• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, it's been so long since I pre-ordered a game that I forgot how long it takes to decrypt, if I had time to play right away I'd just redownload it but I'll only get to it later so whatever.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

The Lost Battalion: All Out Warfare -- MB-D2E9B45000DBA4F1 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

Also still available from a previous giveaway -- MB-90C0D6383F67B4E0 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.

NeoRaider

It looks like Nvidia owners are having more problems with NieR. Also dat pop-in... :/

Let's hope they fix all these issues soon. (I doubt)

Lawbreak and Reign things.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (William Bonney, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lawbreakers Beta -- MB-684AF97D24C5BBD2 - Taken by zebez. 1 entrants total.
Reigns -- MB-A15CB85EB9D8FB89 - Taken by iiicon. 8 entrants total.

t1489782791z1.png

Coreda

EVGA sorted out the hardware issues with their new batches of the 1080s, right? 15% of the Amazon reviews are 1 star due to the failures/fires/etc and its hard to tell from others sites whether they would be selling the new batches.

Edit: oh that's why the reviews are mixed–Amazon includes all the different EVGA 1080 models on the one listing. Apparently the blower style weren't affected?

gngf123

Reposting:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-B9ACDDE8105C1B25 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Pony Island -- MB-EF46A9F4218D26B4 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-776DFD93112F879D

t1489783025z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"saving is possible"

oh thank you Nier, how fucking generous of you >_>

anyway, tutorial non-saving silliness aside, this right here, this is my jam.

Kudo

Nier runs.... bad with a 980TI/7600k... in 1080p.

Constant framedrops, cutscenes run at 30fps, but even those videos have framedrops.

Friend has 980TI/6700K and can't even boot the game, flashing white screen.
Will be sometime before I get to it myself so hoping they'll fix all the issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nier runs ok for me, I havent booted up Afterburner to check frames but its probably somewhere in the 50s, its quite smooth. Theres deffinately some drops tho but its nothing major for me, but hey, to each its own. I try not to obcess too much about it, if I was playing on consoles, I wouldnt be able to do anything about it anyway, thats how I usually think.

The cut scenes are shit tho, something seems messed up there, as they are clearly not even 30fps.

Nier runs.... bad with a 980TI/7600k... in 1080p.

Constant framedrops, cutscenes run at 30fps, but even those videos have framedrops.
980ti/6600k have msaa at 4x, borderless window and settings at max and 1080p and have had a consistent 60 fps through​ most of the game(3 hours now). If I turn msaa off and shadows to medium I get 60fps at 1440p. I wonder why the problems are really inconsistent even with people that have around the same specs. The cutscenes are really bad though. They seem to fluctuate between 15-30fps even when it says it's at 30fps the whole time.

980ti/6600k have msaa at 4x, borderless window and settings at max and 1080p and have had a consistent 60 fps through​ most of the game(3 hours now). If I turn msaa off and shadows to medium I get 60fps at 1440p. I wonder why the problems are really inconsistent even with people that have around the same specs.

Thats soo strange. In the Performance thread you even have people with a 280x that can play it with almost everything upped at 1080, while I have a rather powerful rig and it doesnt run smooth.

Vamphuntr

Anyone know how are you supposed to get Ghost Recon for free with a new Nvidia Card? Received my card but there is no voucher inside? It was from Amazon btw.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
No Truce with the Furies actually looks awesome. Like a choose your own adventure book mashed up with a CRPG. Definitely up my alley.

What's y'all RAM speed? I know there are a couple of odd games where your RAM speed makes a lot of difference in the framerate.
DDR3, 1866 mhz, 8GB RAM
Edit: Okay so I just went through
the amusement park
and the cutscenes are actually getting better performance wise. Before they would stutter and slow down considerably but now they are actually running smoothly at 30fps. This.....Is a weird version of the game.

I got the card but no email. I will email them unless someone abused it with the refunds to get free codes again haha

So if I remember correctly, Nvidia is (at this time) no longer doing the game promotion with amazon US. I think it is still due to that craziness with gears of war 4 codes.

Nabs

Currently playing Nier at 720p. It's not so pretty, but at least I'm managing 60fps at the moment. I guess it's finally time to drop my 660 ti.

Phawx

Currently playing Nier at 720p. It's not so pretty, but at least I'm managing 60fps at the moment. I guess it's finally time to drop my 660 ti.

Pretty decent run. I'd say wait for 10nm which might actually see a release next year.

Ascheroth

1080p/60 with a i5-4670k and a R9 290 here. Occasional drops into the 50s, but nothing noticeable if I'm not specifically paying attention to it.

Game certainly looks like its budget though.

I'm probably gonna grab Hollow Knight soon but I noticed Steamworld Dig is on sale.

They're both called metdroidvania, are they super similar? I could pick them both up but not sure if I want to play too games back to back if they are similar.

zkylon

zkylewd
fuck of course nuuvem has nier the day after i buy it off gmg

never again trusting square enix -___-

edit: oh wait it's brazil only

well nevermind then

Nabs

I'm probably gonna grab Hollow Knight soon but I noticed Steamworld Dig is on sale.

They're both called metdroidvania, are they super similar? I could pick them both up but not sure if I want to play too games back to back if they are similar.

No, they're not similar at all. Hollow Knight is a Metroid/Souls-like. Steamworld is something else entirely.

Pretty decent run. I'd say wait for 10nm which might actually see a release next year.

This is how I got here. lol we'll see what happens.

FLD

Steamworld Dig isn't a metroidvania. They're both great in their own ways but not very similar, no.

T-Rex.

Banned
Working great for me now. I'm pretty much getting a consistent 60fps with a few drops now and then, but nothing substantial. Cutscenes are horrible though.

4690/RX 480 8GB

Tonton

How does that card compare with the 750 ti? That's what I was hoping to run the game at on mine

fuck of course nuuvem has nier the day after i buy it off gmg

never again trusting square enix -___-

edit: oh wait it's brazil only

well nevermind then

is there really a brazil only region? i thought all region locked nuuvem games worked as south america?
or whatever the gifting region was

Eila

How does that card compare with the 750 ti? That's what I was hoping to run the game at on mine

is there really a brazil only region? i thought all region locked nuuvem games worked as south america?
or whatever the gifting region was

I think the store itself is locked but if you get the key with a proxy you can activate it in the whole region.

No, they're not similar at all. Hollow Knight is a Metroid/Souls-like. Steamworld is something else entirely.

Steamworld Dig isn't a metroidvania. They're both great in their own ways but not very similar, no.

I'm just making sure here, I'm not talking about Steamworld Heist, I've already played that and it's why I'm interested in Dig.

Some of the reviews on the steam page describe Dig as metroidvania which is why I'm hesitant.

FLD

I'm just making sure here, I'm not talking about Steamworld Heist, I've already played that and it's why I'm interested in Dig.

Some of the reviews on the steam page describe Dig as metroidvania which is why I'm hesitant.

I haven't even played Heist yet, so no confusion here. If you wanna make sure maybe check out a quick look on YouTube or something but they're really not all that similar. You need to stretch the definition of a metroidvania quite a bit to classify Steamworld Dig as one.

Hollow Knight is your typical metroid-like "large inter-connected world with exploration gated by mobility upgrades." Steamworld Dig isn't really like that. The exploration is more focused around digging, the overall structure isn't the same and it's more linear.

"Waifu the Game" was The Deer, which I already owned. Quote to reveal the key.

Lolwut. Talk about misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom