• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Angel Express [Tokkyu Tenshi] -- MB-31D6FA9EF7504F93 - Taken by Black Soma
BalanCity -- MB-AE65B670BB12D782 - Taken by Eila
Board Defenders -- MB-1D4694BAD77CDEAD - Taken by dot
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils -- MB-1F6673E22405427E - Taken by Battlechili1
Diadra Empty -- MB-30B26E813100300E - Taken by alr1ght
Domestic Dog -- MB-FD6A75CE3162F386 - Taken by Megauap
Gun Monkeys -- MB-D51C3455FF9ED6F2
GundeadliGne -- MB-D7EFD15AC1C14171 - Taken by Dream_Journey
Gundemonium Recollection -- MB-D4C2A5259D13735E - Taken by Kifimbo
Hellphobia -- MB-2275B1094D47FEFE - Taken by Abomination
Higota Happa -- MB-229C387A15D3EDCA - Taken by Megauap
ShipLord -- MB-8872E8A0DD37C99B - Taken by liezryou
Suguri Collection (Suguri Plus Acceleration of Suguri) -- MB-AEC111CF10C28490 - Taken by KainXVIII
cloudphobia -- MB-38F3570BF5F52B29 - Taken by Kagemusha

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Lolwut. Talk about misleading.

I was disappointed too. I thought maybe it was going to be something like a banned game. Instead I got $0.99 venison. But hey, at least I finally won a raffle. :eek:)

I haven't even played Heist yet, so no confusion here. If you wanna make sure maybe check out a quick look on YouTube or something but they're really not all that similar. You need to stretch the definition of a metroidvania quite a bit to classify Steamworld Dig as one.

Hollow Knight is your typical metroid-like "large inter-connected world with exploration gated by mobility upgrades." Steamworld Dig isn't really like that. The exploration is more focused around digging, the overall structure isn't the same and it's more linear.

Alright, tyvm. Think I'll pick them both up then.

Battlechili

Banned
Nier Automata is everything I could've asked for and then some. I'm only in the beginning of the game and I've already gotten a game over. And that game over is apparently one of the game's endings. I'm in love.

It opens as a shmup and that's incredible.

So, played an hour of Nier.

OK, so I used the borderless window application from the start since people where saying it improved performance.

I'm on a 280X and at 1080p with AA off and medium shadow quality I'm getting mostly 60fps during gameplay.
I'm having issues with the controller though (360 controller), when there's a tutorial prompt on screen it appears with the keyboard prompt and when I press a button on the controller the prompt shakes like crazy switching between both prompts.
Also, the mouse cursor randomly appears in the center of the screen.

Anyway, I love the game so much, the little throwbacks in the music to melodies of the first game hit me right in the feels.

I was disappointed too. I thought maybe it was going to be something like a banned game. Instead I got $0.99 venison. But hey, at least I finally won a raffle. :eek:)

Gotta buy banned game 2 then soon.

Banned game 1 is kinda boring. Played banned game 1 yesterday for a bit and it feels like a cheap rpg maker game with torture mechanics.

PUB top game on Twitch for beta weekend...damn. The thirst is real
C7JsUj-XwAQcgn0.jpg

Teggy

Are the places you find players dead bodies in Nier the place that they actually died? Because I don't know how some of these people managed to die.

Wok

Gotta buy banned game 2 then soon.

Banned game 1 is kinda boring. Played banned game 1 yesterday for a bit and it feels like a cheap rpg maker game with torture mechanics.

Would this be a good candidate for banned game 3?

Save the world and find the girl of your dreams in this fantastic JRPG reminiscent of Dragon Quest and worth 8 hours of playtime.

Steam, these days, is all about selling 2D top-view RPG games with anime waifus.

One visual art of the only waifu, no puncutation in the dialogues.

Are the places you find players dead bodies in Nier the place that they actually died? Because I don't know how some of these people managed to die.

Yeah I kinda wondered that as well,
unless they accidentally or intentionally self destructed themselves
I cant imagine how they died there.

Also
The Machine Village music is so precious :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-0F0A179D6C73F09D - Taken by aqws. 4 entrants total.

t1489791336z1.png

Nillansan

I've been playing Nier Automata for about 2 hours now. I am getting locked 60 FPS at 1440P with the following settings.

V-Sync - Off (as I have a G-Sync monitor - Acer XB271HU).
AA - Off.
Texture Filter - 16 X.
Blur - Off.
Shadows - High.
Effects - High.
AO - On.

I am able to achieve this with the following specifications. 3570K overclocked to 4.5 GHz, 980 TI and 16 GB RAM (DDR3 - 1600MHz). I've installed the game on a SSD. I am going to try with a bit of AA.

Steam, these days, is all about selling 2D top-view RPG games with anime waifus.

This actually looks like their "Overworld" has a better leveldesign than Banned Game 1.

I've been playing Nier Automata for about 2 hours now. I am getting locked 60 FPS at 1440P (V-Sync - Off, AA - Off, Texture Filter - 16 X, Blur - Off, Shadows - High, Effects - High and AO - On) on the following specifications. 3570K overclocked to 4.5 GHz, 980 TI and 16 GB RAM (DDR3 - 1600MHz). I've installed the game on a SSD. I am going to try with a bit of AA.

I'm being hit by karma because all the games that worked bad for other people had no issues on my machine. On a similar setup (3570k @4ghz, 16gb 1866 ram, gtx 1070) I get constant stuttering on NieR: Automata at 1080p. Tried disabling AA, no dice.
Weirdest thing is that at first it ran fine.

I guess that could be it.
Why on earth would you want to do that

Madness.

Wok

There are many Greenlight games like the one which I have mentioned before. Waifu on the cover and a few screenshots, but the game does not include more visuals. The difference is the game I mentioned before is actually on Steam.

Nillansan

I'm being hit by karma because all the games that worked bad for other people had no issues on my machine. On a similar setup (3570k @4ghz, 16gb 1866 ram, gtx 1070) I get constant stuttering on NieR: Automata at 1080p. Tried disabling AA, no dice. Weirdest thing is that at first it ran fine.

That's odd. I did a completely fresh install of Windows 7 this week in anticipation of Nier Automata. I keep my gaming PC completely clean, I don't install anything else than Steam and games on that machine, besides the few gaming specific tools that I use. I don't even browse the internet on it. I don't know if that has an impact on performance or if it's just a dose of OCD, but I rarely experience any issues on this setup.

"Waifu the Game" was The Deer, which I already owned. Quote to reveal the key.

charlotte1.jpg

???

At least one person on NeoGAF thinks she's a waifu.

Yikes, that isn't even subtle with its wish fulfillment.

Nillansan

I'm being hit by karma because all the games that worked bad for other people had no issues on my machine. On a similar setup (3570k @4ghz, 16gb 1866 ram, gtx 1070) I get constant stuttering on NieR: Automata at 1080p. Tried disabling AA, no dice. Weirdest thing is that at first it ran fine.

Did you try to manually cap the frame rate to 60 using RTSS?

FX6300 3.50GHz, 8GB RAM, R9 270 2GB.

I am not all that familiar with AMD hardware, but hopefully the game scales well.

Annubis

WTF is this shit?!
Her portrait doesn't look anything like her

r3n4ud

No issues with Nier here. Have i7 6700k, 1080, 16 GB ram. Downsampling 2880x1620. Pretty steady 60fps with small dips in high 50's.

Vsync on
AA 4x
TF 4x
Blur on
Shadows high
Effect high
AO on

Also, how come people are dying in the first section. You collect plenty of restorative items along the way.

When I start Nier up the initial Square Enix and Platnium logos show, than the terminal style graphics for the initial load but straight after the screen goes black. You can hear the music, and navigate the menus blindly for about a minute and then steam itself crashes and the game soon after.

Other games are working with no issues. 980Ti, latest drivers. Have tried on 4k and 144hz monitor. Tried setting that to 60, turned gsync off, and nothing works.

Anyone had a similar problem and found a solution or have any suggestions? I don't have a corsair keyboard One other person in the forums has the same problem but no solutions or suggestions :/

Really just want to play!

Nillansan

Also, how come people are dying in the first section. You collect plenty of restorative items along the way.

I felt that Normal difficulty was a bit too generous with those restorative items so I am going to start a new game on Hard difficulty and see where that takes me.

When I start Nier up the initial Square Enix and Platnium logos show, than the terminal style graphics for the initial load but straight after the screen goes black. You can hear the music, and navigate the menus blindly for about a minute and then steam itself crashes and the game soon after.

Other games are working with no issues. 980Ti, latest drivers. Have tried on 4k and 144hz monitor. Tried setting that to 60, turned gsync off, and nothing works.

Anyone had a similar problem and found a solution or have any suggestions? I don't have a corsair keyboard One other person in the forums has the same problem but no solutions or suggestions :/

Have you tried to launch the game in borderless windowed mode using Borderless Gaming?

r3n4ud

Not sure if you seen my response in the performance thread...

Happened to a few games I've played. What usually works for me is reinstalling the redist files in the game install folder. For Nier, it's the _CommonRedist folder. Maybe try installing DXSETUP. Manaully installing all the other redist files would take awhile since there's lots of them.

Actually, have you verified the game files?

Nzyme32

Also flawless performance with Nier, with the exception of the pre-rendered cutscenes which run at 30fps but seem to playback at something like 20fps.

I'm only at 1680x1050 with a GTX 1060 / i5-6600k / 16gb ram, everything on high / 16x AA / 8x MSAA. Locked 60fps.

I tried downsampling at 1.5x but get around 55 to 45fps drops now and then outside of 60fps, so I'm pretty content to just stick out with 8x MSAA - which looks damn fine.

Shame about the cutscenes being ass, and 16:10 meaning slightly stretched vertically pre-rendered cutscenes.

Also, Steam Controller is great with this, but I have to mode switch to have mouse-joystick for thirdperson fighting and aiming and stick for the shmups and side scrolling. Still fantastic.

Also really surprised by the game. Not played much but really enjoying it. No idea what the hell is happening, and kind of want to play the original to find out when I'm done.

bbd23

im pretty sure if this wasnt nier I would have asked for a refund already but god damn im going to stick with this because of everything I have heard.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the original has little to nothing to do with Automata.

Some more Crusader Kings 2 stories: So since I last spoke of it, my old viking lord, leader of a doomsday cult, finally passed on and handed rulership over to a godlike warrior who I will call Viking Lord of the Battlefield. He is a true prodigy, an exceptional warrior that is peerless in my realm. The world was his oyster... after reuniting Vestlandet (Norway) and taking some of Sweden and Denmark too, he set his sights on Christendom's own Ireland.

It was going well--the duchy of Ulster was all but in his hands. And then he had a visit by a wandering priest, who he took pity on and gave him lodging. Nary a week later the priest ambushed Viking Lord of the Battlefield in his quarters, dagger in hand, and announced that he, Death, had come for his life.

My Viking Lord of the Battlefield, being the quick-witted prodigy that he is, did the only sensible thing and challenged him to a game of chess. Being a deceptive man, he cheated at first and gained an upper hand, but then blew his lead by playing it safe afterwards. It all came down to an even-odds move that gave Death everything, including Viking Lord of the Battlefield's life.

And so ended his prodigious reign, cut short decades earlier than I had planned. Now Vestlandet is in chaos and a new viking lord is in play. I'm not sure what direction to take yet, but getting revenge on the infidels, no doubt friends of Death, would be a good start.

May the bloodline live forever.
Waifu the Game.
I think you mean...

WAIFU THE GAME

Yeah, Nier needs some serious patching, it was running fine for me in the tutorial but the second area runs a lot worse.
Running fullscreen fixed the hud issues I was having.
You give your hard earned cash to buy a game day 1 and this is what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom