• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man eff the Switch. I'm sure it'll get a decent library by the end of the year but so far PS4 and PC have been killing it with these 2017 releases and it's freakin' March.

Kudo

Fighting the urge to just go out and buy Switch for Zelda is hard, small town so there was still stock left.
Wii U copy would come next week, hmm..

You people aren't just getting a Switch for Zelda BoW are you? There are about half a dozen other titles worth getting on launch too like Fast RMX for one thing.

Zelda and Voez.

Zelda, from what I see, looks like a huge game, so thats enough for March. I mean Nier still comes out, Toukiden 2, Senran Kagura etc.

Jawmuncher

You people aren't just getting a Switch for Zelda BoW are you? There are about half a dozen other titles worth getting on launch too like Fast RMX for one thing.

Did you watch the trailer? Granted it'd make the game easier to beat but you can always play through it solo. Co-op IMO is a neat addition to just mess around in for fun.

Zelda, snipperclips, that's it.

Only reason I got one at launch is because I scored it cheap.

Tizoc

Zelda and Voez.

Zelda, from what I see, looks like a huge game, so thats enough for March. I mean Nier still comes out, Toukiden 2, Senran Kagura etc.

No interest in Fast RMX or Bomberman R at least? Granted Bomberman Switch is pricey despite being a good game so I can understnad if one wants to skip it.

No interest in Fast RMX or Bomberman R at least? Granted Bomberman Switch is pricey despite being a good game so I can understnad if one wants to skip it.

Not really. Bomberman seems like its a bin-title in 3-4 months and Fast RMX looks cool, but like I said. Enough titles on PC. I dont need to buy titles I would maybe just start up or just buy them "to have more launch titles".

It actually seems a lot of people are buying Bomberman because "to just have another launchtitle". Like that Pac Pix for DS or Project Rub for DS.

Phawx

Don't forget that Blaster Master Zero is available through the Japanese eShop and is in English as well.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sorry guys, the Switch runs on FreeBSD which has even less games than Linux.

That's just math folks don't be mad.

That may be the case for the first year, but what about going forward? Then again it could pull off a PS3 and eventually become more widespread.

The library only gets better with time dude... New versions of Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Etrian and Pokemon will come in time. Then you'll get all the Mario and Zelda games. It won't all show up in a year but the library will get to a very good place in time.

The library only gets better with time dude... New versions of Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Etrian and Pokemon will come in time. Then you'll get all the Mario and Zelda games. It won't all show up in a year but the library will get to a very good place in time.

I think it matters whether 3ds/vita devs will jump onto the Switch or not. Of course everyone knows we will get Nintendo titles. Thats the case with every N console, but I really hope the handheld devs will develop for Switch.

gngf123

FreeBSD, huh? I didn't expect that.

Kind of figured Nintendo would go with a highly modified version of Android, since it shares a lot in common with the Nvidia TV.

Coreda

This post can only be written by someone who's never played Splinter Cell Chaos Theory co-op.

I remember playing this with friends. Someone in a recent thread mentioned they would have loved a MGSV co-op and I could see it being fun, too.

Ascheroth

4667919506C79BE4F1B49CCB165F2944382BC223
It took a few days, but I have prevailed!
(No, not with full health, I only had like... 4 left at the final stretch which was tense as fuck)
Would have probably been a little easier leveling up once, but oh well!

Tizoc

Sounds kinda like the Wii U :p

haendeul

I remember playing this with friends. Someone in a recent thread mentioned they would have loved a MGSV co-op and I could see it being fun, too.

That coop was so fucking good.
Better than the actual game lol.

My friend was peeping through a door with the camera, and I ran up to it from the other side and kicked it open so it killed him, and scared him half to death IRL as well.

Even Conviction is hilarious in co-op, although for different reasons.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, it's hard to make the player feel discriminated against when Adam Jensen's a typical cyberpunk protagonist, with special powers and privileges that allow him to live and work in the world. It could have made for some interesting contrasts had they explored Adam's relative privilege more. Instead they just have you stopped by the police at the terminals and go 'isn't this terrible!'

I kinda agree on the pacing, but I found it enjoyable to just explore Prague, so that wasn't too big of an issue for me.
i'm kinda torn what i think about it. exploring and stuff is kinda fun but at the same it's a deus ex game and i expect a sprawling cyberpunk conspiracy from it, while this feels like i'm in an rpg's first town killing rats on people's basements or something

it's also weird cos most of the sidequests have left me very unfilfilled (say
you take out the guy that was hypnotizing people in the sewer, and you didn't get to talk to him and you didn't get to see what happens to the people he hypnotized and also if you go back to his magician friend he doesn't even have anything new to say
) and idk, i was happy when i checked off all the sidequests i had so i could go along with the main story already, which is also not very interesting so far

it's like, i got all these powers but all i do is run around the city hacking stuff and robbing people blind

i find it really weird that this is a sequel to a game that already sort of had this problem and they made it even worse

Knurek

Just had this happen on my new monitor. :\ Seems like a wide-spread issue, Acer rep mentions something about a firmware upgrade, but I can't even imagine how one would do an upgrade without sending the monitor for servicing.
FML :(
Weirdest thing is, this doesn't go away if you turn the monitor off, but it does if you power it down completely. Doesn't seem to happen in lower framerates as well - I played through whole of Abzu and Ryse with framerates hovering around 100-120 range and had no problems...

kionedrik

Did you watch the trailer? Granted it'd make the game easier to beat but you can always play through it solo. Co-op IMO is a neat addition to just mess around in for fun.

I can't watch youtube videos at work but I was mostly talking about how theoretically co-op and stealth gameplay don't make any sense together. At least for me, stealth is all about careful planing and methodical actions and none of it can be done in co-op, or at least it is excruciatingly hard.

Either way, Styx was a good game and I had lots of fun with it's stealth mechanics so I hope the sequel remains just as good.

Coreda

Photos are tiny but I'm familiar with what appears to be the same issue from another, older monitor. In my experience it had to do with the connector of the panel requiring contact cleaning since it was causing connection issues with the panel. It could be temporarily 'fixed' by slapping firmly the back of the monitor where the connector resides (it's slightly terrifying tbh but did work in my case :p).

Could be something else causing it but the resulting effect looks identical to those photos. The other thing I remember was not allowing the monitor to go in a power saving mode else upon returning the effect can be present.

Will be interesting to hear updates about it.

I think it matters whether 3ds/vita devs will jump onto the Switch or not. Of course everyone knows we will get Nintendo titles. Thats the case with every N console, but I really hope the handheld devs will develop for Switch.

Where else would they go? Handheld is still king in Japan. Some might transition over entirely to making big console games for the PS4 and some might go mobile only but any dev house that still develops for handheld will release games for the Switch.

Sounds kinda like the Wii U :p

Sure, aside from the fact that virtually none of those games I listed came to Wii U. The Wii U might have been a failure but the 3DS is a resounding success with an insanely good and varied library of games. And again, almost every studio that contributed to that library (and everyone who develops for Nintendo) is now going to target a single platform. If you're still doubtful that the system won't eventually have an awesome library then I don't know what else to say.

Tizoc

Where else would they go? Handheld is still king in Japan. Some might transition over entirely to making big console games for the PS4 and some might go mobile only but any dev house that still develops for handheld will release games for the Switch.

Sure, aside from the fact that virtually none of those games I listed came to Wii U. The Wii U might have been a failure but the 3DS is a resounding success with an insanely good and varied library of games. And again, almost every studio that contributed to that library (and everyone who develops for Nintendo) is now going to target a single platform. If you're still doubtful that the system won't eventually have an awesome library then I don't know what else to say.

I keep forgetting about Switch being a handheld so based on that I could get it in the future when they stop supporting the 3DS for one thing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom