm guessing he just means browser add-ons in general and how the line between 'ad supported' plugin and 'sweet mother of god this tracks everything about you and your computer' has become increasingly blurry. There are some shitty browser extensions out there.

3. Chrome, I guess?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'm lost...

1. What profile exploit?

2. What malware addons?

1.) There was a profile exploit a few weeks ago which let code run uninhibited just by looking at a profile that had a comment with code embeded in it. It was fixed within a matter of hours after discovery, but it was still pretty bad.

2.) They're referring to Mozilla's grip-tightening on certifications for browser plugins. They've established new rules for getting approved as a plugin for Firefox to prevent less-than-kosher plugins from getting through, but at the cost of the sanity of developers. Quite a few aren't happy with it, jshack included.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm the youtube bug i had on chrome seems to have gotten fixed, so i guess i'll go back to chrome den

feels so weird to change browsers again but i do appreciate the 50 extra vertical pixels i suppose

Deitus

Oh cool, I didn't know Dreaming Sarah was developed by a GAFfer. I played through it the other week, and I really liked it. It's a weird game in all the right ways. It's definitely impressive that you mostly made it yourself, though the music was really good too, so it really worked out that you got help with that.

It is a bit short, but I didn't play it during early access, so at least I got to play the whole game fresh.

I'll look forward to see what you work on next (no rush though, obviously developing games by yourself takes time).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Executing code when visiting a person's profile I think. Has been fixed though.

It's worth noting that this exploit had nothing at all to do with Enhanced Steam and was 100% an issue on Valve's side.

2.) They're referring to Mozilla's grip-tightening on certifications for browser plugins. They've established new rules for getting approved as a plugin for Firefox to prevent less-than-kosher plugins from getting through, but at the cost of the sanity of developers. Quite a few aren't happy with it, jshack included.

When you're celebrating the fact that *most* of the extensions that get submitted are reviewed in 8 weeks or less, the system you have in place isn't working. Going back to having Mozilla certify the extension would only ensure that it's going to be severely outdated by the time it's released. When I was doing that before, it made Firefox users (rightfully) think they were being treated as second-class citizens.

I can only imagine the speed of their review process once they start mandating it happen for everything.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ok, one last time for all the people who were asleep previously :)
I won't post it again, I promise

here's the Rock Band 4 survey, by the way

just in case you want to help them make the right decision ;)
just be sure to select the "I'd rather play the game on PC" along the way

Blu(e)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Blu(e):
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

To The Moon -- MB-860A88466BB0BAEE - Taken by rrvv
Deponia -- MB-35A9C9D6916B8FA5 - Taken by ArynCrinn
System Shock 2 -- MB-941E34842B7CF3B0 - Taken by SaveFerris
Prime World: Defenders -- MB-7C5DEB85F6D2C682 - Taken by SSPssp
Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword -- MB-66B6670954914FB5 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition -- MB-383805A8EBF8713D - Taken by RedFyn
Magicka -- MB-64371C6A668FB959 - Taken by fuzzy123
On behalf of Kagemusha

Dsyndrome

ok, one last time for all the people who were asleep previously :)
I won't post it again, I promise

here's the Rock Band 4 survey, by the way

just in case you want to help them make the right decision ;)
just be sure to select the "I'd rather play the game on PC" along the way
Your constant badgering has actually been rewarded, hopefully there's an option for me to transfer all the songs I've bought since 2008.

I just played Pillars of Eternity for 2 hours and I'm already loving, Obsidian seems to have build an amazing world because I'm still in the start area but I want to know more about the lore. Another nice point is how your character's biograph is developed as you choose the answers to conversations. Other positive point are the interactive "cutscenes".

I jumped blind in the game and my character is the following

5F135BE4910165B801B5572C8FA888B96DE861F6

I was actually surprised that the game even started on my old laptop, the title screen runs at solid 33 fps while the game runs at constant 4 fps but it's totally playable.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Your constant badgering has actually been rewarded, hopefully there's an option for me to transfer all the songs I've bought since 2008.

sorry ;)

and yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll figure something out if the game makes its way to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom