• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capcpom should release monhun generations on steam and watch the money flood in
We got a 3ds port already and u kno steam is starving for dat monhun goodness

It seems that the Chinese mmo Monhun is a massive success. They only need to release the Chinese localization to make sure that the game will be doing well on PC if the English version is somehow flopped, which is highly unlikely to happen. But yeah, at this point releasing Monhun games on PC is a no brainer. What's holding them up I wonder, Nintendo?

Dr.Acula

Banned
Stop hoarding leathers, metals, and those nekker pieces you'll never need. And get rid of all the extra armour/weapon sets. Travel light, live on the road--it's the witcher's way.

I was actually a little disappointed when I learned that ingredients were weightless in The Witcher 3.

I liked STALKER's system best. Everything has weight, but there aren't any extraneous items -I'm looking at you, Skyrim, Witcher, effing Dragon's Dogma!

Tizoc

It seems that the Chinese mmo Monhun is a massive success. They only need to release the Chinese localization to make sure that the game will be doing well on PC if the English version is somehow flopped, which is highly unlikely to happen. But yeah, at this point releasing Monhun games on PC is a no brainer. What's holding them up I wonder, Nintendo?
In case of generations i think it is because hey dont want to lose 3ds sales but personally inwould double dip :p

zkylon

zkylewd
so pierre notices i'm getting really close to his daughter and like and next day i find a letter in my mail saying that if i want to profess my love to someone i should buy a bouquet from him and give that to my special someone

now i don't wanna be judgemental but it seems to me like mr pierre here is kind of pimping his daughter

but yea you cant stop the zky lovetrain

FD4A453ED1DD752645D4DCC86A893E8C33ECFA1E

i don't even know how it got that, i named my character zkylon

guess abby knows

Coreda

I was actually a little disappointed when I learned that ingredients were weightless in The Witcher 3.

I liked STALKER's system best. Everything has weight, but there aren't any extraneous items -I'm looking at you, Skyrim, Witcher, effing Dragon's Dogma!

Pre patch 1.07 all items had weight. I did prefer that system tbh, but since everyone bitched about it they patched all crafting items to be weightless.

Prior to the 18GB patch the game also ironically had less bugs for me.

Sarcasm

so pierre notices i'm getting really close to his daughter and like and next day i find a letter in my mail saying that if i want to profess my love to someone i should buy a bouquet from him and give that to my special someone

now i don't wanna be judgemental but it seems to me like mr pierre here is kind of pimping his daughter

but yea you cant stop the zky lovetrain

i don't even know how it got that, i named my character zkylon

guess abby knows

Think it just uses the first three as mine turned out to be a conjunction lol.

I played those 30mins yeaterday morning and then asked when its supposed to click, nobody replied and I havent touched it since (not because of that, just had to sleep and then rl shit and then work)

Like I said in that post, those 30mins did nothing for me
I played for four hours and it never clicked.

impact

Banned

pretty sure they have a deal with Nintendo

otherwise the games being stuck on one platform makes no sense at all

Anteater

sjtYxub.jpg

huh they're already done translating the 3rd chapter according to their page, I thought it's in hiatus

I'm too lazy to finish dead space 2, so many mobs to kill near the end

and the division is getting old after a few hours, lol

Tizoc

Which is ironic; series gained big following on psps but sonty never bothered to lock the monhun series as ps system exclusives

zkylon

zkylewd
i didn't love fargo the tv show as much as i did the movie but i tried to go back and watch the first episode of the second season of better call saul and i just couldn't keep watching that

fargo feels leaps above everything else right now (that isn't izombie), i'm not a fan of some stuff about it but it's the best example of this true crime craze i've seen yet

been a pretty good thing to watch during this long weekend of staying home laying in bed, icing my potato foot. planned on playing a ton of stardew but honestly sitting in front of the computer made my ankle hurt after a while

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think Yakkue just told me to go fuck myself in german :eek:

that or she annouced Herzog Zwei is coming back, im not sure

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Circuits -- MB-FADF37A57CFBB744 - Taken by mp1990
The Land Of Lamia -- MB-B5ACD95349CD554A - Taken by Saty
Arcane Sorcery -- MB-FA86E8128421A1FB - Taken by Purkake4

In case of generations i think it is because hey dont want to lose 3ds sales but personally inwould double dip :p

At least there's still hope.
What a day to be alive :,) It runs incredibly slow but finally shows a lot of stuff accurately thanks to the geometry shader implementation.

i5VUXbm.png
FZsjksA.png
1FWDdZH.jpg

https://github.com/JayFoxRox/citra/tree/geometry-shader

No steam, no buy though.

That people like questionable shit, like Final Fantasy.

Breaking news: People love shitty games.

https://steamdb.info/app/377840/history/

FFIX had three updates in the last day, maybe those are related to the upcoming FF event.

I refuse to believe it.

BvgvzVHIQAE1jdw.jpg

I have always felt that I have the best possible taste in gaming.

It is the crap other people want to play that is a never-ending source of puzzlement for me.

derExperte

Removing games is the best, back to less than 2.000. Not even idling for cards before removal anymore. Fuck Beep. Bye Skyward Collapse. Rip Gorky 17. Damn, Gratuitous Space Battles is tied to Cave Story. Gold Rush? Let the cleansing continue.

https://steamdb.info/app/377840/history/

FFIX had three updates in the last day, maybe those are related to the upcoming FF event.

Those are just "changenumber" changes, which probably do not mean anything:
When an application or package changes, Steam sends out a "changelist" to notify all Steam clients that something changed. This changelist has a number, referred to as "changenumber". This changenumber increments globally and is not a per-app thing.

App and package updates do not even have to be related to the app/package itself as Valve does periodical changes to a batch of apps/packages. For a changenumber to change on an app that hasn't been active in months, it's more likely a useless change rather than a sign of life.

All recent changenumbers can be found on our changelist page.
https://steamdb.info/faq/#changenumber

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala Capsule Computers "Every Monday Bundle #104

Pay $1.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get the following 7 Steam Games

hocus (STEAM)
Star Sky 2 (STEAM) +
Cruel Arena (STEAM)
RePete (STEAM)
Journey To The Center Of The Earth (STEAM)
Tropical Fish Shop 2 (STEAM)
Rush for gold: California (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/monday

redlacs

Removing games is the best, back to less than 2.000. Not even idling for cards before removal anymore. Fuck Beep. Bye Skyward Collapse. Rip Gorky 17. Damn, Gratuitous Space Battles is tied to Cave Story. Gold Rush? Let the cleansing continue.

"The presence of bad games in your library reminds you how awesome the good games actualy are. Without the bad games there are no good games, you're left with just.. games. So keep the crappy ones too." - Dalailama

anyway, i just had to write something when i saw you removed Gorky17. i enjoyed that one. granted, that was many years back shortly after release but i still think it was well made game (for its time at least)

I played those 30mins yeaterday morning and then asked when its supposed to click, nobody replied and I havent touched it since (not because of that, just had to sleep and then rl shit and then work)

Like I said in that post, those 30mins did nothing for me

The game is roughly divided into 4 sections which take 1-2 hours each. It does not get good until you're into the second section. That's where you start to meet the interesting/amusing characters, where the jokes start to land and where you finally realize just how reactive the world is to what you are doing in the game. I still think it's overrated but it is a good game and I'm glad I played it.

I'd recommend persevering until you're done with the second area of the game. If you're not enjoying it by then, drop it.

I actually started making a list of games I wanted to remove from my account a while ago. Figured I'd go through my list of games alphabetically but it turns out it's a fairly daunting task to go through 2400 odd games. Plus I'm super lazy, so I never got past the letter C in the alphabet. But even by C I had well over 50 candidates for removal. I've collected a whole lot of junk +1s over the years :|

It seems AMD VSR works.
What is this Device (HAL/REF) thingy anyway? Never heard of them.
EDIT: The game is running on a black screen, tried both VSR off/on.
EDIT2: It's running now. I'm supposed to use REF instead of HAL.

About 10 minutes in, I like this Estelle girl already.

derExperte

Yes! Another joins us!

This is actually my second wave of deletions but it's getting harder, I'm too weak, too many 'butmaybeyouneverknow's. Someone should start a Game Removal Support Group.

minusSteam | The road to zero

"The presence of bad games in your library reminds you how awesome the good games actualy are. Without the bad games there are no good games, you're left with just.. games. So keep the crappy ones too." - Dalailama

anyway, i just had to write something when i saw you removed Gorky17. i enjoyed that one. granted, that was many years back shortly after release but i still think it was well made game (for its time at least)

Gorky was an edge case, I've run out of outright terrible games (except a few like Bad Rats or Day One which I'll probably keep for reasons you mentioned) and I'm up to 'will I ever play this?' Then I looked at how many friends own that game (many) and how many started it even once (one, still 0.0hrs played) and did what I had to do.

Welp it's been awhile since I've been in here. Hope everyone's good. I was just browsing through Steam for the first time in months and figured I'd drop in and see what's going on with SteamGAF.
Welcome and happy easter. Nice to you see back.
I think Yakkue just told me to go fuck myself in german :eek:

that or she annouced Herzog Zwei is coming back, im not sure
84737f5c968dbf76a2c60a989c7ecb96.jpg

German is beautiful

r3n4ud

Adr1ft is releasing in a few hours. Anyone picking it up day one?

I've been looking forward to it for some time. Looks like a good one.

This is actually my second wave of deletions but it's getting harder, I'm too weak, too many 'butmaybeyouneverknow's. Someone should start a Game Removal Support Group.

I believe even removed licenses can be recovered if you really want to, so there is a safety net for removals that might end up being a mistake.

My opinion though... just steel yourself and remove anything that you feel is an edge case. It's highly unlikely that you will ever get around to playing those games. Know that you can recover them if you want to, but you won't.

I heard the game looks amazing but it's not an amazing game. The person played it without VR of course, so maybe that's what makes it an amazing game too.

Speaking of removing games here are some card-less +1s:
Chicken Shoot 2 (no store page as Chicken Shoot Gold includes it thus making it obsolete): https://www.dlh.net/en/steam-keys.html
Holodrive: http://failmid.com/game/holodrive-100-discount/

Now I feel like I've just wandered into an AA meeting holding a bottle of beer in my hand :(

Silly removal question. You lose EXP, right? Or can I farm EXP using all these useless Heaven Island and Woodle tree keys I have :p

originally asked if it was ff8 but thought it looked way too good for ps1 so changed it to 10

wow, that's pretty fantastic texturework
At the same time there is the PS1 dinosaur demo disc so one thing the PS1 does well is dinosaurs :p

What say you, SteamGAF? Oculus or Vive? I pretty much haven't followed VR at all since I'm poor as all hell.

It depends what you want.

Oculus (at least for now) has more exclusive games. They dont have their VR controllers ready yet.
Vive on the other hand has a lot of interesting roomscale games, where you can walk around and do things and they have VR controllers.

Oculus seems to have the less Screendoor-effect.

The thing is, that most devs developed with the Oculus SDK when they developed for VR, so in the first year you will see a lot of Oculus "exclusive" games unless someone codes a wrapper.

Afro

I'm not into the whole walking around thing. Think that may get old quick. Rather just sit at desk w/ gamepad. Oculus it is?

Phinor

Really looking forward to it but I'm not sure if they have made a good game or just something beautiful to look at for an hour or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom