• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played those "VR demos that don't count" more than some of their actual games.
Good for you, because i can't stand VR stuff in any form - and this goes from person who developed apps and wrote master's thesis about VR. But yeah, this is just my personal opinion and i shouldn't wrote it like that, because i don't count CS:GO and Dota 2 as new Valve games too, they dead to me as devs after Portal 2.
https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming

Set NieR to windowed mode and then use this to make it go borderless.
You need to download software to enable Borderless Windowed.
The game upscales from 900p when running in exclusive fullscreen. Do this:
Also, the game's AA setting refers to MSAA, so if performance is low, you may want to disable it and do this instead:
Thanks for your suggestions! I knew about problems with fullscreen and that's why i enabled windowed mode right away. Performance is fine for now, but i'll take a look at ReShade (heard a lot about it but never used it), because i still want to make image less monotone and blurry. Also, why default Steam icon for Nier is so low-res and why they didn't used icon with Akihiko Yoshida artwork from Nier installation folder? I changed it manually and it looks much better now.
9oXVRTt.jpg

Tonton

These water levels in Black Flag are annoying
But I'm still compelled to do them even though I probably won't 100% the game either way

At least the ones that lead into a cave with enemies you gotta deal with without your usual equipment were cool

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for your suggestions! I knew about problems with fullscreen and that's why i enabled windowed mode right away. Performance is fine for now, but i'll take a look at ReShade (heard a lot about it but never used it), because i still want to make image less monotone and blurry.

Actually, as Coreda noted on the previous page, you don't need to worry about forcing AA externally provided you have the game's ambient occlusion option enabled as it also doubles as an option for post-process AA.

Also, why default Steam icon for Nier is so low-res and why they didn't used icon with Akihiko Yoshida artwork from Nier installation folder? I changed it manually and it looks much better now.
9oXVRTt.jpg

The icon is upscaled from 9p. :p

Nier talk: Is there any way to see specific commands? Like, you can equip the counter, but how do you do it? just walking in to the enemy at the right time? seems weird

Corpekata

Banned
Nier talk: Is there any way to see specific commands? Like, you can equip the counter, but how do you do it? just walking in to the enemy at the right time? seems weird

You thrust forward on the left analog. It is like Revengeance's parry except in that it was forward + attack, now just the analog movement does it.

Anteater

man Nier Automata really looks amazing, god damn, it's the best looking PG game so far and that includes animations, PG games usually has this weird look to it with its engine (except for the cel shaded games) and character design, but Nier looks so different

gngf123

Doing this causes me issues, the hud for button prompts gets messed up and the mouse cursor randomly appears in the middle of the screen. Went back to fullscreen since I couldn't find a way to fix this.

I've not seen the hud error before, that is something that maybe someone in the Nier PC thread could find a solution for.

The cursor thing might be able to be fixed by telling Borderless Gaming to hide the cursor.

Think this is the most expensive single piece of DLC I've seen on Steam?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/537770/

£67.99

And no other DLC for the game is even close to that price. They know exactly what they're doing...

EDIT: my god, the fuck is this game??
Not sure if this count since you need to buy it in TF2 but...

ringpic_1329345357.jpg

Fun fact, this was a LIMITED TIME EVENT ITEM for Valentine's Day 5 years ago. But since the money was good, they never removed it and I still see messages pop up for it.

Tall4Life

Not sure if this count since you need to buy it in TF2 but...

ringpic_1329345357.jpg

Fun fact, this was a LIMITED TIME EVENT ITEM for Valentine's Day 5 years ago. But since the money was good, they never removed it and I still see messages pop up for it.

I mean, it's cheaper than an actual engagement ring!

Lain

You wrote that Platinum's porting job is on par with the effort Koei Tecmo put into their ports, but the only distinguishing factor, as you expressed it, is that we are being way more forgiving of Platinum's port job. See for yourself.

I wrote that Nier seems to be a bit like a KT port i.e. it has issues. It's right there in the post you quoted, twice.

JaseC

Wasn't there one for like $300?

Fake edit: these aren't the ones I remember but they're similarly pricey

Yeah, but RimWorld's DLC is priced in accordance with Kickstarter tiers so backers wouldn't feel ripped off, which is why I excluded it.

Coreda

Yeah, but RimWorld's DLC is priced in accordance with Kickstarter tiers so backers wouldn't feel ripped off, which is why I excluded it.

Looking at the KS the original tier was CAD$150. Seems like an impressive pricing hike to me.

Nillansan

I wrote that Nier seems to be a bit like a KT port i.e. it has issues. It's right there in the post you quoted, twice.

That's not what it reads like, either way you are mistaken about the port, but whatever I am not going to bother with this back and forth any more.

I've not seen the hud error before, that is something that maybe someone in the Nier PC thread could find a solution for.

The cursor thing might be able to be fixed by telling Borderless Gaming to hide the cursor.

The hud issue is with the button prompts, they appear with keyboard prompts despite using the controller and then flicker like crazy between both versions when I press a button. I've seen others complain about this but didn't see a fix.
Thsnks for the tip on the cursor.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Soooooooooo THIS is how covert operatives take down Drug Cartels and Terrorists huh

Ah, then aside from CDKeys I'd suggest waiting for a price error :p
I want Wildlands mainly to fly around in the planes.

yeah I can wait :) rented it on PS4 for now and its great fun

SoraNoKuni

Ain't gonna play those so better give them to someone who may.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SoraNoKuni, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend Of EisenWald -- MB-7AE33187F841CB3A - Taken by Zeeman. 8 entrants total.
The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonca and Pizza Boy -- MB-6384587CDD622852 - Taken by illusionary. 13 entrants total.

t1489956481z1.png

C4rter

Can some Steam expert tell me how this is possible?

I had two keys to games I could not active in Germany, Ubersoldier 2 and Call of Duty Black Ops (Uncut). Because I don't trust all this VPN/Proxy stuff and I have a little knowledge of AWS, Amazon Web Services, I started myself a free Windows instance and installed Steam on it. I have a US IP on the server and I could activate Ubersoldier 2 now perfectly fine.

But with Black Ops, a strange thing is happening. Even though I have a US IP, Steam is telling me I cant activate it from Germany. But, it's a completely different message than in Germany:

Not available

Due to local laws and regulations, Activision does not allow this version of Call of Duty: Black Ops to activate inside of Germany. You will be able to activate this version of Call of Duty from outside Germany.

Please call Activision at some-number-here or send an email if you would like to return your version of Call of Duty: Black Ops for a version approved for sale in Germany. Please note, returns are subject to conditions and will be German language only. Alternatively, please contact Activision for any other questions.

The message given to me with a German IP is just:
Sorry but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled

But I don't understand why it's not working. Ubersoldier 2 worked, why not Black Ops?

Hektor

What's the point of sound waves graph in Nier? And can i get rid of that 9S dialogue tip?

There a some items hidden in the game that emit a high frequency tone as a hint to find them. Said tone is so high frequency, old people tend to be unable to hear it. Said Chip visualises the sound so old people are able to find them.

Ascheroth

There a some items hidden in the game that emit a high frequency tone as a hint to find them. Said tone is so high frequency, old people tend to be unable to hear it. Said Chip visualises the sound so old people are able to find them.
Are those related to the
dynamic scanner
or is this another separate category?

Welcome! I've had Half Life 2 and EP1 gifts in my inventory forever, I sent you a friend request if you're interested in them.

And now, thanks to ThingontheFloor, I have Half Life 2 and Ep 1 in my library! Woot woot! Definitely due for a playthrough again, since it's been around the original Orange Box release since I've played it.

Thanks duuuuuuuuuuuude!

C4rter

Change (not reset) your password and try again.

Yes! That did it! You definitely are the Steam king.
I was blocked for too many activation attempts earlier, but after some time and changing the password it worked flawlessly. Awesome. Thank you!

JaseC

Nier A when playing the main story - A+++

Nier A when running around the open world and doing sidequests - C

The inverse is how I feel about AssCreed. I miss AssCreed. :(

Yes! That did it! You definitely are the Steam king.
I was blocked for too many activation attempts earlier, but after some time and changing the password it worked flawlessly. Awesome. Thank you!

Glad you got it sorted!

Edit: Since I didn't actually answer your question earlier, the short version is that changing your password invalidates any and all login sessions, which may otherwise interfere with IP-related cross-checks.

C4rter

Edit: Since I didn't actually answer your question earlier, the short version is that changing your password invalidates any and all login sessions, which may otherwise interfere with IP-related cross-checks.

I see, that makes sense. But I was very irritated that it worked for one game and not for the other. Apparently, Blops has some more restrictions to overcome.

It's funny, that the better "not working" message only appeared in this case and the shorter message is the regular one.

At first I suspected the Authenticator, because the app is running on my phone with a German IP. So I disabled that, but the issue stayed the same.

Teggy

Somehow the USB connection on the Xbox one controller I use on my PC got busted so that it won't charge unless the cable is being forced down. I managed to get it charging by putting the edge of the keyboard on top of the connector but I can't play and charge at the same time. It's a cool blue navy special forces version so that sucks. I guess I should see if they have a battery charger like they did for the 360 so I don't have to just stop using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom