• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just trying to see what (and IF) copy of the game I got gifted. I am pretty sure this is the NA or w/e version you call it (Not China or RU or something). I found the game in steamdb..what do I look @ now? lol I don't remember buttons being top down left side.

Since it was a relatively recent change you should be able to just search for the sub name on SteamDB and still get a hit. You'll see the name listed on your account page.

tmarg

Oh great. Calling attention to Nuuvem like that is just wonderful. Its only a matter of time before everyone starts cracking down but things like this make it worse.

Nothing is going to "make it worse", Valve have obviously decided to make cracking down on circumventing regional pricing a priority. It's not like they were unaware of nuuvem.

SSPssp

Nothing is going to "make it worse", Valve have obviously decided to make cracking down on circumventing regional pricing a priority. It's not like they were unaware of nuuvem.

The keys that are provided by Devolver to Nuuvem don't fall under that. The developer said he wasn't aware of Nuuvem, and maybe he was just being coy, but he knows about them now.

tmarg

The keys that are provided by Devolver to Nuuvem don't fall under that. The developer said he wasn't aware of Nuuvem, and maybe he was just being coy, but he knows about them now.

A developer at Devolver might not know about Nuuvem, but I'm sure someone at Devolver does. And either way, Devolver isn't Valve.

SSPssp

A developer at Devolver might not know about Nuuvem, but I'm sure someone at Devolver does. And either way, Devolver isn't Valve.

Devolver is the publisher of this game, not the developer. Also, Valve doesn't handle distribution of retail keys.

Deception

Alien: Isolation is great and I'm loving it so far. Really glad I picked it up on PC. The atmosphere is crazy good, only thing I hate is the save system but I guess it makes survival important.

HoosTrax

Me, after just finishing FF8 (for the first time ever):

EE5BA26785411752AD3F8E00AF2642CF3853F172

They did such a good job exploring time travel in Chrono Trigger...how did things go so wrong when it came to writing the plot in this game. And the last scene with the antagonist(s), just wtf happened there - isn't that an endless cycle? Also, out of all the FF games on Steam (not including XIII, which I haven't played yet), ironically the IV remake is the only one that doesn't have stilted dialogue that sounds a like literal translation where the characters can't manage to form sentences that include more than four words.

So what is the deal with XIII? People tell me it sucks but I haven't found an explanation why. Seems to have an interesting main character (well, really one of the only female main characters in a FF game). Should I look forward to eventually playing the trilogy?

Jawmuncher

They did such a good job exploring time travel in Chrono Trigger...how did things go so wrong when it came to writing the plot in this game. And the last scene with the antagonist(s), just wtf happened there - isn't that an endless cycle? Also, out of all the FF games on Steam (not including XIII, which I haven't played yet), ironically the IV remake is the only one that doesn't have stilted dialogue that sounds a like literal translation where the characters can't manage to form sentences that include more than four words.

So what is the deal with XIII? People tell me it sucks but I haven't found an explanation why. Seems to have an interesting main character (well, really one of the only female main characters in a FF game). Should I look forward to eventually playing the trilogy?

I'll tell you right now about XIII. If you don't mind linear progression for a good chunk of the game you'll be fine. If you absolutely need the over world exploration of older FF titles you're going to hate life in that game. The battle system is the one thing people seem to agree on that can be a lot of fun, especially during tougher encounters where you will need to work on your paradigm shifting. Since Auto battle won't really save you. XIII-2 adds a lot of different areas with side quests and such I guess to try and make amends for XIIIs lack of them. But I found it a weaker title than the original. So much of it felt like the developers were just throwing stuff in so they could check it off the list. Also your third party member is just enemies you can recruit (Or characters from DLC/Arenas) that you have to upgrade through item feeding rather than leveling up regularly. It works but I would have preferred real party members. The story for both are pretty out there though. Probably in line with FF8 in terms of a lot of stuff not making sense (Though I never beat FF8, just watched Spoony's Review). Waiting on the PC release of LR to see how that is.
I would say to give 13 a try and if you like it or at least somewhat to go on to FF13-2. Since I seem to be in the minority of those who prefer the original to the sequel.

HoosTrax

I'll tell you right now about XIII. If you don't mind linear progression for a good chunk of the game you'll be fine. If you absolutely need the over world exploration of older FF titles you're going to hate life in that game. The battle system is the one thing people seem to agree on that can be a lot of fun, especially during tougher encounters where you will need to work on your paradigm shifting. Since Auto battle won't really save you. XIII-2 adds a lot of different areas with side quests and such I guess to try and make amends for XIIIs lack of them. But I found it a weaker title than the original. So much of it felt like the developers were just throwing stuff in so they could check it off the list. Also your third party member is just enemies you can recruit (Or characters from DLC/Arenas) that you have to upgrade through item feeding rather than leveling up regularly. It works but I would have preferred real party members. The story for both are pretty out there though. Probably in line with FF8 in terms of a lot of stuff not making sense (Though I never beat FF8, just watched Spoony's Review). Waiting on the PC release of LR to see how that is.
I would say to give 13 a try and if you like it or at least somewhat to go on to FF13-2. Since I seem to be in the minority of those who prefer the original to the sequel.
Thanks for the thoughts. After reading all that, I think I'll give it a chance next time it goes on sale.

At the very least, it sounds like it doesn't have one of my biggest pet peeves in certain FF games -- constant forced junction-swapping and/or characters leaving/joining the party and screwing up my gearing setup.

Deitus

Thanks for the thoughts. After reading all that, I think I'll give it a chance next time it goes on sale.

At the very least, it sounds like it doesn't have one of my biggest pet peeves in certain FF games -- constant forced junction-swapping and/or characters leaving/joining the party and screwing up my gearing setup.

Eh, it does have a lot of switching between different parties. Equipment swapping wasn't really something you needed to do much of in my memory, but you will need to reset your paradigms when your party setup changes. Basically, you can swap classes during fights, and you pretty much need to do so somewhat frequently to do well in battles. Paradigms are combinations of classes that you set up so that you swap classes for your whole party at once. Early on you are fairly limited in available classes, but late game setting your paradigms after changing up your party can take some effort.

HoosTrax

Eh, it does have a lot of switching between different parties. Equipment swapping wasn't really something you needed to do much of in my memory, but you will need to reset your paradigms when your party setup changes. Basically, you can swap classes during fights, and you pretty much need to do so somewhat frequently to do well in battles. Paradigms are combinations of classes that you set up so that you swap classes for your whole party at once. Early on you are fairly limited in available classes, but late game setting your paradigms after changing up your party can take some effort.
Ick. I guess as long as no one permanently leaves the party and take my equipment with them (IV), and I don't have characters telling me to "make sure your GFs are junctioned for the dangerous monsters ahead!!!" before I go through a stretch without fighting a single bloody battle only to be forced to switch party members again two minutes later. I can live with it.

Tizoc

FF4 is based on the NDS ver. which by then VG localization had greatly improved.
FF8 and 7 are both based on the original PSX ver. and their translations were never updated.

zkylon

zkylewd
i remember the laguna sections blowing my mind back in the day

everything about ff8 blew my mind, really

the story might've been crap but the world and the crazy action scenes were pretty incredible

Looks good for a botched port

Dat 4K.
Dat 60fps on action and 30 on intro and outro animations.
Dem Outfits. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What about the PC version having content cut, stupid bugs (special characters in name), no online for a fighting game (at start at least), no new enhancements unlike weaker consoles...???
NBA2k15 will be $11 on Amazon tomorrow. The two players ended up scoring 49 points today.
How do you know what deals will come in the future?

rtcn63

Finished Ada's campaign, and thus ending my RE6 run.
The T-Rex Simmon's fight from Ada's perspective is worth it just to see him somersaulting at you.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What about the PC version having content cut, stupid bugs (special characters in name), no online for a fighting game (at start at least), no new enhancements unlike weaker consoles...???
2 stages cut? This sucks big time.
Bugs? Didn't Dead Rising 3 had that issue yet people praised the game?
No Online? I can wait the 3 months afterall I didn't paid full price.
Enhancements? No big deal as it doesn't affect gameplay and its not an absurd difference like DW8 PC vs PS4.

Had to think about Dragon's Dogma and it just doesn't make sense that it isn't on PC.

Capcom has most of their big games already here; Resi, Street Fighter. MH most likely has some exclusivity deal going on with Nintendo currently.

Very weird with DD. Can only imagine Capcom currently making a nextgen remaster which "should" bring it on PC finally.

Vazra

Had to think about Dragon's Dogma and it just doesn't make sense that it isn't on PC.

Capcom has most of their big games already here; Resi, Street Fighter. MH most likely has some exclusivity deal going on with Nintendo currently.

Very weird with DD. Can only imagine Capcom currently making a nextgen remaster which "should" bring it on PC finally.

There is PC Monster Hunter but its not what you would like to play.

Deitus

2 stages cut? This sucks big time.
Bugs? Didn't Dead Rising 3 had that issue yet people praised the game?
No Online? I can wait the 3 months afterall I didn't paid full price.
Enhancements? No big deal as it doesn't affect gameplay and its not an absurd difference like DW8 PC vs PS4.

People praised DR3?

It was not a good game, and it was made worse by being buggy as shit, and carrying every single bug over into the PC version. I don't recall anyone giving DR3 a pass on its bugs.

Vazra

People praised DR3?

It was not a good game, and it was made worse by being buggy as shit, and carrying every single bug over into the PC version. I don't recall anyone giving DR3 a pass on its bugs.

Most people here seemed to enjoy it from what I read.

Deitus

I don't remember running into too many issues on the X1 version.

Eh, buggy as shit might be a little strong, but it had a problem with disappearing mission objectives, especially in the DLC. I should not have played the DLC (well it was free with the PC version, but it was DLC on Xbone), because it was awful, but it pissed me off when I went through the whole thing and I couldn't complete some missions because a few objectives vanished from the map.

Jawmuncher

Eh, buggy as shit might be a little strong, but it had a problem with disappearing mission objectives, especially in the DLC. I should not have played the DLC, because it was awful, but it pissed me off when I went through the whole thing and I couldn't complete some mission objectives because they vanished from the map.

Never bothered with the DLC aside from Super Ultra since I heard nothing but bad things.
Too bad Super Ultra isn't on PC. I could pretend it's Dino Crisis with the rest of SteamGAF.

Tizoc

less than 2 hours left on this lame-o ass night shift....

So I was bored and checked the spoiler thread for the new DBZ movie...I was expecting it to be a fun action romp but jeebus at that
possible new form, I mean OK Gold Freeza's kinda passable, but can you put a little more effort and not just apply color changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom