• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not into the whole walking around thing. Think that may get old quick. Rather just sit at desk w/ gamepad. Oculus it is?

Then Oculus could be your choice. Oculus has seated experiences mostly till they release their Touch controllers.

You can check out the release games:

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/blog/introducing-30-games-coming-to-oculus-on-march-28/

Besides that you have neat little experiences like the New Retro Arcade:

NewRetroArcade-Oculus-Rift-2.jpg

newriftarcade-oculus-rift-arcande-3.jpg

NewRetroArcadeV2_1.jpg

Adr1ft is releasing in a few hours. Anyone picking it up day one?

I've been looking forward to it for some time. Looks like a good one.

Yeah. Will buy it as it seems to also come with an Oculus Home key.

derExperte

Silly removal question. You lose EXP, right? Or can I farm EXP using all these useless Heaven Island and Woodle tree keys I have :p

I just gave Venetica the boot and did lose 1 XP.

I believe even removed licenses can be recovered if you really want to, so there is a safety net for removals that might end up being a mistake.

Ohhh, yes, there it is:
Restore the previously removed package to my account.
This will make those decisions much easier. To 1.500 and below....!

Afro

Then Oculus could be your choice. Oculus has seated experiences mostly till they release their Touch controllers.

You can check out the release games:

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/blog/introducing-30-games-coming-to-oculus-on-march-28/

Besides that you have neat little experiences like the New Retro Arcade:

Yeah. Will buy it as it seems to also come with an Oculus Home key.

Yup, seated VR experience it is for me. Not running around my house looking underneath furniture for gold coins after a hard day's work. Thanks for all the info. Retro Arcade looks pretty cool!

Is that...chromatic aberration...in VR?!?! Actual torture!

It seems AMD VSR works.
What is this Device (HAL/REF) thingy anyway? Never heard of them.

EDIT: The game is running on a black screen, tried both VSR off/on.
EDIT2: It's running now. I'm supposed to use REF instead of HAL.

About 10 minutes in, I like this Estelle girl already.

Excellent! She keeps improving throughout the game, and that continues on in SC! You're in for a treat.

Echoplx

Yup, seated VR experience it is for me. Not running around my house looking underneath furniture for gold coins after a hard day's work. Thanks for all the info. Retro Arcade looks pretty cool!

The Vive is perfectly capable of seated experiences too.

Its not CA. You can actually download the New Retro Arcade now for a normal Windows PC and see how it looks like.

The Vive is perfectly capable of seated experiences too.

It is. I was just saying that the small projects that started with the Oculus SDK like the New Retro Arcade (at least now) are only playable with a Rift unless someone writes a wrapper. Same for games like Rockband VR, Chronos, Adr1ft (though they actually hinted that its coming to PSVR and Vive), Luckys Tale and some more.

Oh man, that Retro Arcade screenshot is straight out of my childhood memories.

My uncle is an Italian dude who ran a series of restaurants and pizza shops. For a while, he worked this one in the mall directly across from the arcade that looked just like that screenshot, minus the bowling lanes, which in turn looked just like every arcade everywhere.

I distinctly remember Lethal Enforcers coming out and thinking that graphics couldn't get any better.

BRB, need to track down a Wrestlefest machine, pick Animal and call my brother or cousin to play Hawk and take the Legion of Doom all the way...

Oh man, that Retro Arcade screenshot is straight out of my childhood memories.

My uncle is an Italian dude who ran a series of restaurants and pizza shops. For a while, he worked this one in the mall directly across from the arcade that looked just like that screenshot, minus the bowling lanes, which in turn looked just like every arcade everywhere.

I distinctly remember Lethal Enforcers coming out and thinking that graphics couldn't get any better.

BRB, need to track down a Wrestlefest machine, pick Animal and call my brother or cousin to play Hawk and take the Legion of Doom all the way...

That thing is actually pretty great, but legally...
It uses emulators and roms. You can customize almost everything.

The experience itself though is really great. When you walk through it in VR, it really feels great, though a bit lonely (they should do a MP version of that). It was one of my favorite VR experiences and the reason why I bought an arcade stick.
Now gotta wait till July for my Rift to come...

Afro

I've read the Vive is more comfortable than the Oculus for long sessions even with its heavier weight. Not sure if true. This is crucial for me. My X1 headphones are like pillows on my head and it makes a huge difference.

I've read the Vive is more comfortable than the Oculus for long sessions even with its heavier weight. Not sure if true. This is crucial for me. My X1 headphones are like pillows on my head and it makes a huge difference.

I would wait if both are out, then you can compare them. Oculus is being released today, Vive on 5th April.

Guess shortly after you will see comparisons.

Kiru

Speaking of removing games here are some card-less +1s:
Chicken Shoot 2 (no store page as Chicken Shoot Gold includes it thus making it obsolete): https://www.dlh.net/en/steam-keys.html
Holodrive: http://failmid.com/game/holodrive-100-discount/

Now I feel like I've just wandered into an AA meeting holding a bottle of beer in my hand :(

Silly removal question. You lose EXP, right? Or can I farm EXP using all these useless Heaven Island and Woodle tree keys I have :p

At the same time there is the PS1 dinosaur demo disc so one thing the PS1 does well is dinosaurs :p

More, but before you do, install this script here:
http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/uTJit/gleamsolver-an-automated-solution-to-annoying-giveaways
This script will automatically join any Steam Group in a Gleam.io Giveaway, give you credit for it, and then leave. If you're already the member of a group that's a part of a giveaway, then the script will only give you credit; it will not leave that group.
close enough to exterminating gleam.io

then
https://gleam.io/8VQUX/10000-wild-island-quest-keys-

I'm sure this has been mentioned already but Giant Bomb will be doing an all day livestream of the Rift. Figured there would be plenty of folks interested in seeing the day one experience with VR

Mivey

But Spongebob says "Fantasie" in that episode. I get the joke, but I hate these forced examples tho...
It's mostly silly since it is comparing Romanic languages to a Germanic one, English is an exception since they have a huge French influence since the 11th century (Norman invasion of England). The closest comparison point would be other (West) germanic languages, such as Dutch.

Ozium

I've been running around collecting shit and doing what amounts to chores in Mad Max and then I glanced at the cheevo list and see there is a cheevo for winning all the races w/ every car and I'm like naaaaah so I don't even have a feeling to go for 100 percent so I'ma just rush through the "story":

redlacs

I've been running around collecting shit and doing what amounts to chores in Mad Max and then I glanced at the cheevo list and see there is a cheevo for winning all the races w/ every car and I'm like naaaaah so I don't even have a feeling to go for 100 percent so I'ma just rush through the "story":

how many races and cars are there?

Dr.Social

Banned
Is that waht's going on there....

Well, according to Google Translate...

First second element girl casual VR game, players play from a future world of mechanical mosquitoes, in order to purify the human due to environmental degradation and pollution of blood, the shuttle will use the time machine to the 21 century, while observing the girl learned enough DNA samples to save the fate of the future of mankind.
In the blood-sucking process requires players to avoid pesticides beauty attack, releasing mosquito traps, collect props, attack other rich girl sensitive point play.
VR games take full advantage of new features, develop a variety of games are played. There are two bedrooms and bathroom scenes to choose from, two girl characters, ten sets of clothing, and more, so stay tuned.

I forgot how much I enjoyed Clive Barker's Jericho despite the dumb as fuck AI and lack of enemy variety.

I shall try playing it more and see if there are mods to turn off the QTE.

Mah dawg. Jericho is underrated IMO. I really really love this game.

Has some of the best character models of it time. By some first time spanish game dev company.

From what I recall all crs were not available for every race. You had a selection of 4 or 5 for each one. So its not 8 x 20 more like 8 x 4.5, IIRC, I might be wrong.

Two Worlds 3 in development, Two Worlds 2 comes to Linux/SteamOS
Topware made the announcements over on Facebook, where it said Two Worlds 3 would be in development over ‘the next 36 months’ – so it’ll likely be a while before the game’s actually released.

No further details have been released on the game, but Topware didn’t stop there: Two Worlds 2 will be getting a series of updates in the coming year, starting out with an updated engine.

Excellent! She keeps improving throughout the game, and that continues on in SC! You're in for a treat.

Yup, I can somewhat see where this is going. I'm getting excited.
Not a fan of the combat system though, good thing I picked normal instead of hard.

so are the missions in the division all the same with the horde of flamethrower dudes and stuff

No. The Cleaners is just one faction, and there are 4 NPC factions in The Division.
There will be snipers, shotgunners, healers, etc as well later. In fact, you won't see flamethrower guys that much (if not at all) anymore later in higher levels and endgame.

Anteater

No. The Cleaners is just one faction, and there are 4 NPC factions in The Division.
There will be snipers, shotgunners, healers, etc as well later. In fact, you won't see flamethrower guys that much (if not at all) anymore later in higher levels and endgame.

ahh I see, that's cool

not looking forward to the snipers tho :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dark Souls 3 Deluxe out of stock at GMG...

digital pre-order out of stock. Whut >_>

yes I know they are alloted a number of keys

edit: oh the deluxe isnt even cheaper than the game+season pass anyway lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom