• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

OK, got to the first save point in Nier
after getting ending W once oops

Locks at 60fps during gameplay, which is fine, but the videos, which report 30fps, are clearly not, they seem to be running at like 20 or something.

So from what I'm reading above, if I am running at 1440p fullscreen it really isn't? It does look a little jaggy. Does it run borderless windowed? I didn't see that option.

Actually what happened is I got to a point where it asked me to set my brightness and it wouldn't let me save the change. I had to force quit the game and go do some work but I'll have to check it out later.

Also, what is texture filtering? Do I want that high or low?

I wonder if they're running at a cinematic 24 frames, then that would cause all kinds of issues with refresh rates.

It's possible that you aren't running at 1440p when using in game full screen. Use Borderless windowed mode and see if your IQ improves.

Ascheroth

OK, got to the first save point in Nier
after getting ending W once oops

Locks at 60fps during gameplay, which is fine, but the videos, which report 30fps, are clearly not, they seem to be running at like 20 or something.

So from what I'm reading above, if I am running at 1440p fullscreen it really isn't? It does look a little jaggy. Does it run borderless windowed? I didn't see that option.

Actually what happened is I got to a point where it asked me to set my brightness and it wouldn't let me save the change. I had to force quit the game and go do some work but I'll have to check it out later.

Also, what is texture filtering? Do I want that high or low?
Use windowed and install Borderless Gaming, works like a charm.
You want texture filtering all the way up.

Shengar

NieR fans from SEA region, we will get NieR Automata on Steam in April.

https://twitter.com/NieR_JPN/status/842789596530266112

Sooooo my guess turned to be correct. Squenix wants that China money but decided it on the last minute, drag the game release on the whole region for an entire month. This wouldn't be a problem since Traditional/Simplified Chinese localization means a lot for Chinese gamer. However, the problem is that Southeast Asia does not compromised of Chinese speaking country. In fact most of us are playing games in English. Square-Enix, how about you do a fucking research on your former conquered territories neighbor before do a region wide locking of the game?

I'm genuinely upset with this half-assed Square Enix fuckery drag the release of a game for a whole region

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse -- MB-7940F992D9323B7B - Taken by fspm. 6 entrants total.

t1489776466z1.png

Anteater

Sooooo my guess turned to be correct. Squenix wants that China money but decided it on the last minute, drag the game release on the whole region for an entire month. This wouldn't be a problem since Traditional/Simplified Chinese localization means a lot for Chinese gamer. However, the problem is that Southeast Asia does not compromised of Chinese speaking country. In fact most of us are playing games in English. Square-Enix, how about you do a fucking research on your former conquered territories neighbor before do a region wide locking of the game?

I'm genuinely upset with this half-assed Square Enix fuckery drag the release of a game for a whole region

yeah basically they're still making a version for asia that has chinese subs and jp voice, just like ff13 and they want everyone in asia/SEA to use that version, but they're not done so everyone is forced to wait lol

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 8 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) #3 -- MB-42E4CD6B9C81DB6D - Taken by fifasnipe2224
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-1DACE18811985EFE
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) #2 -- MB-7AE58CFB27DBCDC1
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-0AFF013E48B6063D
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) #2 -- MB-E6D397626D8F36D4
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-A4705A273FB16B26
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) #2 -- MB-E23C591E803EB34F
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) #3 -- MB-0A57B5DD55BC40B3

Teggy

I wonder if they're running at a cinematic 24 frames, then that would cause all kinds of issues with refresh rates.

It's possible that you aren't running at 1440p when using in game full screen. Use Borderless windowed mode and see if your IQ improves.

Use windowed and install Borderless Gaming, works like a charm.
You want texture filtering all the way up.

OK, will give it a shot.

Anteater

Speaking of pushing buttons, I'm thinking about changing dodge to RB and shoot to R2. It'll probably awful when I try but what the heck.

yea i find myself pressing R1 to dodge sometimes or at least those two fingers were getting confused, I might try that too

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Game -- MB-DF26854B6634DB6E - Taken by Henry Swanson. 9 entrants total.

t1489778955z1.png

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm probably changing my original pick to a combo of The Fall/Oxenfree (for story) and Galak-Z/Mercenary Kings (for pick-up-play).

Really though, you should get Momo 4.
Lol, it's very much on the to play list right along with Hyper Light Drifter.

I think oxenfree is better played through straight. Same with Momodora. Maybe play galak-z and the fall. Both can be broken up into 'stages' or 'puzzles' and theyre pretty different
Oh nice, chunk-able games fit right into what I'm looking for.

FLD

Damn, even on low settings I can't seem to get a steady 60fps in NieR. Keeps dropping to the 40s. I'd rather play it like that than not at all but still, bummer. :(

Shengar

yeah basically they're still making a version for asia that has chinese subs and jp voice, just like ff13 and they want everyone in asia/SEA to use that version, but they're not done so everyone is forced to wait lol

They're just need more research on this region, that's all. There should be no reason at all to barring this game from non-chinese speaking countries (excluding Singapore because they speak Singaporean English).

====

Anyway, started the game and it opened with a shmup section. This is a Yoko Taro game alright. Used the borderless gaming program with 1080p resolution. My card seems can't handle antialiasing above 4x without the FPS hit hards. Otherwise the game run smoothly, no crashes at all. With all the shmup section of this game, controller is preferable even when you can freely aim the pod.

Also I always have this difficulty differing a game with 60fps or not until I tasted its lower resolution. I thought the game running subparly on framerate department until I turned off the blur and it moves exactly as a 60fps supposed to be, at least for me anyway. Is it strange that I can't feel 60fps right away? I can instantly see them on video but somehow not when playing the game unless I have played it on subpar framerate before.

Damn, even on low settings I can't seem to get a steady 60fps in NieR. Keeps dropping to the 40s. I'd rather play it like that than not at all but still, bummer. :(

What's your spec?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nier is deffinately frame-y, which is weird because its not exactly a looker. Game itself is fun, I like the constant viewpoint changes, and the action is the tipical platinum goodness.

But, losing 30 minutes of progress from dying at a boss and the game restarting because the developer is SO WACKY GUYZ and made it so you cant save until later is... I have no words.

edit: cant even skip cutscenes lol

Shengar

Nier is deffinately frame-y, which is weird because its not exactly a looker. Game itself is fun, I like the constant viewpoint changes, and the action is the tipical platinum goodness.

But, losing 30 minutes of progress from dying at a boss and the game restarting because the developer is SO WACKY GUYZ and made it so you cant save until later is... I have no words.

edit: cant even skip cutscenes lol

There's hold b button prompt to skip non-combat sequence and you can skip cutscene by opening up the pause screen first. I don't if it's available from the start since I accidentally found it when I fought the twin grinder boss on the bridge.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Can I tempt you? -- MB-9B8C8DCD98F45A99 - Taken by Dream_Journey

FLD

Strange, that should more than enough to run it at stable 60fps. You spec almost similar to mine, only that I used AMD 280x. I wonder if this is Nvidia related issue.

Yeah, I'll mess around with it a bit more later on. I feel it should run better at least on low.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There's hold b button prompt to skip non-combat sequence and you can skip cutscene by opening up the pause screen first. I don't if it's available from the start since I accidentally found it when I fought the twin grinder boss on the bridge.

yeah was just going to correct myself since I just saw that prompt. Thats on me. The restarting is still absolutely ridiculous tho.

zkylon

zkylewd
those hexa games look fucking gorgeous

is there a way to know from the steam app how the nier preloading is going

i want to know if i should go out with friends or not tonight lol

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FeedMeAStrayCat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-1897145566F77851 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 1 entrants total.
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-F73E350C41510A34 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks. 2 entrants total.

t1489791030z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom