• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrono.gg delivery

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Reigns -- MB-8224555FB316172D - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat Trivia Question: Who Pooped the Bed?

Hektor

NieR: Automata is out babeeee

Some tips and answers for common questions regarding Automata

1. The tutorial area got no savepoints. Lower the difficulty if frustration arises.
2. There is no autosave. Save regularely.
3. The credits are not the end of the game.
4. Nothing in the game is permanently missable. Don't worry, just play.
5. All items that mention "Can be exchanged for money" are trash. Sell them.
6. All other items are not. Keep them.
7. You can change the difficulty at any time.
8. You'll know when you get the ability to unlock specific chests.
9. Fishing earns good money.
10. Quicktravel will be unlocked at some point in the story

I'm in desperate need to play something to help me decompress after work. Help me pick two games from my backlog to play concurrently (I usually like a combo as opposed to dedicating to only one game at a time).

1. Teslagrad
  2. Mercenary Kings
  3. Bionic Commando
  4. Oxenfree
  5. Galak-Z
  6. Guacamelee
  7. The Fall
  8. Child of Light
  9. Chroma Squad
  10. Momodora III

I'm leaning toward Teslegrad and Galak-Z at the moment, although I'd like a balance of one mindless pick-up-and-play game with another more involved (possibly story-driven) game.

Honestly, what I really wanna play is just Hyper Light Drifter, but waiting for the next sale, lol.

Lain

You buying this mint?

9c381b6e251719413339b0a1e5bf4295_248_KR.jpg

I'm in desperate need to play something to help me decompress after work. Help me pick two games from my backlog to play concurrently (I usually like a combo as opposed to dedicating to only one game at a time).

1. Teslagrad
  2. Mercenary Kings
  3. Bionic Commando
  4. Oxenfree
  5. Galak-Z
  6. Guacamelee
  7. The Fall
  8. Child of Light
  9. Chroma Squad
  10. Momodora III

I'm leaning toward Teslegrad and Galak-Z at the moment, although I'd like a balance of one mindless pick-up-and-play game with another more involved (possibly story-driven) game.

Honestly, what I really wanna play is just Hyper Light Drifter, but waiting for the next sale, lol.

I'd recommend The Fall for the story driven part and maybe Galak-Z for the other.

kionedrik

1. Teslagrad
  2. Mercenary Kings
  3. Bionic Commando
  4. Oxenfree
  5. Galak-Z
  6. Guacamelee
  7. The Fall
  8. Child of Light
  9. Chroma Squad
  10. Momodora III

I really liked Oxenfree. Very light on the gameplay, the story is interesting and it doesn't overstay it's welcome.

Imo, Mercenary Kings is the most mindless of all those games but it's a deceptively long game. It took me around 25h to complete.

1. Teslagrad
  2. Mercenary Kings
  3. Bionic Commando
  4. Oxenfree
  5. Galak-Z
  6. Guacamelee
  7. The Fall
  8. Child of Light
  9. Chroma Squad
  10. Momodora III

Oxenfree will fill that story driven need (I need to get back to it at some point).

Hyper Light Drifter is really good though, really good.

gngf123

1. Teslagrad
  2. Mercenary Kings
  3. Bionic Commando
  4. Oxenfree
  5. Galak-Z
  6. Guacamelee
  7. The Fall
  8. Child of Light
  9. Chroma Squad
  10. Momodora III

From your list, I'd probably do Guacamelee + Child of light.

Really though, you should get Momo 4.

Uzzy

Are we going to have a PC performance thread for Nier? And if so, do we have a title better than '2b or not 2b'?

1. Teslagrad
  2. Mercenary Kings
  3. Bionic Commando
  4. Oxenfree
  5. Galak-Z
  6. Guacamelee
  7. The Fall
  8. Child of Light
  9. Chroma Squad
  10. Momodora III

I think oxenfree is better played through straight. Same with Momodora. Maybe play galak-z and the fall. Both can be broken up into 'stages' or 'puzzles' and theyre pretty different

kiyomi

1. Teslagrad
  2. Mercenary Kings
  3. Bionic Commando
  4. Oxenfree
  5. Galak-Z
  6. Guacamelee
  7. The Fall
  8. Child of Light
  9. Chroma Squad
  10. Momodora III

The Fall, you could just burn through it in one or two evenings. :)

Axass

Thanks for the welcome, I heard good things about Hollow Knight.

This is my profile.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198236814274/

Vazra invited me to the group already.

I actually enjoy both of those series, RPGs are my thing.

Hollow Knight is majestic, I actually put Zelda on hold a few weeks ago to finish it. It's that good. I'd say that as far as Metroidvanias go, it shits on Super Metroid from a great height*.

*exaggeration to drive my point across.

JarrodL

7212_md.png

All the right lessons from the ME3 PR nightmare have been learnt, I see.

I don't get it ... why would you say something like this ? The interview is nearly a year old, but I doubt their animations were somehow magically better looking at that stage.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Waifu The Game -- MB-F945878894BC0DEE - Taken by xelios. 44 entrants total.

t1489781885z1.png

Regginator

75% is the de facto ceiling when it comes to back catalogue titles from larger publishers.

True, but for a 5 year old game (4 year for the GOTY) a base price of €44,99 seems kinda on the high side. I doubt Borderlands 2 is still selling that much for them to keep the price intact.

Eila

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Waifu The Game -- MB-F945878894BC0DEE - Taken by xelios. 44 entrants total.

t1489781885z1.png

a60e3146701b1e09721ca9f25af11ae0_thinking-emojipng-thinking-emoji_370-260.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom